Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Batman Rebirth: Storylines You’d Like To See Animated

8617664F-9999-46E8-A931-F11922CB57C0.jpg

With the Nu52 Animated Universe drawn to a close with Justice League Dark’s Apocalypse War putting the nail in the coffin for the rebooted era, which storylines from the main Batbooks would make a killer animated film?

Bonus points for stories that are Bat family related.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Incredible Member

You know, Night of the Monster Men would make for a bitchin' animated film. War of Jokes and Riddles could be worked into something decent as well. To be honest I can't think of much else. I just can't picture the overall narrative of King's or Tynion's runs being workable as an animated film. Maybe a series, I dunno.

I think the Button can work, but you can’t do the city of bane followup. It works as a semi sequel to Flashpoint and you can animate the scene where Bruce gets to meet Flashpoint Thomas.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The only story that comes to my mind is Victim Syndicate. With a few tweaks here and there it could be a nice action toon that puts a fine question of collateral of Batsy's war.

Outlaws Rebirth. Would be nice to see a non-Under the Red Hood Jason storyline adapted.

Super Sons. It seriously deserves its own animated series.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh we're talking throughout the whole line?

Night of The Monster Men for some dumb fun

Outlaws first arc against Black Mask

BatCat Clois Double Date... or... Bat Cat, starting at the proposal, ending at the marriage, with some shenanigans with Clark and Lois, Prelude to the Weddings involving the family in between

Nightwing going Kill Bill rescuing Damian

Batman Cold Days for something more cerebral but relaxing

SUPER SONS

All-Star Batman My Own Worst Enemy is pretty epic

Damian's Titans vs Ra's al Ghul

Batman and The Outsiders vs Ra's al Ghul

Dark Nights Metal but I don't know how I arrange the scene since it's pretty dense. I guess it could start with the invasion already happening and Batman strapped to the antenna, the backstory told through flashback.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-27-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think the Button can work, but you can’t do the city of bane followup. It works as a semi sequel to Flashpoint and you can animate the scene where Bruce gets to meet Flashpoint Thomas.
    You could still do CoB, just change a couple components, and boom.

Extraordinary Member

If we are talking animated Movies, I think Night of the Monster Man or something of the storylines from Tynions Tec Run (like the Colony) could work.

Storylines from King's Run would need imo major rewriting for a movie, they are often to long, to slow paced and to connected with one another. I mean the concept of "War of Jokes and Riddles" could make for a good movie, but imo not in the way it was written.

And when it comes to City of Bane, I would say just do Knightfall instead.

Incredible Member

I only really want to see Batman R.I.P. (just to hear Danse Macabre play throughout)

As far as Rebirth goes, probably the Two-Face story from "All Star Batman"

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    I only really want to see Batman R.I.P. (just to hear Danse Macabre play throughout)
    I'd want it just for Jezebel Jet reveal scene with the petals falling while Batsy is crashing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    You could still do CoB, just change a couple components, and boom.
    I mean it can work, I just don’t think you want to follow up the emotional scene of Batdad meeting Batson and then destroy it with Thomas being evil later.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If we're talking just from King's Run, definitely the BatCat/Clois double date. Hell, everything leading up to the wedding...Definitely not after it though.

War of Jokes and Riddles would be really cool to see too.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it can work, I just don’t think you want to follow up the emotional scene of Batdad meeting Batson and then destroy it with Thomas being evil later.
    I mean, depending how you work it, you could always plant seeds in the first film that would allude to his more sinister heel turn. Or even have it over the course of 3 films, with the Button happening first, then plant more seeds in a wedding film, and finally finish it with City of Bane.

They'd have to add some to make King's stories fast paced enough for an animated movie.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I mean, depending how you work it, you could always plant seeds in the first film that would allude to his more sinister heel turn. Or even have it over the course of 3 films, with the Button happening first, then plant more seeds in a wedding film, and finally finish it with City of Bane.
    Or you could just make Thomas not evil and sub in someone else somehow for CoB.