Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I definitely understand the argument for a more bombastic flagship title for people who just want to keep up with the line through that.

Still you hit the nail on the head when it comes the importance of the rest of the line. I remember when I first started actively collecting comics during the Bendis era I felt like every comic in the line (and they were publishing a similar number of books) that wasn’t written by Bendis was pretty much irrelevant.
    Honestly after typing what I typed I realized that maybe you could do a "Flagship book" and "Flagship anthology book (??)" at the same time maybe anthology style book still pushing big concepts for the line which would hopefully strength the small name books. But this something were I can see either method working going top heavy with a Flag ships(Uncanny and X-men) or trying to be balanced.

I just favor the system were the best book in the line gets the focus . When Hickman wrote his issues of New Mutants it was near the top, When X-force was good it got fair attention, Most people are going right now Hellions is the best book in the line. Without a dominant flag ship books to clear rule over things. It became may the best book other than X-men win and in this case that mean smaller characters get their spot light.

I like that best written book in line became the most focused book in the line by the fans. But I am prepare for the possible world where 2 or 3 best books get all of the talent and attention the smaller gems get the bad artists. But maybe I am over romanticizing what is happening right now and things would be that different when we look close at the numbers and talent distribution.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-05-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In this Krakoa-Era..."Flag Ship" does not exactly mean what it used to for previous runs. That will change with the return of X-Men as an official team book but still, there are some who will be disappointed and other books will continue to be personal faves, regardless. Contrary to personal opinions...the Flag-Ship title does not have to be "essential reading" (that's entirely up to the reader's taste and preference) especially as each book in the franchise is currently following their own trajectory as essential parts of the greater whole.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Seeing how Disney just slapped "Legend" on agent's of shield i definitely wouldn't be suprised to see Hickman X-men hit the big screen. I was reading through my trades and so much detail, like the summers house, the grimore pages. It is literally a blueprint for a movie complete with concept work.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Maybe ponder a bit...
    These are fantastic questions! I wonder how many of them actually have answers and how many of them are just the results of sloppy writing. There’s a lot to ponder.

Given that this is comicbook fiction, not real life, I’m starting to wonder if I should just stop worrying about the prejudice and genocide metaphors, stop rooting for the X-Men, and instead start rooting for Orchis and Nimrod, in particular Nimrod the Lesser.

I hope it’s Nimrod the Lesser coming back in #20. That guy is just hysterical. I don’t know that Hickman has ever written a character more purely fun than Nimrod. There’s nothing grim about him. He’s very Looney Tuneish. I’d like to see what fun Nimrod the Lesser on Krakoa would get up to, maybe with a pack of Wild Sentinels 2.0. We’d learn pretty quick how efficient those “resurrection” protocols are, LoL!

BTW, I’m kinda with those who were skeeved out by the Scott-Jean-Logan throuple thing, until I learned to just relax about it. If you think about it, it makes a kind of sense that Logan and Scott are the actual couple, the two who are into each other, with Jean as the side piece. It doesn’t matter that Jean’s bedroom is in the middle. All the quiet moments shown have pretty much been between Scott and Logan. Psychologically, it would make sense that Scott’s and Logan’s rivalries weren’t rivalries at all, but were in fact unresolved sexual tension between them. Jeannie’s just hanging on a bit more is all, because she’s got nowhere to go and still likes playing with them. Also, does the domineering Wolverine turn into a submissive in the bedroom? Or is he a sadist? I’m hoping we never actually learn the answers to these things, but at a level of character development and motivations, it’s interesting enough to contemplate, if you can drop the judgment a bit.

I’m still sticking with Hickman. I just wish it wasn’t so delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Seeing how Disney just slapped "Legend" on agent's of shield i definitely wouldn't be suprised to see Hickman X-men hit the big screen. I was reading through my trades and so much detail, like the summers house, the grimore pages. It is literally a blueprint for a movie complete with concept work.
    That is a loose adaptation of secret warriors.

Krakoa wont be om MCU so soon, people can forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    These are fantastic questions! I wonder how many of them actually have answers and how many of them are just the results of sloppy writing. There’s a lot to ponder.

Given that this is comicbook fiction, not real life, I’m starting to wonder if I should just stop worrying about the prejudice and genocide metaphors, stop rooting for the X-Men, and instead start rooting for Orchis and Nimrod, in particular Nimrod the Lesser.

I hope it’s Nimrod the Lesser coming back in #20. That guy is just hysterical. I don’t know that Hickman has ever written a character more purely fun than Nimrod. There’s nothing grim about him. He’s very Looney Tuneish. I’d like to see what fun Nimrod the Lesser on Krakoa would get up to, maybe with a pack of Wild Sentinels 2.0. We’d learn pretty quick how efficient those “resurrection” protocols are, LoL!

BTW, I’m kinda with those who were skeeved out by the Scott-Jean-Logan throuple thing, until I learned to just relax about it. If you think about it, it makes a kind of sense that Logan and Scott are the actual couple, the two who are into each other, with Jean as the side piece. It doesn’t matter that Jean’s bedroom is in the middle. All the quiet moments shown have pretty much been between Scott and Logan. Psychologically, it would make sense that Scott’s and Logan’s rivalries weren’t rivalries at all, but were in fact unresolved sexual tension between them. Jeannie’s just hanging on a bit more is all, because she’s got nowhere to go and still likes playing with them. Also, does the domineering Wolverine turn into a submissive in the bedroom? Or is he a sadist? I’m hoping we never actually learn the answers to these things, but at a level of character development and motivations, it’s interesting enough to contemplate, if you can drop the judgment a bit.

I’m still sticking with Hickman. I just wish it wasn’t so delayed.
    of course that shippers make anything into a ship, but when people say "x thing makes sense" usually makes very little sense.
    Specially that people can be very different (Logan and Scott are opposites) and not have anything to sexual tension.
    At least Logan-Scott is very clear are just team mates, now seems like less people are hyping about it LOL

I think it has more to do with fans being obsessed about sexuality and sex than about what is presented on the comics. Really easy to see posts about fans wanting straight chaarcters on comics being gay, like very obsessed about it

Well I was thinking about it, what if the x-men are the baddies that need to be stopped by other bad guys (on this case orchis)
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-05-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    ...of course that shippers make anything into a ship, but when people say "x thing makes sense" usually makes very little sense.
    Specially that people can be very different (Logan and Scott are opposites) and not have anything to sexual tension.
    At least Logan-Scott is very clear are just team mates, now seems like less people are hyping about it LOL

I think it has more to do with fans being obsessed about sexuality and sex than about what is presented on the comics. Really easy to see posts about fans wanting straight chaarcters on comics being gay, like very obsessed about it

Well I was thinking about it, what if the x-men are the baddies that need to be stopped by other bad guys (on this case orchis)
    But, Logan and Scott have not been shown to be “just team mates” anymore.

It has been heavily implied in X-Men that they are bedmates, and it has definitely been discussed between them in a flirtatious manner that Logan and Scott are sexually attracted to each other.

I guess that makes them canonically bisexual, and definitely “queer,” in the LGBTQ+ community’s preferred sense and use of the term.

That’s why I was observing, it’s not that Scott is somehow “emasculated” or that Wolverine is the man on the side. Based on the interactions shown on the pages of the X-Men, it is Jean who is on the side.

I am not making this up. This is what Hickman has written and showed us.

This next observation is my supposition; it makes sense there was no rivalry, but instead sexual tension masked as rivalry.

But, Logan and Scott have not been shown to be “just team mates” anymore.

It has been heavily implied in X-Men that they are bedmates, and it has definitely been discussed between them in a flirtatious manner that Logan and Scott are sexually attracted to each other.

I guess that makes them canonically bisexual, and definitely “queer,” in the LGBTQ+ community’s preferred sense and use of the term.

That’s why I was observing, it’s not that Scott is somehow “emasculated” or that Wolverine is the man on the side. Based on the interactions shown on the pages of the X-Men, it is Jean who is on the side.

I am not making this up. This is what Hickman has written and showed us.

This next observation is my supposition; it makes sense there was no rivalry, but instead sexual tension masked as rivalry.
    There is nothing on comics that show that they are bedmates. If you want to believe? ok it is up to you, people have headcanons.

We saw Scott asking Jean to sleep, but he doesn't ask Logan that is with her on the kitchen.

I think that I have obsessive-compulsive disorder and I have to go straight by what is on page. So people taking huge leaps from what is on page, triggers me.
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-05-2021 at 03:03 PM.

There is nothing on comics that show that they are bedmates. If you want to believe? ok it is up to you, people have headcanons.

We saw Scott asking Jean to sleep, but he doesn't ask Logan that is with her on the kitchen.

I think that I have obsessive-compulsive disorder and I have to go straight by what is on page. So people taking huge leaps from what is on page, triggers me.
    Did you see the diagram of their living quarters without doors? Did you read Logan and Scott flirting about the temptations Scott is offering Logan on vacation, wearing a Speedo? Have you heard or read interviews where Hickman has confirmed, yes, Jean, Scott and Logan are a throuple? This has been in the comics and discussed by the “Head of X” outside of comics. Whether you are comfortable with it or not, the three of them are living in a “queer” lifestyle arrangement, in the LGBTQ+ sense and preferred use of the label, as opposed to a heteronormative relationship between Scott and Jean.

I admit, my speculation on attraction and sexual tension vs. rivalry is all my interpretation of past events in the X-Men. But the state of the three’s polyamorous relationship has been shown to us. I’m just speculating it’s more of a Jean-on-the-side deal, that it’s more gay than polyandry. I could be wrong about that. But that’s what my interpretation of what Hickman has shown us is.

That they are a threesome is Marvel canon.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-05-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Did you see the diagram of their living quarters without doors? Did you read Logan and Scott flirting about the temptations Scott is offering on vacation, wearing a Speedo? Have you heard or read interviews where Hickman has confirmed, yes, Jean, Scott and Logan are a throuple? This has been in the comics and discussed by the “Head of X” outside of comics. Whether you are comfortable with it or not, the three of them are living in a “queer” lifestyle arrangement, in the LGBTQ+ sense and preferred use of the label, as opposed to a heteronormative relationship between Scott and Jean.

I admit, my speculation on attraction and sexual tension vs. rivalry is all my interpretation of past events in the X-Men. But the state of the three’s polyamorous relationship has been shown to us. I’m just speculating it’s more of a Jean-on-the-side deal, that it’s more gay than polyandry. I could be wrong about that. But that’s what my interpretation of what Hickman has shown us is.

That they are a threesome is Marvel canon.
    I read it all. Hickman never confirmed they were a throuple in any interview, Scott/Logan were just joking, the rooms have only access to Jean room on the plant as the comic showed other complete different things, she and Scott have the same room

I won't discuss this anymore. If you think it is canon, alright for you. but for me reading te books I can't sy that. Whre is the kiss scene or the sex scene? it doesn't eist because it isn't canon. meanwhile we saw Christian kiss Iceman, Rictor kiss.
    That is why it hard to duscuss books when people treat canon as maleable as their headcanons, and then sometimes even bully people to accept it.

I read it all. Hickman never confirmed they were a throuple in any interview, Scott/Logan were just joking, the rooms have only access to Jean room on the plant as the comic showed other complete different things, she and Scott have the same room

I won't discuss this anymore. If you think it is canon, alright for you. but for me reading te books I can't sy that. Whre is the kiss scene or the sex scene? it doesn't eist because it isn't canon. meanwhile we saw Christian kiss Iceman, Rictor kiss.
    That is why it hard to duscuss books when people treat canon as maleable as their headcanons, and then sometimes even bully people to accept it.
    I’m not bullying you. I’m describing to you what’s in the comics and discussed by the Head of X in interviews.

Okay, here’s the Summer House layout from X-Men #1. Note that there are doors to the main area, but Jean’s, Scott’s and Logan’s rooms have no doors between them:

The three of them are literally living together. Believe your eyes.

I’ll skip images of Scott and Logan discussing the Speedo, because you seem to have seen that, as well as the three of them hanging on each other in X-Men #1, because I assume you’ve seen that too. And you obviously know Jean and Scott are together.

Well, here’s Jean and Wolverine together.

Here is from X-Force #10:

Here is from X-Force #18:

I assume from their living arrangements (see the map of the Summers House) that Jean and Wolverine are not a secret, that Jean is not cheating.

Admittedly, my interpretation is that this means Scott and Logan are gay, and Jean is kind of on the side. It could be it’s more of a polyandry situation. Either way, it is definitely a threesome situation and it definitely falls under the preferred “queer” label that the LGBTQ+ community prefers. This is Marvel canon. It is in the comicbooks. I’m not making it up.

Also, here’s the link to the Hickman interview:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000366717368

You can choose to ignore what the comicbook stories are telling us, but this is what they are doing in the comics and what the Head of X is discussing in public.

I understand you have issues with this. Personally, I’ve got a lot of issues with Hickman’s X books, but this doesn’t trouble me after I relaxed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Maybe ponder a bit about why the timelines at the start of Power of X are named as X0, X1, X2 and X3, when they turn out to be Life 10, Life 9 and Life 6 of Moira X in this order.
    Red Hering or intentional forshadowing towards some being percieving these in completely different order than how Moira X lived them?

Or why X2 and X3 are shown from the perspective of characters, who's actions Moira X could have never witnissed or learn off and why this might be important for things to come?

What was the meaning and origin of the last words of the yellow skinned Chimera?

How can Cylobel show up in the exact same situation in Life 6/X3, as she was put in in Life 9/X2, despite Moira heavily altering the timeline. Was what we saw with Nimrod the lesser perhaps not in Life 9 but in Life 6?

Why is the Cerebro the Librarian is using, the same design as the present day one? Did Xavier try to create the Resurection Protocol before?

If Moira and Apocalypse got his Horseman back in Life 9, did they also get the Arraki back? If yes, how could they be defeated when Saturnyne's vision to Wolverine showed them single handedly wiping out all opposition on Earth with little effort including overcomming the Moira reset button?

Is Moira X really rebooting the universe when she dies or is it just a false perception born from not understanding her abilities? What proof is there for her rebooting the universe, rather than perhaps just having a pre-birth series of precognitions?

How does Destiny know Moira can only relive her life 10 times and why was she willing to actualy reboot the universe? Why didn't she give Moira X her own anti-mutant serum before having Pyro kill her?

Just some examples for stuff still worth thinking about from the original dual mini series alone.

On the other hand, now i'm dissapointed again at how slowly the whole actual main plot (and for some the only interesting part in this status quo it seems) is progressing since Hox/Pox, if at all. We got so little actual developed since then.

Oh and side note. Mars allready has flora when a Krakoa flower is planted there 2 months before the start of the series. Totaly forgot that detail when everyone talked about them potentialy terraforming Mars soon.
    All excellent suggestions, thank you. I blazed through those issues so fast, I'm sure I missed things even on the second read through.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    "The flagship" book is being used to set up other books and general story points to make the era work more fluidly but they told every one going in what the book was going to be one shot stories. The X-men book was the connective tissue for the whole line while not being so big as to draw importance away from the other books. If I had to give an example the X-men book was like following the main storyline in Game of Thrones and the other books where the other stories that tied into it.

I get what people are looking for when they say "Flagship" book but it was a smart idea to do what they did because it let every book be important. You will see what happens when X-men have a flagship team and book ,it is only going to be one or two book that matters and the rest books will feel lesser. Even the move not have an official X-men team was a good one you will see stuff like "why should a care about Hellions or X-factor they are JV league teams and not real X-men" not having "real X-men" made every character in the franchise get look at like "real X-men".

X-men being an basically anthology book that could shine focus on any character or team might be the best idea for the franchise but people love tradition.
    Honest question, did they really sell the X-Men book as an anthology? I don't remember that, but maybe that's true.

I don't think the scenarios you've described here are the only options - people will pick up the books they want, and having an excellent flagship book won't prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I definitely understand the argument for a more bombastic flagship title for people who just want to keep up with the line through that.

Still you hit the nail on the head when it comes the importance of the rest of the line. I remember when I first started actively collecting comics during the Bendis era I felt like every comic in the line (and they were publishing a similar number of books) that wasn’t written by Bendis was pretty much irrelevant.
    But still, how would a proper flagship prevent the rest of the line from feeling important? Isn't that as much on the readers as Marvel themselves?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly after typing what I typed I realized that maybe you could do a "Flagship book" and "Flagship anthology book (??)" at the same time maybe anthology style book still pushing big concepts for the line which would hopefully strength the small name books. But this something were I can see either method working going top heavy with a Flag ships(Uncanny and X-men) or trying to be balanced.

I just favor the system were the best book in the line gets the focus . When Hickman wrote his issues of New Mutants it was near the top, When X-force was good it got fair attention, Most people are going right now Hellions is the best book in the line. Without a dominant flag ship books to clear rule over things. It became may the best book other than X-men win and in this case that mean smaller characters get their spot light.

I like that best written book in line became the most focused book in the line by the fans. But I am prepare for the possible world where 2 or 3 best books get all of the talent and attention the smaller gems get the bad artists. But maybe I am over romanticizing what is happening right now and things would be that different when we look close at the numbers and talent distribution.
    Why have an anthology style book like that at all though? Why couldn't the threads developed in other books be introduced in those books?

Best book gets the focus? There are expectations of quality for a reason, and dark horse candidates are always a joy to see, but each book should only be concerned with it's narrative and not on hype or getting focus or something.

If that latter scenario happens, maybe Marvel will rethink trying to take advantage of this era by having so many books.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In this Krakoa-Era..."Flag Ship" does not exactly mean what it used to for previous runs. That will change with the return of X-Men as an official team book but still, there are some who will be disappointed and other books will continue to be personal faves, regardless. Contrary to personal opinions...the Flag-Ship title does not have to be "essential reading" (that's entirely up to the reader's taste and preference) especially as each book in the franchise is currently following their own trajectory as essential parts of the greater whole.
    The flagship absolutely should be the one book considered "essential reading", especially when you consider it's being written by the guy behind this entire era. Is every book essential?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I’m not bullying you. I’m describing to you what’s in the comics and discussed by the Head of X in interviews.

Okay, here’s the Summer House layout from X-Men #1. Note that there are doors to the main area, but Jean’s, Scott’s and Logan’s rooms have no doors between them:

The three of them are literally living together. Believe your eyes.

I’ll skip images of Scott and Logan discussing the Speedo, because you seem to have seen that, as well as the three of them hanging on each other in X-Men #1, because I assume you’ve seen that too. And you obviously know Jean and Scott are together.

Well, here’s Jean and Wolverine together.

Here is from X-Force #10:

Here is from X-Force #18:

I assume from their living arrangements (see the map of the Summers House) that Jean and Wolverine are not a secret, that Jean is not cheating.

Admittedly, my interpretation is that this means Scott and Logan are gay, and Jean is kind of on the side. It could be it’s more of a polyandry situation. Either way, it is definitely a threesome situation and it definitely falls under the preferred “queer” label that the LGBTQ+ community prefers. This is Marvel canon. It is in the comicbooks. I’m not making it up.

Also, here’s the link to the Hickman interview:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000366717368

You can choose to ignore what the comicbook stories are telling us, but this is what they are doing in the comics and what the Head of X is discussing in public.

I understand you have issues with this. Personally, I’ve got a lot of issues with Hickman’s X books, but this doesn’t trouble me after I relaxed about it.
    I can see that it exists, but this is still not a good development.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.