Page 38 of 95 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This is all from Decimation. I don't know why anyone wants to insist on dragging that crap on. Before the MCU and the need to make the Avengers the face of the MU instead of the X-Men none of this was true. Editorial shoved the mutants in a corner (and then routinely complained about how that was as if they were not to blame) essentially putting them off limits from every other book and then started having characters start blaming everyone for stuff to hype up Avengers vs X-Men. We had 40 years of X-Men getting along just fine with the rest of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Whether or not the X-Men ditching the dream makes sense and is a good idea to be a permanent change to the franchise.
    I suppose for some characters it makes sense to abandon it after everything theyve been through.

But I'm also perplexed by the people saying that mutants having their own safe space is bad and humanist.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But they aren't. Right now the xmen are setting up a safe place, getting mutants their so they can't be used or abused and then they go out into a world that still hates them and try to make change by doing good works. Humans slowly start to see mutants can be helpful and minds start to change. But still the main line has to change the stories they do because when they create those things, mutants would have been affected. Now they can do all the registration stories they want but it's not in their best interest. But people are like instead of following the story "i want to see this now! not my x-men"

This is what the xmen have always done. Give mutants a safe place, the mansion and go out and change the world. Only now they can't be attacked every second to distract from the actual story of coexistence as opposed to shocking deaths of the week.
    Maybe. I think it's possible you're reading into this era the best intentions, but by that same token I'm just as likely reading in the worst because of my general disappointment with the main book. I'd like to be wrong, I want an X-Book that I can really get behind.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is all from Decimation. I don't know why anyone wants to insist on dragging that crap on. Before the MCU and the need to make the Avengers the face of the MU instead of the X-Men none of this was true. Editorial shoved the mutants in a corner (and then routinely complained about how that was as if they were not to blame) essentially putting them off limits from every other book and then started having characters start blaming everyone for stuff to hype up Avengers vs X-Men. We had 40 years of X-Men getting along just fine with the rest of the line.
    This agree with but i do think the younger crop of writers that came in and even the seasoned ones kept running with it because they were the big boys with the rights. In what world does it make sense to create some of the stories they did. I agree with you.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is what the xmen have always done. Give mutants a safe place, the mansion and go out and change the world. Only now they can't be attacked every second to distract from the actual story of coexistence as opposed to shocking deaths of the week.
    I'm just saying they didn't need to take 2 years to have the X-Men act on the dream, if that's what this new book is doing. I also don't think the X-Men needed to become huge assholes to all their allies and friends to make Krakoa look good. Hopefully the Hellfire Gala is a correction. But if it's not, I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with everyone being so OOC till the end of Hickmans run, and potentially indefinitely if this is a permanent change in how Mutants think of their human friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Maybe. I think it's possible you're reading into this era the best intentions, but by that same token I'm just as likely reading in the worst because of my general disappointment with the main book. I'd like to be wrong, I want an X-Book that I can really get behind.
    It just honestly doesn't make sense to me to go down that road. IF this all blows up in the xmen face imo it looks like hickman and co are saying even under the best intentions even pulling away to an ideal safe place, letting people breathe, and then coming to them and letting them really get to know you hate and fear always wins. So i can definitely agree i'm looking at it ideally but it's also the only way that makes sense to me. I mean i get it and i know all that could happen but it doesn't make a lot of sense when depending on the writer someone could come in with the exact setup hickman has right now and do a traditional x-book with them staying at one of the habitats or something as a base. In the previews for the team it even says the team will be based in NYC.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't think the choices are "hate and fear wins" and "The X-Men are symbols for nationalism now"

I'm just saying they didn't need to take 2 years to have the X-Men act on the dream, if that's what this new book is doing. I also don't think the X-Men needed to become huge assholes to all their allies and friends to make Krakoa look good. Hopefully the Hellfire Gala is a correction. But if it's not, I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with everyone being so OOC till the end of Hickmans run, and potentially indefinitely if this is a permanent change in how Mutants think of their human friends.
    They already looked like assholes imo as someone who read their book and saw them saving everyone in their backyard but mutants. Thats on nobody but the offices who let those stories be written and printed. It's a shame no one can produce panels in over a decade of the avengers (aside from x-side appearances) actually showing up to help. People aren't just like hating on the avengers i try to think in universe when i think about a story or stories.

A more recent example. Look what happened when a part of the main mu was in the x-books. Franklin. We saw where that went.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-17-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The dicision to make X-men antagonize allies was a really bad one. Makes zero sense be against your friends

The same "allies" who have been watching the mutants face genocide after genocide for decades lol I swear you guys are so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The same "allies" who have been watching the mutants face genocide after genocide for decades lol I swear you guys are so funny.
    Some of the people who perpetuated those atrocities are now their best buds on that island but okay

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    This is so fake, they arent watching anything. This way makes it as avengers were just watching while mutants were murdered and that isn't true.

People are mad that all marvel universe doesn't revolve around mutants all the time.

Some of the people who perpetuated those atrocities are now their best buds on that island but okay
    What i really don't get is it was the whole line. You mean fighting red skull for a 1000th time was more interesting than Cap going into the heart of a mutant facilitiy to free children in his own book.
    It's more compelling to see Daredevil chase electra then one story of Daredevil helping a mutant in Hell Kitchen on the run from liberators during the registration act.
    Or she hulk, or Thor fighting a god sentinel being designed to kill mutants. I find it really hard to believe no one wanted to tell those stories but now the avengers look like jerks.

Why waste the mutants on what the writers weren't even using them for. They could have put heart into all those stories if Cap and co cared or rather a single person that wrote them during those period.

Imagine the imagery of cap pulling several mutants out of the terrigen gas. i mean come on.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Captain america themes are political and they have nothing to do with Mutants. His book will never be about mutants, there is x-men books for that.
    Also who cares about terrigen mists? that was a horrible status quo;

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Captain america themes are political and they have nothing to do with Mutants. His book will never be about mutants, there is x-men books for that.
    Also who cares about terrigen mists? that was a horrible status quo;
    Well there you go enjoy your book, i am enjoying mine.

The line created a registration act and rather than deal with it they let the heros go on and do other stories and then only handled it in events. Not the x-line fault every directive the marvel universe put down they actually dealt with.

And if captain america is a political book wouldn't a registration act be political. It wouldn't be heroic to see cap do what he supposedly does and go bust up a denention center or a mutant selling ring where registered mutants were being taken and abused. He wouldn't have felt somewhat responsible for it? That wouldn't have been about him, and his feelings and what he did just because the goal was to save mutants due to an act his friends put in place with the government?

IronMan? Carol?

No story anywhere in that for them that would have been about them?

That explains the state of the main line to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.