Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Hellions arent really doing anything bad either. They dealt with Maddie and her demon clones, XOS shenanigans and now Arcade in Murderworld. X-Force has been worse than them
    That’s a fair point, I probably should’ve said Sinister specifically is being shady.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is vague. The dialogue says they are concerned about any AI that might self replicate. A quote makes it sound like all AI needs to be stamped out. And a data page gives some rules that could be taken very literally to mean the AI has to be designed to target mutants (but it sort of implies all AI will target mutants anyway).

In practice, the AI had not evolved yet to be threat and had actually been freed from the corruption that was directing it to see mutants as an enemy. At the time they uploaded the virus, the AI was not anti mutant.

While I do see this as more shady than someone else might, I do not think Vision or any other singular AI is something on Krakoa's radar as of yet unless they took a step forward and started reproducing (so, maybe Vision?)
    On the one hand, any new species, even AI, developing on Earth represents competition and a potential rival/threat to mutantkind, in it's planned ascension to the dominant species on the planet.

On the other hand, there's already a ton of other competition out there. Normal humans. Inhumans. Eternals. Deviants. Moloids. Serpentfolk. Atlanteans. Mystical hybrids / beings like Hellstrom, Pixie, the various Asgardian and Olympians and their descendants, etc.

Seems like a blanket decision to gank all the AI to eliminate a potential competitor / threat leads to eventually ganking all the rest of the potential competitor / threats...

While I doubt that 95% of the people on Krakoa would agree to that sort of logical leap, there's always fools like Cortez (and millions of Arakkoans...) who would be all aboard the 'Mutant-Only Earth' train, with step one being 'Get rid of everyone else...'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-14-2021 at 06:23 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I guess you could make the argument that Inhumans and the like are closer to Mutates than a competing species?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I guess you could make the argument that Inhumans and the like are closer to Mutates than a competing species?
    No, Inhuans are a different species. Mutants aren't. Mutant are more on the mutates than on different species.

Extraordinary Member

It is just Hickman focused on one conflict. Like a lot of stuff in the shared universe of Marvel, particularly with X-Men, you can find a lot of examples around that put holes in some story. But for Hickman it is quite clear in Powers of X that AI is the enemy and that is what his narrative will limit itself to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When you removed the event books and other No.1s, Venom and Spider-Man are Marvel's best-sellers (in that order most of the time). Next would be Immortal Hulk and Thor. X-Men or Wolverine sometimes make it into the top when there's less competition.
    Venom is only up there recently and after the dumpster fire that was King in Black 5 I don't think venom will be up there anytime soon.Hulk is also coming to an end.Thor is doing good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No, Inhuans are a different species. Mutants aren't. Mutant are more on the mutates than on different species.
    Didn't Inhumans originate from humans experimented on by the Kree? That's pretty muatate-y

As for Vision, well, he has close ties to the Satan figure of mutant culture, so I can't imagine they'd be overly fond of him

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Venom is only up there recently and after the dumpster fire that was King in Black 5 I don't think venom will be up there anytime soon.Hulk is also coming to an end.Thor is doing good so far.
    King in Black is such a terrible name.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Venom hs been on best selling books for a long time

Didn't Inhumans originate from humans experimented on by the Kree? That's pretty muatate-y

As for Vision, well, he has close ties to the Satan figure of mutant culture, so I can't imagine they'd be overly fond of him
    Inhumans are a weird case because they final inhuman form is activated by terrigen mist proccess. Even with the experiments, The Inhumans from the citadel have been isolated from humans by thousands of years, isolation is one of the conditions to become a new species.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-14-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Venom hs been on best selling books for a long time

Inhumans are a weird case because they final inhuman form is activated by terrigen mist proccess. Even with the experiments, The Inhumans from the citadel have been isolated from humans by thousands of years, isolation is one of the conditions to become a new species.
    Well they aren't that different from Mutants/Mutates/Flats and etc every one of them can breed with one another to produce viable offspring
    GrindrStone(D)

congrats to Lorna on the win. After seeing the losing line up im 99% sure Leah is going to write them as a team in The Losers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hope springs eternal, so maybe this upcoming shakeup will pay off. I'll probably still only pick up Planet-Size from this HG thing.

What's Hickman most likely moving on to? Uncanny or Moira?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Well that really depends on the writer. Hell I'd argue Krakoa has actively moved away from the idea that the mutants are the same species as humans as a general concept.

Well that really depends on the writer. Hell I'd argue Krakoa has actively moved away from the idea that the mutants are the same species as humans as a general concept.
    Because???
    GrindrStone(D)

It doesn't make it any true

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hope springs eternal, so maybe this upcoming shakeup will pay off. I'll probably still only pick up Planet-Size from this HG thing.

What's Hickman most likely moving on to? Uncanny or Moira?
    Looks like Uncanny