Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

The CGI looks horrible otherwise movie looks fun I miss the dark look of the first tho.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This isn't a credit, though. This is the actual person who's work this is based on giving their "thumbs up." So that's a very bad comparison.

And he's not mocking them. That's your incorrect interpretation.
    Well sorry but Finger and Kane are dead so getting them in a movie is quite difficult. My point is Finger was never credited as the creator of Batman since he was a ghost writer.

Just because Stan Lee appeared in every MCU movie doesn't mean i have to like every movie or decision they made

I really think unless the person is Alan Moore they’re not going to care what they do for a movie based on their comic. I also seriously doubt he read the entire story or script for the movie. If he did and liked it good for him but you really think Ostrander is that sensitive or egotistical to be like Moore about anything related to him? He has his opinion and I have mine

Then how do you interpret the James Gunn movie Super? What’s the correct interpretation for GotG and now this when it has characters saying everything is ridiculous? He has never shown heroes in a positive light
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 03-26-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Crediting Bob Kane and Bill Finger is DC comics policy. They have to be credited in everything Batman appears in, it has nothing to do with the filmmaker.

Looks good, except for the Harley stuff but that's to be expected, but otherwise looks entertaining.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

James Gunn does it Again, this looks Amazing and Shark King looks Amazing!

I honestly still enjoyed the 1st one but this one looks SO Good, glad to be getting back into DC now!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Well sorry but Finger and Kane are dead so getting them in a movie is quite difficult. My point is Finger was never credited as the creator of Batman since he was a ghost writer.

Just because Stan Lee appeared in every MCU movie doesn't mean i have to like every movie or decision they made

I really think unless the person is Alan Moore they’re not going to care what they do for a movie based on their comic. I also seriously doubt he read the entire story or script for the movie. If he did and liked it good for him but you really think Ostrander is that sensitive or egotistical to be like Moore about anything related to him? He has his opinion and I have mine

Then how do you interpret the James Gunn movie Super? What’s the correct interpretation for GotG and now this when it has characters saying everything is ridiculous? He has never shown heroes in a positive light
    Your personal opinion is noted but only relevant to you. The fact is Ostrander doesn't need you being offended on his behalf. He clearly doesn't feel disrespected and his opinion matters more than yours when it comes to his works.

And he has shown heroes positively. The fact the GOTG are so dysfunction but still do the right thing in the end shows their heroism. That's the actual point.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Sylvester Stallone is King Shark.

King Shark is a Stallone :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Crediting Bob Kane and Bill Finger is DC comics policy. They have to be credited in everything Batman appears in, it has nothing to do with the filmmaker.
    I know they've always credited Bob Kane, but I feel that Bill Finger has only recently started being credited.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd see Starro in a major motion picture. I loved the trailer and am optimistic about the film, but as amusing as King Shark was, it's kind of strange that the best looking King Shark we've ever gotten was on TV in The Flash.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I said Snyder created finger who for decades was left uncredited as the creator of Batman. Even Arkham Knight said “based on character by Bob Kane” and left Finger out

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Your personal opinion is noted but only relevant to you. The fact is Ostrander doesn't need you being offended on his behalf. He clearly doesn't feel disrespected and his opinion matters more than yours when it comes to his works.

And he has shown heroes positively. The fact the GOTG are so dysfunction but still do the right thing in the end shows their heroism. That's the actual point.
    Luckily I’m not offended on his behalf. What I said was Gunn didn’t understand Ostrander’s run or didn’t respect it. I couldn’t care less if he gets a 10 second cameo as fan service in the movie. All Gunn sees is whacky characters to make fun of and nothing else. He doesn’t respect comics or these characters. No different than Whedon and JL. The problem with modern suicide squad and the movie was trying to copy James Gunn’s GotG when the suicide squad has never been GotG. The only similarity is both are misfits that’s it. Having the squad fight starro is no different than them fighting Enchantress and her big evil gray monster thing from the first movie. Like if Starro was the villain of the first movie people would’ve complained they used another cgi monstrosity and that it is stupid for mostly normal people to fight Starro but since it’s James Gunn it’s great. On top of that Snyder makes Superman serious and they say he doesn’t respect the character. Guess he should’ve had him make some sick jokes to show his respect to Superman

Like have you read the Dan Abnett GotG?

I don’t see why superheroes are innately stupid. Is it the costume?

Ultimate Member

Isn't the Suicide squad suppose to be about smaller threats? Why use a world ending threat again especially when it is another cgi monstrosity?
    TBF, I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts out as a smaller threat. Then Starro appears unexpectedly and they have to deal with him as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    TBF, I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts out as a smaller threat. Then Starro appears unexpectedly and they have to deal with him as well.
    They are still fighting a world ending threat. Chances are their mission is to eliminate these people then they discover Starro. No different from the Ayer suicide squad. I’d much rather see the Ayer cut than GotG DC edition. If Gunn did the first movie you’re praise him
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 03-26-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Incredible Member

If James Gunn’s name was on the first movie people would’ve praised it

If James Gunn’s name was on the first movie people would’ve praised it
    Unfortunately this is kinda true more or less.

Luckily I’m not offended on his behalf. What I said was Gunn didn’t understand Ostrander’s run or didn’t respect it. I couldn’t care less if he gets a 10 second cameo as fan service in the movie. All Gunn sees is whacky characters to make fun of and nothing else. He doesn’t respect comics or these characters. No different than Whedon and JL. The problem with modern suicide squad and the movie was trying to copy James Gunn’s GotG when the suicide squad has never been GotG. The only similarity is both are misfits that’s it. Having the squad fight starro is no different than them fighting Enchantress and her big evil gray monster thing from the first movie. Like if Starro was the villain of the first movie people would’ve complained they used another cgi monstrosity and that it is stupid for mostly normal people to fight Starro but since it’s James Gunn it’s great. On top of that Snyder makes Superman serious and they say he doesn’t respect the character. Guess he should’ve had him make some sick jokes to show his respect to Superman

Like have you read the Dan Abnett GotG?

I don’t see why superheroes are innately stupid. Is it the costume?
    And my point is that Ostrander himself is a better judge on whether his run is respected or not. And him being in the film is a clear indication he feels respected.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to that fact.