Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I mean in hindsight they weren't exactly wrong but presenting that you might have to kill a friend definitely need more tact than Wolverine and Emma pitches.
    I wouldn't even call it hindsight, Wanda had already murdered several Avengers prior to this meeting, that was the reason for the meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    So Spider-Man is a bigger threat like Wanda was.... Either way I never really liked how Bendis wrote Emma or Logan. He was always retrospective towards their character development.
    Nobody said Spidey was a bigger threat than Wanda, he could definitely destroy a lot of baseline heroes with out breaking a sweat though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He may say that, but it's happened a hell of a lot of times and he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to let anyone kill him.

Somehow he's always gotten better, yet for some reason he doesn't think somebody else should be given that chance.
    So much of Logan's history is him talking to other's about second chances, like soooooooooooo much of it. "I was turned into a monster by Weapon X, but the X-Men gave me a second chance, this could be your second chance kid" is probably one of the most common things he say's outside of "bub" I'm paraphrasing of course.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm planning on going back over HoX/PoX, X-Men, XoS, and reading (no purchase) HG so I can look back on this run so far with a fresh perspective. Who knows, maybe I'll find things I missed that I can appreciate. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm planning on going back over HoX/PoX, X-Men, XoS, and reading (no purchase) HG so I can look back on this run so far with a fresh perspective. Who knows, maybe I'll find things I missed that I can appreciate. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    Maybe ponder a bit about why the timelines at the start of Power of X are named as X0, X1, X2 and X3, when they turn out to be Life 10, Life 9 and Life 6 of Moira X in this order.
    Red Hering or intentional forshadowing towards some being percieving these in completely different order than how Moira X lived them?

Or why X2 and X3 are shown from the perspective of characters, who's actions Moira X could have never witnissed or learn off and why this might be important for things to come?

What was the meaning and origin of the last words of the yellow skinned Chimera?

How can Cylobel show up in the exact same situation in Life 6/X3, as she was put in in Life 9/X2, despite Moira heavily altering the timeline. Was what we saw with Nimrod the lesser perhaps not in Life 9 but in Life 6?

Why is the Cerebro the Librarian is using, the same design as the present day one? Did Xavier try to create the Resurection Protocol before?

If Moira and Apocalypse got his Horseman back in Life 9, did they also get the Arraki back? If yes, how could they be defeated when Saturnyne's vision to Wolverine showed them single handedly wiping out all opposition on Earth with little effort including overcomming the Moira reset button?

Is Moira X really rebooting the universe when she dies or is it just a false perception born from not understanding her abilities? What proof is there for her rebooting the universe, rather than perhaps just having a pre-birth series of precognitions?

How does Destiny know Moira can only relive her life 10 times and why was she willing to actualy reboot the universe? Why didn't she give Moira X her own anti-mutant serum before having Pyro kill her?

Just some examples for stuff still worth thinking about from the original dual mini series alone.

On the other hand, now i'm dissapointed again at how slowly the whole actual main plot (and for some the only interesting part in this status quo it seems) is progressing since Hox/Pox, if at all. We got so little actual developed since then.

Oh and side note. Mars allready has flora when a Krakoa flower is planted there 2 months before the start of the series. Totaly forgot that detail when everyone talked about them potentialy terraforming Mars soon.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-03-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

On the other hand, now i'm dissapointed again at how slowly the whole actual main plot (and for some the only interesting part in this status quo it seems) is progressing since Hox/Pox, if at all. We got so little actual developed since then.

Oh and side note. Mars allready has flora when a Krakoa flower is planted there 2 months before the start of the series. Totaly forgot that detail when everyone talked about them potentialy terraforming Mars soon.
    Lots of good uestions that are far away from being answered. Really a shame what is going on with x-men books.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He likes too much being that dude to me. He’s like the X-men’s personal assassin.

Of course, wasn’t he be around, it would force the others to take their responsabilities and consider all the options. But, in a way, it would tarnish all the heroes and not just blacken even more an already dark character.
    That's mostly how Bendis views the character.
    "Cable was right!"

Hickman has revitalized the franchise and this era has me more excited than I've ever been about the X-Men. Its really fascinating watching this community build and grow beyond the bounds of the Institute days.

Reading HOX/POX is always enjoyable, but if I’m being honest I usually get more enjoyment out of some of the satellite titles than the main book. Like individual Hickman issues will get me hype but then the next month will be something totally different so it doesn’t really last. Still rereading the Hickman issues will probably give some good insight into what’s coming next if that’s what you’re into.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Maybe ponder a bit about why the timelines at the start of Power of X are named as X0, X1, X2 and X3, when they turn out to be Life 10, Life 9 and Life 6 of Moira X in this order.
    Red Hering or intentional forshadowing towards some being percieving these in completely different order than how Moira X lived them?

Or why X2 and X3 are shown from the perspective of characters, who's actions Moira X could have never witnissed or learn off and why this might be important for things to come?

What was the meaning and origin of the last words of the yellow skinned Chimera?

How can Cylobel show up in the exact same situation in Life 6/X3, as she was put in in Life 9/X2, despite Moira heavily altering the timeline. Was what we saw with Nimrod the lesser perhaps not in Life 9 but in Life 6?

Why is the Cerebro the Librarian is using, the same design as the present day one? Did Xavier try to create the Resurection Protocol before?

If Moira and Apocalypse got his Horseman back in Life 9, did they also get the Arraki back? If yes, how could they be defeated when Saturnyne's vision to Wolverine showed them single handedly wiping out all opposition on Earth with little effort including overcomming the Moira reset button?

Is Moira X really rebooting the universe when she dies or is it just a false perception born from not understanding her abilities? What proof is there for her rebooting the universe, rather than perhaps just having a pre-birth series of precognitions?

How does Destiny know Moira can only relive her life 10 times and why was she willing to actualy reboot the universe? Why didn't she give Moira X her own anti-mutant serum before having Pyro kill her?

Just some examples for stuff still worth thinking about from the original dual mini series alone.

I mean, I might walk away more in love with HoX/PoX and so concurrently more disappointed with the current stuff.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Reading HOX/POX is always enjoyable, but if I’m being honest I usually get more enjoyment out of some of the satellite titles than the main book. Like individual Hickman issues will get me hype but then the next month will be something totally different so it doesn’t really last. Still rereading the Hickman issues will probably give some good insight into what’s coming next if that’s what you’re into.
    I'm glad that's worked out for readers who's favorite characters are seeing more use, but that should never be the case with the flagship book, it should be the book that hurts to drop.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hickman has created an interesting world. But i like most of the other X-books so much more than X-Men. Hickman is a boring writer and it really hasn’t been much development since those first amazing issues.

My list (have probably forgotten a book or two - there are so many!):
    SWORD
    X-Factor (could be because I am a huge fan of Northstar)
    X-Force
    Hellions
    Marauders
    Cable
    New Mutants
    X-Men
    Wolverine
    Excalibur (just bad and confusing)

I'm glad that's worked out for readers who's favorite characters are seeing more use, but that should never be the case with the flagship book, it should be the book that hurts to drop.
    True, flagship should be essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    True, flagship should be essential reading
    Right?! I started with X-Men and New Mutants and thought I'd probably add later depending on a few factors like art and story direction and word-of-mouth, but instead I dropped NM and have been left disappointed with the flagship.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Right?! I started with X-Men and New Mutants and thought I'd probably add later depending on a few factors like art and story direction and word-of-mouth, but instead I dropped NM and have been left disappointed with the flagship.
    "The flagship" book is being used to set up other books and general story points to make the era work more fluidly but they told every one going in what the book was going to be one shot stories. The X-men book was the connective tissue for the whole line while not being so big as to draw importance away from the other books. If I had to give an example the X-men book was like following the main storyline in Game of Thrones and the other books where the other stories that tied into it.

I get what people are looking for when they say "Flagship" book but it was a smart idea to do what they did because it let every book be important. You will see what happens when X-men have a flagship team and book ,it is only going to be one or two book that matters and the rest books will feel lesser. Even the move not have an official X-men team was a good one you will see stuff like "why should a care about Hellions or X-factor they are JV league teams and not real X-men" not having "real X-men" made every character in the franchise get look at like "real X-men".

X-men being an basically anthology book that could shine focus on any character or team might be the best idea for the franchise but people love tradition.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-05-2021 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    "The flagship" book is being used to set up other books and general story points to make the era work more fluidly but they told every one going in what the book was going to be one shot stories. The X-men book was the connective tissue for the whole line while not being so big as to draw importance away from the other books. If I had to give an example the X-men book was like following the main storyline in Game of Thrones and the other books where the other stories that tied into it.

I get what people are looking for when they say "Flagship" book but it was a smart idea to do what they did because it let every book be important. You will see what happens when X-men have a flagship team and book ,it is only going to be one or two book that matters and the rest books will feel lesser. Even the move not have an official X-men team was a good one you will see stuff like "why should a care about Hellions or X-factor they are JV league teams and not real X-men" not having "real X-men" made every character in the franchise get look at like "real X-men".

X-men being an basically anthology book that could shine focus on any character or team might be the best idea for the franchise but people love tradition.
    I definitely understand the argument for a more bombastic flagship title for people who just want to keep up with the line through that.

Still you hit the nail on the head when it comes the importance of the rest of the line. I remember when I first started actively collecting comics during the Bendis era I felt like every comic in the line (and they were publishing a similar number of books) that wasn’t written by Bendis was pretty much irrelevant.