Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Deadpool where the PG and R are basically blurred or not that far off from the other.
    What version of Deadpool did you watch, the released for Christmas pg13 Deadpool 2 cut? Because how do movies where a guy cuts his hand off, gets pulled in half, people get smashed into road signs, shot, stabbed, slashed, fall into a wood chipper and bleed acid melting another guy, blur PG and R?

Deadpool is hard R. Unless you need like nudity or more overt drug use, it's hard to get more R than this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What version of Deadpool did you watch, the released for Christmas pg13 Deadpool 2 cut? Because how do movies where a guy cuts his hand off, gets pulled in half, people get smashed into road signs, shot, stabbed, slashed, fall into a wood chipper and bleed acid melting another guy, blur PG and R?

Deadpool is hard R. Unless you need like nudity or more overt drug use, it's hard to get more R than this.
    And there even nudity in Deadpool. Reynolds bare bum before the sex scene was shown.

Deadpool was a very hard-R.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    If you're looking for James Gun doing some bad character work, the final scene in GotG2 between Ego and Starlord is it. Starlord transforms into Pacman for no other reason other than a "lol, random" joke. The dialogue even implies that Pacman has some sort of significance to the character, yet Pacman wasn't even mentioned prior to this in any of the two films. Gunn legit saw Pixels and decided to copy them.

GotG2 was, say it with me, an objectively bad film, though everyone already knows this. That being said, so far it looks like James Gun is trying to lean into his strengths with this film.
    Yeah, it was an aimless mess, and that was extra galling after he bragged about writing the screenplay in an hour or something. We could tell, James.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 03-29-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    And there even nudity in Deadpool. Reynolds bare bum before the sex scene was shown.

Deadpool was a very hard-R.
    Didn't Deadpool get "pegged" by Vanessa? Didn't they show DP testicles in a scene?

I understand people are prepping to call the Disney version "tame" I didn't realize they would make old versions in their mind tame as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I keep seeing it called a bad movie lately, but here it goes - I like GotG vol 2 better than the first one. I think the first one feels kind of choppy, it's true. There, I said it.
    They are some pretty good think pieces/Breakdown on Gotg 2, The movie is deeper than in spite of some of opinions you are seeing but to each their own I guess none these things are going to please everybody.

More on topic I liked Will Smith in the first one it would have been nice if he came back.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-29-2021 at 03:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yeah, it was an aimless mess, and that was extra galling after he bragged about writing the screenplay in an hour or something. We could tell, James.
    I will not put the fault on Gunn for GOTG 2 or the first film, the second film in particular, even looking at the RT that only a few MCU fans always like to bring up. RT says the movie barely has a plot or a story but it is funny enough for them critics, which is stranger because the movie is not even meant to be funny and been funny has nothing to do with making a comic book movie where the source material is the opposite. this is the uselessness of RT and why nobody that is into real film critique metrics takes that site seriously.

The fault of GOTG likes more with Kevin Fiege and Marvel Studios. I cant blame Gunn the way I will blame him for not knowing how to direct live action Scooby Doo movies. now that Scooby Doo franchise, he sucked at it. But as said on another thread about if MCU directors are talented, maybe, just maybe SS 2 will prove Gunn is and he has grown by light years from Scooby Doo 2 Monsters Unleash.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-29-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

The fault of GOTG likes more with Kevin Fiege and Marvel Studios. I cant blame Gunn the way I will blame him for not knowing how to direct live action Scooby Doo movies. now that Scooby Doo franchise, he sucked at it. But as said on another thread about if MCU directors are talented, maybe, just maybe SS 2 will prove Gunn is and he has grown by light years from Scooby Doo 2 Monsters Unleash.
    Are stating that James Gunn directed the Scooby Doo live action movies? Do you understand the live action Scooby Doo movies were directed by Raja Gosnell, not James Gunn? Gunn wrote the screenplay, he did not direct.

GOTG 2, not a great film, certainly not as good as the first one. But still very watchable and fun, and the ending had real heart, bringing much of the audience to tears.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Are stating that James Gunn directed the Scooby Doo live action movies? Do you understand the live action Scooby Doo movies were directed by Raja Gosnell, not James Gunn? Gunn wrote the screenplay, he did not direct.
    Funny, always thought he directed it , wonder why he became the breakout star of the scooby doo series instead of the actual director. This is why I always thought he actually directed those films.

However writing is still good enough to hold him 50% responsible. Maybe he is just not a good writer, which affects how he directs? the main problem with GOTG movie is also 50% of the writing and no, I am not one of those who only complain about the bad use of jokes every 5 seconds. It is also 50% of the cartoony style of GOTG, which I am happy is no where to be found watching the trailer of SS 2. That been said Gunn as an artist is no Joss Whedon
    Last edited by Castle; 03-29-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Funny, always thought he directed it , wonder why he became the breakout star of the scooby doo series instead of the actual director. This is why I always thought he actually directed those films.
    Have you ever considered that you thinking something doesn't make it fact? Do you understand that you hurt your own credibility when you state things you believe as fact that are easily disproven? Instead of explaining why your view is right even though you get the most basic of facts wrong, you could do the bare minimum of research to check?

BANNED

Looks great. Can't wait to watch it. And I would be up for a King Shark solo or even better them doing a Secret Six movie with him showing up. Jeannette beating him up would be a plus but not nesecassery^^
    And seeing that Starro finally shows up that could not be totally impossible.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 03-29-2021 at 07:12 AM.

BANNED

Have you ever considered that you thinking something doesn't make it fact? Do you understand that you hurt your own credibility when you state things you believe as fact that are easily disproven? Instead of explaining why your view is right even though you get the most basic of facts wrong, you could do the bare minimum of research to check?
    Do you understand why at the Oscars 87% of the best picture winners also win for screenplays even as shitty and an as politically bias awards show can be, they still maintain some credible metrics that connects and interchanges a writer/director/producer?

If you do, then you must understand where I am coming from when I question Gunn's body of work as an artist from his time on Scobby Doo to GOTG even if I made a reasonable error that he was both the writer and director of scooby doo, but as usual, you come after me personally even once being very attemptly insulting by comparing me to Trump. which I actually should have reported you to the moderators for.

Please stop making forum post about me. I am not here to discuss cbr forum users, I am here to discuss movies, film making and the art of cinema. if you cannot do that, then stop replying to me and derailing the thread.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-29-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Do you understand why at the Oscars 87% of the best picture winners also win for screenplays even as shitty and an as politically bias awards show can be, they still maintain some credible metrics than connects and interchanges a writer/director/producer?

If you do, then you understand where I am coming from when I question Gunn's body of work as an artist from his time on Scobby Doo to GOTG, but as usual, you come after me personally even once being very attemptly insulting by comparing me to Trump. Please stop making forum post about me. I am not here to discuss cbr forum users, I am here to discuss movies, film making and the art of cinema. if you cannot do that, then stop replying me.
    Your discussion is filled with basic error, twisted logic, and presenting your own opinions are a fact. When you stop presenting yourself as an expert while making error filled posts, I will stop pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Looks great. Can't wait to watch it. And I would be up for a King Shark solo or even better them doing a Secret Six movie with him showing up. Jeannette beating him up would be a plus but not nesecassery^^
    And seeing that Starro finally shows up that could not be totally impossible.
    Section 8 movie please, with John Malkovich as Jean de Baton-Baton and Jake Gyllenhall as Dogwelder.

Your discussion is filled with basic error, twisted logic, and presenting your own opinions are a fact. When you stop presenting yourself as an expert while making error filled posts, I will stop pointing that out.
    He did make a pretty good point though, if not about anything related to movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Section 8 movie please, with John Malkovich as Jean de Baton-Baton and Jake Gyllenhall as Dogwelder.
    Hitman movie for introducing the characters and after that sure, why not? But who would play Hitman?