Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1417
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    American football is superior to soccer. Everyone knows that.
    It's called football NOT soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Especially when it's perfectly clear that there are other prominent mutants who clearly don't subscribe to that ideology.
    Do they strongly object? I don’t have this impression… It seems to me they became rather lenient with people expressing such views.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    American football is superior to soccer. Everyone knows that.
    Absolutely. But only in America.
    In the rest of the world, to the rest of the world...Football reigns supreme.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    I will never get the tension or emotion if I know it is an illusion.
    I do believe resurrection opens the door to some very interesting stories IF they are done right.
    On the former point, I think that has as much to do with an individual's ability to suspend their disbelief as it does a comics creative teams' ability to sell the story. Marvel has really hurt themselves in that regard throughout the years, corporate cape comics have, so they need to rethink their strategy.

I agree on the latter point.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Factual point:

https://external-preview.redd.it/prE...=webp&ed6002b5

The creation of Krakoa is exactly what triggers the Orchis Protocols.

I'd like us to come out of this era with the X-Men finally realising that true co-existence (not forced acceptance) is not a beautiful ideology, but the only practical way to go. No mutant nation will ever survive if mutants aren't first actually accepted. And, for me, the most obvious way (although it’s not an easy way) for that to happen would be if both mutants and gene-typical humans realised they are, objectively, part of the same species.

The idea that mutants are an endangered species is conceptually wrong. Gene-typical humans and mutants are so genetically close they can freely reproduce. The offspring of two gene-typical humans can be mutant (Charles Xavier, the O5, etc...). The offspring of two mutants can be gene-typical (Gaydon Creed). And there doesn't seem to be any difficulty in mating between a mutant and a gene-typical human (David Haller, Lorna Dane, etc...).

But the idea of being an “endangered species” has been at the centre of what has motivated the X-Men for so long that few people even question it. One of the reasons I’m still somewhat interested in Hickman’s run is the hope that this will change.

I don’t think this will happen, though…

Note: Another conceptual problem: if you remove mutants from the Homo sapiens species, how else could you accept that humans are, in fact, evolving unless such evolution is machine/AI-driven? If you declare any mutation creates a different species, you are putting Homo sapiens in an evolutionary prison that only accepts evolution if it's non-biological.
    This would be ideal, that's where I'd take the X-Men if I could.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Do they strongly object? I don’t have this impression… It seems to me they became rather lenient with people expressing such views.
    That's true, and where has this assertion that anyone is saying all of Krakoa is supremacist come from? Prominent mutants and mutants in leadership expressing sentiments like Magneto and no one telling them to chill is enough of a problem.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

On an island of so many mutants, some villainous, some heroic, villains turned hero, some children, some adults...so many personalities of ALL types...of course there will be some with such extreme views as "mutant supremacy". And certainly no big surprise that people like Cortez, Magneto, Exodus and o--[A]--o would be the ones to express that sentiment but...

Why is the whole mutant populace being tarred and feathered with the same MS brush?

Especially when it's perfectly clear that there are other prominent mutants who clearly don't subscribe to that ideology.
    Ugh I know right judging a whole nation of people based on the actions or ideas of a few of it's citizens is like grody to the max
    Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    It's called football NOT soccer.
    Not here it ain't
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's true, and where has this assertion that anyone is saying all of Krakoa is supremacist come from? Prominent mutants and mutants in leadership expressing sentiments like Magneto and no one telling them to chill is enough of a problem.
    Errr this is Magnero on chill mode.
    And whyyy is it not the same for human governments? Ya know the ones that allowed giant death robots to operate and "apprehend" Mutants or allow crazy robots like Bastian to seize power, experiment on reg people turning them into smaller but just as deadly robots to deal with the mutant problem... Or the ones that facilitated the Mother Mold, or that were complacent when Mutants were being gassed to death? Y'all reeeeally gonna say that after a that Mutsbts I power or outta power need to chill in their remarks towards these same governments??
    Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i don't disagree with the point your trying to make and i don't think the intent of this scene is to come off that way, but just because humans aren't around to hear it doesn't mean mutant supremacy talk suddenly doesn't count. like white supremacy rhetoric doesn't suddenly just not exist until a black person is nearby to hear it. they do it just as much amongst themselves to reaffirm there own beliefs.
    True True it just didn't much much sense to me given the context
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    True, people are allowed to expresse supremacist ideas without any backlash

its an over bloated meander mess that reeks of editorial control. no way this is hickman's vision. im giving duggan 3 issues to show me its worth sticking around for if not i wont even pirate this nonsense.
    Last edited by ospfwildcard; 05-16-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

This is what I will say about the "Krakoa Era" of the X-Men: it is an intriguing and compelling take on the X-universe. I do appreciate the creativity and world-building that has taken place.

I personally believe that the X-Men stand for more than just protecting and caring for mutants. I fell in love with them because they fought for everyone. I don't think that altruistic mission statement can ever be surpassed.

I think Krakoa is a great creation and should continue to be a sovereign nation and I hope future writers will continue to build/add to it... I just don't think the X-Men should be based there or leading it. I think their calling is beyond Krakoa.

I hope that when all is said and done with this era, the X-Men will occupy a greater space in the Marvel Universe where they are synonymous within the public's eye as the Avengers, the FF, etc... I hope they even have team members that aren't mutants because they've truly become a team that reflects higher ideals.

I appreciate Hickman is crafting and telling a story that hasn't been told on this scale. I can't wait to collect it in it's entirety.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Mighty Member

On an island of so many mutants, some villainous, some heroic, villains turned hero, some children, some adults...so many personalities of ALL types...of course there will be some with such extreme views as "mutant supremacy". And certainly no big surprise that people like Cortez, Magneto, Exodus and o--[A]--o would be the ones to express that sentiment but...

Why is the whole mutant populace being tarred and feathered with the same MS brush?

I guess it's the same like the entire human populace being tarred and feathered with the same "evil label" brush. The Friends of Humanity, The Right, The Purifiers, Orchis, various Governments, ect.. They do something harmful to mutants and suddenly it's all of humanity who are evil and bigots and racists, including the poor who probably live in some slum in a third world country and are only concerned with surviving day to day and know next to nothing about mutants. They get lumped in with Orchis, The Purifiers and the rest. It goes both ways, if you want to say the all humans are culpable for what a handful of them do then the same will be said about mutants; they are culpable for what some among them preach and believe. Tit for tat.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    its an over bloated meander mess that reeks of editorial control. no way this is hickman's vision. im giving duggan 3 issues to show me its worth sticking around for if not i wont even pirate this nonsense.
    Hickman is having total freedom. I think this i swhat you get when you pay him as a showrunner, he just write very little and still get a good pay.
    I reember when he said that he would rotate to wrie others books on the line for 6 issues lik he did on new Mutants and he ended never doing that

They are both mutants… The mutant superiority on one to another doesn’t make any sense.

Or Wolverine is less considered as a mutant because his power is less offensive than Cable’s?
    Cable is considered the better fighter... no matter how wrong that actually is, but that’s what SS was referring to.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wolverine has said it multiple times. His opinion is everyone has opportunities to be good or bad and being human or mutant doesn’t automatically make you good or bad, it’s how you act. He was ready to fight Apocalypse when he set foot on Krakoa but Xavier made Poccy his homie.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    This is what I will say about the "Krakoa Era" of the X-Men: it is an intriguing and compelling take on the X-universe. I do appreciate the creativity and world-building that has taken place.

I personally believe that the X-Men stand for more than just protecting and caring for mutants. I fell in love with them because they fought for everyone. I don't think that altruistic mission statement can ever be surpassed.

I think Krakoa is a great creation and should continue to be a sovereign nation and I hope future writers will continue to build/add to it... I just don't think the X-Men should be based there or leading it. I think their calling is beyond Krakoa.

I hope that when all is said and done with this era, the X-Men will occupy a greater space in the Marvel Universe where they are synonymous within the public's eye as the Avengers, the FF, etc... I hope they even have team members that aren't mutants because they've truly become a team that reflects higher ideals.

I appreciate Hickman is crafting and telling a story that hasn't been told on this scale. I can't wait to collect it in it's entirety.
    More likely than not if X-Men operate outside Krakoa and embrace a neutral stance between humanity and mutants.It will put them at odds with their own kind and a Krakoan schism will most likely lead to its collapse.If not, then we'll go back to the X-Men living among humanity and Krakoa(like the morlocks)isolating themselves and having brotherhood type animus.In a way nothing is new under the sun that is why Moira life 11 is the failsafe.