Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It's not about the person for me, I am just heavily against the overuse of telepathy, as it's always invasive and imposing regardless of that. If ever there was an ability that needed regulation of some kind, it's that.
    I see your point and I agree definitely telepathy is one of the harder powers to regulate but also tricky, especially for Krakoa to do so because all of them are supposed to be free to use their powers so itīs an interesting debate to have how good is free use of powers vs the well being of everybody else. They did good to give a choice to Proteus, Empante, Krakoa and Selene so their need to absord vital energy didnīt mean the death of the person but itīs harder to make the same agument about telepathy needing to be regulated, especially when Charles is their leader so this brings a good argument for the characters.

I gave Jean some points because adult Jean unlike teenager Jean who was as bad or worse than Emma at this, often uses her words before her powers and she did a good job helping Jessica Jones after being a prisoner of the purple man while Emma and Charles often choose to use their powers, make an interpretation and then explain it to their patient which doesnīt really help in the end because the patient needs to come to their own conclusions and their own pace towards healing imo this is why I think despite them learning of human psycology in canon they have not really become experts at it.

I think this even affects their interactions with other mutants, for example, despite knowing both Charles and Emma personally and being aware they could help with his mental issues he had very bad experiences with them using his memories and his emotions agaist him so instead of going to them Magneto choose Xorn II to help him when he isnīt a telepath or a psycologist but knows how to hear and isnīt afraid to ask questions so imo I could see him deciding Krakoa as a whole may be in need of this kind of help with someone dedicated to it, after all he used to work in a mental clinic and must know when itīs neccesary to have one, especially when we are talking about mental health for a group of super poweful people with mental sickness in mutants being the one thing their medicine canīt cure.

Another character I could see getting behind this is Scott himself after seeing the problems Alex is having with trying to overcome his inversion and his story with Wasp and their daughter and he also has reasons to distrust Charles when it comes to mental health after his bad experience with Vulcanīt group and him erasing those memories from his mind.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-07-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022