Default MCU's Avengers: Infinity War, but different

Kind of an obvious scenario, but basically how would things have gone if basically Civil War hadn't happened and thus all the Avengers that would have been around then were on board when Thanos attacked Earth in IW?

Bonus scenario: Instead of the Avengers Earth as of IW is defended by every heroic mutant from the Fox X-menverse. How do they fare? In this case similar story beats will allow the X-men to find stones as would have happened with the Avengers.
    Last edited by Postmania; 03-26-2021 at 11:45 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I honestly don’t think much would change.

Thor and Hulk are still, for all intents and purposes, off the board for the majority of the attack. The Black Order would likely still
    split into 2 groups And attack both Wanda/Vision & Strange at the same time. The only difference I see possibly happening is Rhodey going into space with Stark but I don’t see that making much of a difference.

The Fox-Men don’t really have the firepower or the numbers to repel Thanos solo with 4 or 5 stones not to fight off a Black Order lead invasion. They’ll get overwhelmed fairly quickly.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If Fox Men includes Jean-as-Phoenix, well, she'd just dissolve them or mind-whammy them, including Thanos, and have herself a lovely collection of infinity stones.

Xavier could probably mind-whammy any of them as well.

Fox Quicksilver is generally not too affected by PIS, so he'd run right up and take the gauntlet off of Thanos' hand, then stab him with his own sword. Or stab him with Wolverine.

Magneto could pretty trivially solo most of them, as long as he doesn't get quickdrawn. He could easily take Corvus' stick or Thanos' sword and impale everyone on it. Or, since they all have metal on them and none of them can fly, he just launches them all into space. When their ships are coming down, same deal, he can just land them at the bottom of the ocean. And of course the big shiny metal infinity gauntlet might as well be a gift to Mags.

Some of the Fox-Men are just too OP for this fight and the bad guys lack easy ways to deal with them. Maw is a threat, but not against all of them at once. The others will never get close enough to do anything.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Eh, Spiderman and Ironman together took about a minute and a half of wrestling with the gauntlet while Thanos was incapacitated to get it loose, even with his speed I don't see Quicksilver just ripping the thing off

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Eh, Spiderman and Ironman together took about a minute and a half of wrestling with the gauntlet while Thanos was incapacitated to get it loose, even with his speed I don't see Quicksilver just ripping the thing off
    Thanos was certainly somewhat incapacitated, but he was still conscious and had already started to resist the gauntlet's removal before Mantis' mind-whammy.

Quicksilver could be in and out with the gauntlet before Thanos had any time to even consider physically resisting its removal.

I'd say he'd remove it just fine.

As for the answer to the initial question, I think it would depend entirely on where exactly Vision and Wanda were. If they were in New York, the discussion between Banner, Strange, Stark and Wong would have enabled someone to contact them to warn them about Vision's Mind Stone being sought after. That might have prompted a bigger gathering of heroes in New York.

If Strange, Stark, Wong, Wanda, Vision, Captain America, Black Widow, Falcon, possibly Rhodey and then Spider-Man were all together when the Black Order attacked in NY (even if this scenario meant that all four members attacked at once), they might not have managed to get their hands on either of the two Infinity Stones that would've been in play. That would've changed everything, as all of those characters (and Banner with the Hulkbuster), may have headed to Wakanda.

With Thor, Groot, Rocket, Black Panther, Bucky and the Wakandan army joining that group against Thanos' forces - and with Thanos arriving without the Mind AND Time Stones - it would've been a very different fight.