Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1417
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    What do you think of Marvel launching this return series immediately into a crossover event? Would an over-sized one-shot or tie-in mini-series leading into a new ongoing have been better or do you think this is good or even better? I'm not sure how I feel, but Al Ewing seems to be the best overall writer at Marvel right now so I'm sure he'll make it work.
    It is a one shot. My expectation is that this will be the introduction to bringing Cable back into SWORD with the new status quo.

What do you think of Marvel launching this return series immediately into a crossover event? Would an over-sized one-shot or tie-in mini-series leading into a new ongoing have been better or do you think this is good or even better? I'm not sure how I feel, but Al Ewing seems to be the best overall writer at Marvel right now so I'm sure he'll make it work.
    What cranger said...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is a one shot. My expectation is that this will be the introduction to bringing Cable back into SWORD with the new status quo.
    I think he’s right. This one-shot is just to re-establish adult Cable and bring him into SWORD and the Final Annihilation event. We’ll see what else they might do with him (e.g., whether he interacts with Storm on her next big thing, assuming it’s also set in space like SWORD).

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That will happen because Krakoan society puts the vlue of the being on having powers, we already see many of mutants supremacism on all books
    Seriously, you are a human… would you go somewhere where there are plenty of mutants with destructive powers when you have yourself no power at all? The contrary would be unrealistic to me… particularly considering who is at the head of the Krakoan government.

The Old Xavier would have inspired more trust but it would still have been difficult.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Seriously, you are a human… would you go somewhere where there are plenty of mutants with destructive powers when you have yourself no power at all? The contrary would be unrealistic to me… particularly considering who is at the head of the Krakoan government.

The Old Xavier would have inspired more trust but it would still have been difficult.
    There is like also 3 laws, that doesn't inspire confidence that people gonna respect your body and your properties. I can see some people going for free food and housing, but most people would feel more secure in their own countries.

Integration will never go right if one part is claiming race superiority

That will happen because Krakoan society puts the vlue of the being on having powers, we already see many of mutants supremacism on all books
    As evidence where? You know you can't just spout out whatever you want. It had to be true or at least canon
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Just how silly it was that Jean was in a pod or something, that Scott's character (and Maddie as well) was hurt to get him back to Jean, this incorrect perception of Jean's character, having to work through the destroying an entire planet thing.

The resurrection protocols don't work for me because the answer to meaningless deaths isn't to make them more meaningless.
    I don't know how they become more meaningless but everyone will have their own opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    I don't know how they become more meaningless but everyone will have their own opinion on this.
    You care if a character dies… If the character resurrects, you feel cheated… “Oh, the author played with my feelings…”

Now with this resurrection machinery… it’s: “oh, they died, what’s the point?” The characters feel less real. Why would you feel anything?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You care if a character dies… If the character resurrects, you feel cheated… “Oh, the author played with my feelings…”

Now with this resurrection machinery… it’s: “oh, they died, what’s the point?” The characters feel less real. Why would you feel anything?
    The problem is that they are being killed all the time, because they are careless.

you know that dead is still important when to get the stakes higher they created a way to make death permanent

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    As evidence where? You know you can't just spout out whatever you want. It had to be true or at least canon
    Almost all the comics on krakoa era? We saw a lot of chaarcters say how humans are inferior, Emma called humans "monkeys", we saw Dani talking how inferior the human education system is

Almost all the comics on krakoa era? We saw a lot of chaarcters say how humans are inferior, Emma called humans "monkeys", we saw Dani talking how inferior the human education system is
    Emma has BEEN had a superiority complex and Dani never used the word inferior. She certainly noted the difference and thinks that mutants can evolve past the traditional educational system, but that doesn’t make her a supremacist.

Also you’re saying that mutants shouldn’t try to integrate because some of them think they’re superior. Then should mutants and humans always stay separate because there are always going to be some humans on the other side who think mutants are inferior.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's more a case of 'we already don't care since death has been meaningless for years.' If a character stayed dead it was an exceptional case and likely a very specific editorial edict that would end when a new editor took over. When Nightcrawler died, when Wolverine died, when Xavier died, there was no reason to care since we knew they'd all be back sooner rather than later. With Scott's death they seemed to be poking fun at this by making it off-panel and having everyone hate him for a year before they even showed what happened. Occasionally there will be a story where the emotional fallout is handled well enough that we may feel something, like with Damian's death in Batman Inc and the Human Torch's death and the silent issues that followed those - even if everyone knew that they wouldn't last long. It's impossible to care when the very concept has been a joke for decades.

The Rosenberg run and this current run seem like them acknowledging that the emperor has no clothes and that the audience can't be manipulated by killing off characters anymore. Now the issue is about whether the characters will come back wrong, which has always been one of my preferred options for bringing back a dead character partly because of its rarity and partly because it doesn't detract from the tragedy of the original death in the same way bringing them back as they were does. It also creates new ethical issues that are being addressed in Way of X and New Mutants. The question of who gets to be resurrected and who doesn't is very meta as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Emma has BEEN had a superiority complex and Dani never used the word inferior. She certainly noted the difference and thinks that mutants can evolve past the traditional educational system, but that doesn’t make her a supremacist.

Also you’re saying that mutants shouldn’t try to integrate because some of them think they’re superior. Then should mutants and humans always stay separate because there are always going to be some humans on the other side who think mutants are inferior.
    Some of them no, A lot of them. I just gave few examples. Some of the high raking goverment and most important people there are Mutant supremacists, so yeah who would be crazy to integrate to s supremacist nation.

Some of them no, A lot of them. I just gave few examples. Some of the high raking goverment and most important people there are Mutant supremacists, so yeah who would be crazy to integrate to s supremacist nation.
    So in one thread it’s a “supremacist nation” and in another it’s a “minority safe space”. Good to know.

So in one thread it’s a “supremacist nation” and in another it’s a “minority safe space”. Good to know.
    These two co-exist on real life. We are seeing it happen. and there is a lot of examples to get out of it

I noticed the same thing Rang10 has picked up on. It's a steady drip feeding of supremacist and/or anti-human sentiments from many corners of Krakoa. A backhanded compliment to humans here, sneering at humanity's "dead end" status (from the perspective of mutants), outright slurs, Trinary tip toeing around saying something insulting about human created things but then Monet flatly states it out loud. It's consistent enough that I'm almost certain this was something discussed at a writers retreat for the whole line. If the goal is for some utopian co-existence model on Mars with Storm heading it, I think beliefs like these will be corrosive to the effort at a whole. Replacing each of these instances with an actual racial or religious slur makes it abundantly clear how bad this is.

That was just looking at the comments in isolation. When applying the context of Krakoa, its laws and culture (of celebrating mutant powers, mutant culture, mutants no longer knowing death or disease, and so on) I can see Hizashi's point of humans being instant second class citizens in any mutant society, or planet. You'd simultaneously be a symbol of the oppressors that made the mutants around you suffer AND you're a vulnerable minority without the ability to retaliate against creatures you can't kill or harm. And in the eyes of many, you'd be a perfect scapegoat if there was any attack on mutant society. Rationally, it'd be stupid to move yourself and your family into such a position.

But you know what? It'd make one HELL of a story. I'd love to read it, even if it was just a 10 part mini-series.

Fake Edit: Also yeah, I don't even count anything coming out of (or around Emma) because she's been a mutant supremacist for ages. Humans around her are either treated as cattle or servants, it's the other newer stuff that's more interesting.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 05-15-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    I noticed the same thing Rang10 has picked up on. It's a steady drip feeding of supremacist and/or anti-human sentiments from many corners of Krakoa. A backhanded compliment to humans here, sneering at humanity's "dead end" status (from the perspective of mutants), outright slurs, Trinary tip toeing around saying something insulting about human created things but then Monet flatly states it out loud. It's consistent enough that I'm almost certain this was something discussed at a writers retreat for the whole line. If the goal is for some utopian co-existence model on Mars with Storm heading it, I think beliefs like these will be corrosive to the effort at a whole. Replacing each of these instances with an actual racial or religious slur makes it abundantly clear how bad this is.

That was just looking at the comments in isolation. When applying the context of Krakoa, its laws and culture (of celebrating mutant powers, mutant culture, mutants no longer knowing death or disease, and so on) I can see Hizashi's point of humans being instant second class citizens in any mutant society, or planet. You'd simultaneously be a symbol of the oppressors that made the mutants around you suffer AND you're a vulnerable minority without the ability to retaliate against creatures you can't kill or harm. And in the eyes of many, you'd be a perfect scapegoat if there was any attack on mutant society. Rationally, it'd be stupid to move yourself and your family into such a position.

But you know what? It'd make one HELL of a story. I'd love to read it, even if it was just a 10 part mini-series.

Fake Edit: Also yeah, I don't even count anything coming out of (or around Emma) because she's been a mutant supremacist for ages. Humans around her are either treated as cattle or servants, it's the other newer stuff that's more interesting.
    Yeah I agree with those statements. It's just weird to me that fans are so quick to call all of Krakoa a supremacist nation (and have actively been against their new segregationist views), but then they want mutants to give humans the benefit of the doubt and not generalize them based on the actions of some few governments and particularly hateful individuals. I figured the thought of reintegrating would make fans who hate this era happy, but I guess not.

Also want to note that this could not be the case at all and we're really just speculating off of one poster's amazing theory.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-15-2021 at 01:32 PM.