Page 57 of 95 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    They're almost 3 years in publishing wise. They should really be further along than that. Especially when SWORD managed to do it in 1 issue.
    It hasn't even been 2 years yet - House Of X started in July 2019. This last year or so has certainly made it easy to lose track of time though!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    It hasn't even been 2 years yet - House Of X started in July 2019. This last year or so has certainly made it easy to lose track of time though!
    yea the pandemic didn't help the x line at all and made it feel longer than it actually has been, however both his fantastic four and avengers/secret wars runs were around 3 years each, and this run is definitely going to be longer so to some people it feels like its barely moving at all yet

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It’s not Krakoa the entity, it’s more of a place mutants know they’re safe. 2 humans already live on Krakoa and many others have been there. I think sometimes the stuff Magneto and Apocalypse say is taken to be how all Krakoan’s feel. At the end of the day the country is giving away, for free*, life saving drugs.

*to receive these drugs you have to recognize Krakoa as a sovereign nation. You can still be an ******* to them, but all you have to do is say sure, you’ve got a country now.
    It's also Krakoa the entity.
    They are mutant and sentient and their position is highly regarded, by the QC...after all, they are the very land upon which other mutants live and breathe and exist. So yes...Krakoa does have some say. Though I think most of the time they defer to the QC if the decisions made don't directly and adversely affect their continued existence.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Er No but there is a law to not to kill them... I wonder if the 616 has laws making it a hate crime to do harm to Mutants??
    Okay, I guess I thought Krakoa allowing only mutants was because of a law, but it looks like the island itself has an aversion. As for the latter point, there should have been laws like that, it's not like I'm arguing against that. It's false equivalency anyway.

Yeah that'd be nice and I try to see things from a posters differing opinion/interpretation. Unless They're trying push their own biased headcanon As fact I'm chill lol
    Even the idea that someone might be trying to push their headcanon is a tricky one, because maybe they just straight-up misunderstood something, as I just did with Krakoa and humans.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s not like the X-men didn’t do that all the time: trespassing…
    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Yes, they do, and they are also not welcome there. When Marauders trespassed Brazil and later Russia, or when New Mutants trespassed Karnelia - they weren't welcome there, they were surrounded and attacked by soldiers. The X-Men do the same - protect their nation from unwelcome intruders.
    Honest question, because I haven't picked up anything other than X-Men and ten issues of New Mutants, but how did the Krakoans react to that? Did they leave peacefully? Why were they trespassing in the first place?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It’s not Krakoa the entity, it’s more of a place mutants know they’re safe. 2 humans already live on Krakoa and many others have been there. I think sometimes the stuff Magneto and Apocalypse say is taken to be how all Krakoan’s feel. At the end of the day the country is giving away, for free*, life saving drugs.

*to receive these drugs you have to recognize Krakoa as a sovereign nation. You can still be an ******* to them, but all you have to do is say sure, you’ve got a country now.
    That's not free, that's a transaction or a trade.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I didn’t say it was. The X-men has no room for talking about trespassing: they had this habit to feel above laws… and it is the case for any Marvel’s hero…

It usually doesn’t bother anybody.
    I think before, when they were essentially a rogue paramilitary group tasked with protecting mutants and humans alike, they could get away with bending or even breaking laws. As a nation, it's not that simple anymore.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ehhh conversations that lead with or are in the vein of:
    'Humans not allowed on KraKoa is racist"
    "Mutants wanting their own space from Humans KILLS Xavier's Dream"
    1: basically every twelve seconds in the books is mutants talking about how they don't like humans.
    2: Um...yes? Xavier himself publicly stated that "the dream was a lie". Krakoa is about Xavier giving up the dream and convincing the rest of the mutants (off panel) to join him.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    yea the pandemic didn't help the x line at all and made it feel longer than it actually has been, however both his fantastic four and avengers/secret wars runs were around 3 years each, and this run is definitely going to be longer so to some people it feels like its barely moving at all yet
    That's because it barely has moved at all.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Honest question, because I haven't picked up anything other than X-Men and ten issues of New Mutants, but how did the Krakoans react to that? Did they leave peacefully? Why were they trespassing in the first place?
    Every time they trespassed it was to save mutants who were being actively targeted by their native countries governments. I think the Marauders have also done a little trespassing on Madripoor to help the local humans.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    1: basically every twelve seconds in the books is mutants talking about how they don't like humans.
    2: Um...yes? Xavier himself publicly stated that "the dream was a lie". Krakoa is about Xavier giving up the dream and convincing the rest of the mutants (off panel) to join him.
    There's definitely some prejudice against humans but I can't say how far spread it is. I could buy it for some characters but not all of them.
    I don't remember, where did Xavier actually say that?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

From the very start of the run with the whole "While you slept the world changed" speech to the entire planet

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Every time they trespassed it was to save mutants who were being actively targeted by their native countries governments. I think the Marauders have also done a little trespassing on Madripoor to help the local humans.
    I agree that if there are mutants being targeted for internment or worse by their native governments Krakoa has to respond, but wouldn't what they've done be an act of war? There's an entire international framework that they have to play by if they want to be a world power, right? There are humanitarian crises all around the world that aren't resolved by outside forces.

Krakoa can claim all mutants as their citizens but the world doesn't work that way.

For that matter, why can't Xavier just reach over the entire world, back up every mutant, and if/when they're killed by their native governments, bring them back on Krakoa?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Majority of heroes trespass countries territories

Ehhh if it walks like a duck, Quacks like a duck
    Oh fucking please. So much of the mutant metaphor (like the ability to accidentally level buildings/spontaneously self destruct/have the powers of a god/ control people with your mind when you turn 13) doesn't apply to real life minorities. Conflating fan criticism with "They must hate actual minorities if they don't like Hickmans run!" is fucking stupid.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 04-25-2021 at 10:30 AM.