Page 29 of 95 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    lol idk about that. While this era is pretty overrated after the initial HoxPox story, the last numbers we had access to seemed to show the X-books doing better than anything else on the whole.
    What I saw was A lot of Marvel Universe books doing better than X-men. Marvel priority is promoting Venom/spider-man/avengers because they are getting better sales

Except Spider-Man, which is apparently doing gangbusters. Last I saw the only X book that sold top 10 was the last main X issue, and it got beat by both Spider-Man titles. But take that with a grain of salt, because we aren't getting good numbers for anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Except Spider-Man, which is apparently doing gangbusters. Last I saw the only X book that sold top 10 was the last main X issue, and it got beat by both Spider-Man titles. But take that with a grain of salt, because we aren't getting good numbers for anything.
    Aggregately though, top 10 is one thing, but what about top 100? Top 50?

As much as a loathe Jason Aaron's Avengers run, its been pretty harmless. It mucks with continuity and there not a lot of depth, but but there hasn't been anybody committing genocide casually. In the solo titles Iron Man is being forced to reckon with his own privilege, and Captain America is taking down a fascist cabal while dissecting why people fall into white supremacy. Its pretty great imo.
    Eh, Aaron trying to marry the Phoenix to the Avengers just proves it should've been put down a long time ago, never mind the ridiculous Avengers BC/Phoenix and Thor nonsense. As for Iron Man and Captain America, good concepts are nothing without good execution. I've said in this thread that I don't even think the X-Books are outright bad - but the Avengers books are IMO.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Aggregately though, top 10 is one thing, but what about top 100? Top 50?
    It is harder to get specific rankings, if you are looking for the last data it is inflated by XoS. After that they went back to pre-XoS.

As much as a loathe Jason Aaron's Avengers run, its been pretty harmless. It mucks with continuity and there not a lot of depth, but but there hasn't been anybody committing genocide casually. In the solo titles Iron Man is being forced to reckon with his own privilege, and Captain America is taking down a fascist cabal while dissecting why people fall into white supremacy. Its pretty great imo.
    Avengers is very dumb but also kinda of fun. It's good that you get the conclusion fast instead of dragging, in 5 issue they solved Phoenix. Not sure if harmless, Phoenix has been taking hits for a decade
    Iron Man and captain America are working fine, Thor is interesting too. They don't need to do like X-books

Extraordinary Member

Is spiderman doing that well.I am happy with the run and I know its consistently in the top 5 or 10 but didn't know it was doing that well.Also haven't seen an X-book in top 10 for a while

Its not ruining the Avengers characters but its ruining the X-men mythos which is beyond terrible and should have been shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you here, that's why I'm skeptical. What I want for the X-Men team is that they start asking of Krakoa and Professor X:

Logan’s been asking that since HoX. It’s been brought up in Percy’s X-Force again by Logan. Cyclops and Jean defied the QC in XoS. It’s there, but it’s not a focus every issue. Also Krakoa in general isn’t doing anything “bad” outside of the Hellions team.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Top 10/20 can be very misleading because basically every single month Marvel and DC have a number of launches, relaunches and event books filled with variant covers that eschew the numbers significantly. Just because X-Men doesn't appear in the top 10 regularly it doesn't mean it's doing poorly. For the satellite books on the other hand it's more about applying common sense: if you see that say X-Factor has been hanging around the 70th spot for a while and books above it are being cancelled, you know that the same is possibly happening to it. There are other factors to consider, for example how expensive the creative team is and how the trade sales are doing, but there aren't many cases where the floppies sell poorly and the trades sell great and it's definitely not satellite X-books.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is spiderman doing that well.I am happy with the run and I know its consistently in the top 5 or 10 but didn't know it was doing that well.Also haven't seen an X-book in top 10 for a while
    When you removed the event books and other No.1s, Venom and Spider-Man are Marvel's best-sellers (in that order most of the time). Next would be Immortal Hulk and Thor. X-Men or Wolverine sometimes make it into the top when there's less competition.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not ruining the Avengers characters but its ruining the X-men mythos which is beyond terrible and should have been shut down
    Didnt the initial heroes reborn come out of the x-line too via onslaught. It does seem in this era it's a lot harder for the other office to just pull in whatever mutants they want and do whatever they want for insta-sales which is also another thing i love this era. An event is one thing but the X-men shouldn't be brought in just to boost the sales of avenger books when your not a fan of both your getting nothing in return on the x-side and if you are reading both you can't deny the discrepancies when it comes to the stories and which team is actually always helping. So far aside from King in black all the Avenger side x-content has been in minis and stand alone books and the only use of most popular mutants has been severely limited unless they create an AU which this Heroes Reborn i think will be the second one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Logan’s been asking that since HoX. It’s been brought up in Percy’s X-Force again by Logan. Cyclops and Jean defied the QC in XoS. It’s there, but it’s not a focus every issue. Also Krakoa in general isn’t doing anything “bad” outside of the Hellions team.
    Indo think this new X-Men team will be where they start sniffing out the Moira of it all that Xavier's been keeping secret.

The Hellions arent really doing anything bad either. They dealt with Maddie and her demon clones, XOS shenanigans and now Arcade in Murderworld. X-Force has been worse than them

Wasn't what Scott and Jean did just a general disagreement with procedure or something? I don't know, this question should be a bigger concern in my opinion.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Wasn't what Scott and Jean did just a general disagreement with procedure or something? I don't know, this question should be a bigger concern in my opinion.
    She objected vehemently to what Beast is doing in X-Force and she knows the team is sanctioned and given freedoms by Xavier. I think a big part of why she wants to reform the X-men outside of the QC's control is in opposition to that