Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1240
  1. #511
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They're literally moving to Mars. They get along during events because those writers remember the morals the X-Men had before 2019
    Oh care to share this preview. colonizing other places when there are millions of you doesn't mean moving everyone and everything. and gates.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  2. #512
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So somehow this prevents that. They aren't living on the same world together? They didn't just all work together to fight knull. Or are we talking about the mutants we never see because they have no story or book. I'm confused, are we suppose to read Thor, Cap, etc to see them or inhumans because even when they were facing their worst due to those stories i didn't see them in those books. Humans being forced to work with mutants is a good start to coexistence imo.

    Some people don't want to integrate and shouldn't have to to exist.
    Integration doesn't mean taking a plurality of your people and moving them to a separate country. And it's fine if some don't, but Krakoa can't possibly have the majority of the worlds mutants.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  3. #513
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Integration doesn't mean taking a majority of your people and moving them to a separate country. And it's fine if some don't, but Krakoa can't possibly have the majority of the worlds mutants.
    All of the heros in these books can't possibly be abandoning their own countries, planets, worlds, dimensions to come fight for America. But there they are.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  4. #514
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think part of it is just supporting what seems to the 'party line' for lack of a better word. We see it all the time. Like the Avengers? They were right. X-Men? Yep. Unless you like Wolverine, then Cyclops is a terrorist, unless you like Cyclops, in which case Wolverine is a sell out. Don't get started on the Inhumans, the mutants will need to be making reparations to them for generations. Now we have Krakoa, so that must be where our ideals follow.
    Party lines are one thing, but I think there are objective cases here, no matter how some fanatics might deny it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  5. #515
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All of the heros in these books can't possibly be abandoning their own countries, planets, worlds, dimensions to come fight for America. But there they are.
    That's two things: (1) these are American comic books and (2) fighting for or in another country as a superhero doesn't make you a citizen of that country or require you to turn your back on yours.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  6. #516
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Except if you only read one side of the marvel universe. If i'm an x-fan first but i've read the marvel books, you can't tell me there has been any incentive for someone who is x-line only to go read those books. You can't. So isn't it better to reintroduce mutants from a position of safety to then reach out to the world rather than having them stuck in a situation where if you read both sides your main super hero team looks like crap.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  7. #517
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's two things: (1) these are American comic books and (2) fighting for or in another country as a superhero doesn't make you a citizen of that country or require you to turn your back on yours.
    And these are mutant books. It has been said over and over by the team working on them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #518
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,957

    Default

    When he's writing something he's really into its great. But when he's meh about something its average to mediocre.

    I am kind of bummed he's letting the huge writing team do a lot.

    I was expecting him to carry this like he did the Avengers BUT I guess that burned him out.

    I'm hoping we get to see him write another team book.

  9. #519
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Party lines are one thing, but I think there are objective cases here, no matter how some fanatics might deny it.
    Not that the real world makes sense most of the time, but the MU contradicts itself at every turn and was never designed as a cohesive model of reality, especially not real life issues. I am not saying any given argument is correct or well supported, just the mentality that leads to the arguments. Arguing over the proper stance of mutants in the MU is not different than arguing who is stronger or which costume is the best.

  10. #520
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    402

    Default

    In Marauders mutants and some humans are getting along fairly well. They're looking out for the underdogs there. I've quite enjoyed the last few issues.

  11. #521
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not that the real world makes sense most of the time, but the MU contradicts itself at every turn and was never designed as a cohesive model of reality, especially not real life issues. I am not saying any given argument is correct or well supported, just the mentality that leads to the arguments. Arguing over the proper stance of mutants in the MU is not different than arguing who is stronger or which costume is the best.
    I see what you mean about the mentality and though I disagree about discussing the proper stance of mutants in the MU compared to arguing over strength or costumes, I'll leave this one alone lest I engage in the very same thing with you.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  12. #522
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And these are mutant books. It has been said over and over by the team working on them.
    No, I meant American as in made in? I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  13. #523
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Except if you only read one side of the marvel universe. If i'm an x-fan first but i've read the marvel books, you can't tell me there has been any incentive for someone who is x-line only to go read those books. You can't. So isn't it better to reintroduce mutants from a position of safety to then reach out to the world rather than having them stuck in a situation where if you read both sides your main super hero team looks like crap.
    Failure to produce cohesion is on editorial, and readers shouldn't just accept a poor job done by them.

    Although, to your point the main MU looks to be in pretty bad shape by my estimation.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  14. #524
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    No, I meant American as in made in? I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand.
    I was saying it makes just as much sense that American books will have people from all over in america as mutant books being about mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  15. #525
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Failure to produce cohesion is on editorial, and readers shouldn't just accept a poor job done by them.

    Although, to your point the main MU looks to be in pretty bad shape by my estimation.
    I agree with this. Between me and my friends i have followed pretty much every main story in every book sans the solors and like thunderbolts and stuff for maybe the last 15 years and there is just no incentive. Reading the x-books where they do at least show the avengers show up to be heros and help them and then going over and reading the other books it was like "is this really the same world?" So for me i prefer the x-world where things are more diverse and i want to see my mutants do more than just survive. And the worst part has always been the line up of like registration vs. bus murder etc. posinious gas while in inhumans they living it up, first issue black bolt in a casino. I didn't create those images.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •