Page 41 of 95 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Mutants doesn't need Sinister, they already have his DNA bank

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, why blame the characters when the true fault lies with the creative forces behind the books?

Speaking of the mutant massacre, it was Destiny who advised Mystique to leave the tunnels. Freedom Force could have helped their fellow mutants, but bailed.

Thor was in the tunnels, battled the Marauders, saved Angel, and gave the slain Morlocks a Viking funeral. Leaving the dead bodies would have caused a health hazard.

Also, Thor has known the O5 since they were kids.

The Avengers also gave up their UN status to help out in Genosha.

It was the Avengers that destroyed the Mark II Sentinels.

The Avengers have legit history of being sympathetic towards the struggles of mutants.

When the X-Men were on reprint only status, the mutant saga was continued in various Marvel books.

I think the issue is creators being too territorial with characters & stories which gives the appearance of one franchise being apathetic with another.

Captain America can endorse tolerance for mutants all the live long day, and that will not stop forces from conspiring against them. Captain America & the FF have publicly endorsed Spider-Man, yet he has been historically viewed with suspicion (although it has been years since I read Spidey).
    Let's have more of this.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I can't think of anything in operation paperclip where a Nazi was made into a major position in the higher US government like Attorney General or Secretary of State.
    Soooo any gov position below Attorney General is acceptable? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm pretty sure the destruction of a culture and placing a magical lock on procreation with the goal bring "No more mutants" forfilles at least three of the definitions of a genocide.

Killing members of the group
    Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
    Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part
    Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group
    Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

As for Sinister they need him (for now) but you can see they don't like him given they sent him to his death already as well as Emmas comments to Havok about him. I see him being redundant once they borrow his equivalent from Arrakoa
    Plus he is tech a mutant now...gotta get thorns when you pick roses
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo any gov position below Attorney General is acceptable? lol
    Lmao so what's your argument then, that it's fine that a Nazi is a head of Krakoan government or that importing Nazis is bad?

Krakoa is an ethnonationalist state with a Nazi at the heart of their government who's people (including other government heads) consider themselves superior beings and the new gods of the world. Kind of sounds like the people the X-Men used to fight rather than what they aspired to be to me.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 04-17-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Let's have more of this.
    I enjoy the silver age, bronze age, and MCU more than modern comics because they better reflect the concept of a shared universe.

Lmao so what's your argument then, that it's fine that a Nazi is a head of Krakoan government or that importing Nazis is bad?
    Sinister worked with Nazis and did horrible sh!t True. But I wouldn't call him a Nazi. He has no hatred of Jewish, Swedish or any race of folks he was just there to do his ungodly experiments
    Krakoa is an ethnonationalist state
    and....
    with a Nazi at the heart of their government
    Eh doesnt hate like that tho...which more than I can say for a lotta places
    who's people (including other government heads) consider themselves superior beings and the new gods of the world.
    Again and??? If your neighbors believe they are the immortal ruler of Mars and everyone (including you) are his sex slaves. What does it matter if he stays on his property and never harasses you or your family?
    Kind of sounds like the people the X-Men used to fight rather than what they aspired to be to me.
    Yeah you're getting it!...Humans!
    GrindrStone(D)

So I should be happy that the X-Men now act just like X-Men villains? That's the new future for the X-Men as a franchise?

So I should be happy that the X-Men now act just like X-Men villains? That's the new future for the X-Men as a franchise?
    Not tryna tell anybody what they should do. Buuuut I would suggest tryin to understand a lot (if not most) readers dont feel that way, taking a step back to see if you could catch on to something you missed that everyone else seems to embrace
    GrindrStone(D)

I get what people like about Krakoa (the same way I get that people thought Killmongers plan to take over the planet in the Black Panther movie was a good idea), but I don't like the idea of "this is who the X-Men are forever now". Like when ever has any other line just done a total 180 on their fundamental values and then was permanent? Superior Spider-Man wasn't permanent, Hydra Cap/Secret Empire wasn't permanent, AXIS wasn't permanent.

The Hickman eras brought a bunch of new ideas, but not all of them are that good or done well, and aren't inherently good just because they're new. I hope this new book proves me wrong and it's more traditional, especially since Hickman isn't writing it, but honestly if it's not the case and these characters are now permanently just not like the stuff that got me into the X-Men, why the hell should I bother sticking on? Or at the very least wait till Hickmans era is done.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 04-17-2021 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I enjoy the silver age, bronze age, and MCU more than modern comics because they better reflect the concept of a shared universe.
    And it doesn't even take much to accomplish that.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Not tryna tell anybody what they should do. Buuuut I would suggest tryin to understand a lot (if not most) readers dont feel that way, taking a step back to see if you could catch on to something you missed that everyone else seems to embrace
    You could stand to take your own advice to see the issues some of us have with the approach of this era and acknowledge that not all of our criticisms are jokes.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You could stand to take your own advice to see the issues some of us have with the approach of this era and acknowledge that not all of our criticisms are jokes.
    It's hard to take most of it seriously when it's usually in direct contradiction to what's on page
    GrindrStone(D)

The Hickman eras brought a bunch of new ideas, but not all of them are that good or done well, and aren't inherently good just because they're new. I hope this new book proves me wrong and it's more traditional, especially since Hickman isn't writing it, but honestly if it's not the case and these characters are now permanently just not like the stuff that got me into the X-Men, why the hell should I bother sticking on? Or at the very least wait till Hickmans era is done.
    That’s the thing I wonder too… How many readers like the way the X-men are portrayed nowadays and how many readers like new comics because it’s new stuff with people called X-men while having in mind the past characterization…

I know that some people have started reading Hickman’s run and stopped. Others are reading new stuff but keep talking about past comics like it has a connection with current comics although the characters were behaving quite differently from now.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Is it fair for me to say that the people who think the xmen are villains now that you don’t understand what is going on nor did you ever really get what the xmen were about in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Is it fair for me to say that the people who think the xmen are villains now that you don’t understand what is going on nor did you ever really get what the xmen were about in the first place?
    I don't think they're villains, I'm saying they've adopted the superiority ideology of some of their villains.