Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Hellions arent really doing anything bad either. They dealt with Maddie and her demon clones, XOS shenanigans and now Arcade in Murderworld. X-Force has been worse than them
    It is Sinister that is doing wrong things

Extraordinary Member

The Hellions arent really doing anything bad either. They dealt with Maddie and her demon clones, XOS shenanigans and now Arcade in Murderworld. X-Force has been worse than them
    There was the AI genocide they committed on the order of the QC.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There was the AI genocide they committed on the order of the QC.
    They destroyed a bunch of sentinels. Yeah not that bad

Extraordinary Member

They destroyed a bunch of sentinels. Yeah not that bad
    They were not sentinels. Hellions #8 for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They were not sentinels. Hellions #8 for reference.
    They were sentinels infected with the TO virus. They had just tried to kill the Hellions 5 minutes before they were destroyed. The team was justified in what they did

Extraordinary Member

They were sentinels infected with the TO virus. They had just tried to kill the Hellions 5 minutes before they were destroyed. The team was justified in what they did
    The team did not want to kill the AI as it had become friendly to the mutants. It was Krakoan policy that all AI be destroyed. The story makes a point about this being a questionable deed.

Yeeeeah I'm gonna go with KraKoa on this one....who needs a buncha robots armed to the teeth programmed to kill you and people like running around? Aren't there enough? And cool they caught a virus that made them friendly but if they were so quickly turned to friends they can just as quickly be turned into enemies again
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeeeeah I'm gonna go with KraKoa on this one....who needs a buncha robots armed to the teeth programmed to kill you and people like running around? Aren't there enough? And cool they caught a virus that made them friendly but if they were so quickly turned to friends they can just as quickly be turned into enemies again
    I am not of an opinion on it yet. It was just one more dirty job the Hellions had to do on behalf of Krakoa that was written for the intent of raising questions about Krakoa. So I was just bringing it up since it was omitted when talking about stories that raised questions about Krakoa doing 'bad' things.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    So, the same for non-robotic entities, then…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ok, what I'm getting is that some, just a little of what I want is in a different book(s). And I'm sorry, but that's on Marvel and the X-Books — it's unreasonable that the biggest narrative issue should be dealt with in an ancillary book and not the one being written by the big man himself. And Krakoa is at least morally grey.

I don't know anyone who intended and followed through with picking up every X-Book and also continued through XoS — an event I'm glad I skipped considering that it seems to have been a bit of a bloated mess, not to mention the reprinted artwork fiasco.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    So, the same for non-robotic entities, then…
    And so we come back to the problem of OP telepaths who can "reprogram" allies.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I didn't really consider it before now, but I just realized that the "all AI must be exterminated" puts them on an inevitable collision course with a certain synthezoid. AvX 2?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I didn't really consider it before now, but I just realized that the "all AI must be exterminated" puts them on an inevitable collision course with a certain synthezoid. AvX 2?
    Where are you getting all A.I. must be exterminated? If this is about Hellions again, it was clear that they were concerned about anti-mutant A.I. There is no blanket rhetoric to target all A.I.s

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

must have misread something along the way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    must have misread something along the way.
    It is vague. The dialogue says they are concerned about any AI that might self replicate. A quote makes it sound like all AI needs to be stamped out. And a data page gives some rules that could be taken very literally to mean the AI has to be designed to target mutants (but it sort of implies all AI will target mutants anyway).

In practice, the AI had not evolved yet to be threat and had actually been freed from the corruption that was directing it to see mutants as an enemy. At the time they uploaded the virus, the AI was not anti mutant.

While I do see this as more shady than someone else might, I do not think Vision or any other singular AI is something on Krakoa's radar as of yet unless they took a step forward and started reproducing (so, maybe Vision?)