Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Immortal hulk vs current Avengers and X-men

Who’d win

Hulk 8s blood lusted

Isn’t ‘Current X-men’ basically the entire list of Krakoa residents?

So Magneto, Exodus, Xavier, Magik, Rogue, a bunch of powerful reality warpers, telepaths and telekinetics, intergalactic teleporters etc, etc?

And then you want to add the Avengers to that?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Plus, "current Avengers" includes Thor with full-on Odinforce / Thorforce. "I killed me a Galactus" Thor.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Plus, "current Avengers" includes Thor with full-on Odinforce / Thorforce. "I killed me a Galactus" Thor.
    Putting aside that IIRC that was contentious enough here a mod advised against bringing it up. Or that it didn't seem that Thor was a regular team member because of the Iron Man scene and that in King in Black he wasn't ready with the regular hero teams and he arrived until the middle of the event.

Does Thor in the current Avengers book operate at that level at all? I don't follow it but Thor fans seem to be counting the days until it ends, after things like getting Brooded and Moon Knight knocking him out with his own hammer and a bunch of moons.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Putting aside that IIRC that was contentious enough here a mod advised against bringing it up. Or that it didn't seem that Thor was a regular team member because of the Iron Man scene and that in King in Black he wasn't ready with the regular hero teams and he arrived until the middle of the event.

Does Thor in the current Avengers book operate at that level at all? I don't follow it but Thor fans seem to be counting the days until it ends, after things like getting Brooded and Moon Knight knocking him out with his own hammer and a bunch of moons.
    Eh, writers do write themselves into corners from time to time. It's already hard to have a team with Thor and Hawkeye (or Superman and Batman, etc.) before you turn one of them into a massively powerful cosmic. The Moon Knight stuff was based on Khonshu having a stupid amount of extra juice because reasons, then Moon Knight used special stuff to drain the power of Strange, to take Mjolnir from Thor and make a prison of numerous moons to hold Thor captive for a while. Yes, that's completely stupid, given that even 20 moons is like a finger swipe for a pissed off Odinforced Thor, but writers don't worry about "consistency" and stuff.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm just seeing Magneto and Thor racing to see who can rip out all the gamma radiation from Hulk first while all telepaths all focus their full power on various different avenues of attack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm just seeing Magneto and Thor racing to see who can rip out all the gamma radiation from Hulk first while all telepaths all focus their full power on various different avenues of attack.
    Is that before or after Mikhail Rasputin and Proteus have argued about who turns Hulk into a teacup?

Edit: Or before Lionel Jeffries turns his regenerating body into a puddle of fleshy goo?

Immortal Hulk is tough and is definitely sold hard by his writers but this seems a bit much.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Avengers already beat Immortal Hulk, albeit with some prep time and Tony's weaponry. Adding in a entire nation of mutants makes this a curb stomp.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, writers do write themselves into corners from time to time.
    From time to time? I'm talking about how Avengers membership Thor has been the domain of Jason Aaron, infamous for producing the IIRC nicknamed in this board Trash Thor that led to him being skull fractured by this Hulk (who would still lose here for reasons already stated and probably more).

I am merely asking if that (3 year running now) run at least shows or validates that Thor can at least summon Odin ravens to bring him a sandwich. PIS has always been a thing but I don't really trust that Marvel currently isn't sometimes running on whole separate continuity lanes with characters.

Is Dr Strange on a current Avengers line-up?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Is Dr Strange on a current Avengers line-up?
    His solo book was cancelled, he was only emergency-called for the goshdarned King In Black event, and the Avengers book was put on hold for a new Heroes Reborn series.

Sooo... I don't think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    His solo book was cancelled, he was only emergency-called for the goshdarned King In Black event, and the Avengers book was put on hold for a new Heroes Reborn series.

Sooo... I don't think so?
    But he was in the most recent team for the event prior to the series being put on hold?

So one might argue that’s another person who makes this impossible for Hulk.

Not that we needed anyone else.

Astonishing Member

But he was in the most recent team for the event prior to the series being put on hold?

So one might argue that’s another person who makes this impossible for Hulk.

Not that we needed anyone else.
    Was that to deal with Dracula, Mephisto or Phoenix?

For that matter Captain America recently ordered golden form Sentry around in King In Black like they were in a 2005 New Avengers comic all over again. Even with that blatant ignoring of Sentry's recent transformation/continuity, Hulk was never going to make it here.

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t ‘Current X-men’ basically the entire list of Krakoa residents?

So Magneto, Exodus, Xavier, Magik, Rogue, a bunch of powerful reality warpers, telepaths and telekinetics, intergalactic teleporters etc, etc?

And then you want to add the Avengers to that?
    Technically speaking "Current X-Men" consists of no one. The Team is not active at the moment. They retired it when everyone went to Krakoa, and in-universe they aren't announcing the members until the Hellfire Gala