Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Man! what a perfect post you just wrote.

X-men writers are always afraid of Jean getting power and eclipsing the male characters, it started with Byrne and continues with Hickman
    Jean already has power. What Jean severely lacks is agency and independence and strength of character to interact with the world without the Phoenix, Logan, Scott or the X-Men holding her hand.

If they can do it with Harley Quinn, its possibly for Jean too.
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 04-26-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And mutants are humans so that is an untruth in itself. Though there are laws in the main mu that restrict super powered people. By that logic the main mu is racist and it's heroes support racism every time they want to create a law that impedes on the rights of their powered individuals.

And where are the bans on tech as well. Tchalla, Val, Reed, Doom, Tony Stark, all humans, are far more dangerous than 90% of the mutant population. I would be more scared of them and other smart humans in the marvel world than mutants. Why aren't human ever targeted by these "protection" laws.

Heck thinking about it, Val is so dangerous she created a forever gate that anyone, from anytime, any dimension, and world, can just waltz through and attack earth.

another edit because my mind thought more. lol. I wonder if it would be more acceptable if Xavier was playing a more sinister game. Like a good lawyer could totally rip some of these marvel laws apart. Like when you say super powered what do you mean. I could make the argument someone who has a high intellect is super powered, or someone who ran run 10 mph faster than such and such. They could be playing the propaganda game and ruining lives while advancing their own agenda. A singer who can hit "out of these world notes" she must be powered. Unless specifically it says x-gene somewhere in there.
    I just don't think we'll get anywhere if we continue to box the X-Men into a minority only category. The idea that superpowered people need some regulation or framework shouldn't necessarily be a bad one - unfortunately Marvel decided that it was. I'm not even saying that the government needs to be involved, but it shouldn't be controversial to say that people, mutants and humans alike, with dangerous powers might need some outside help.

They might be more dangerous than 90% of the mutant population but then 1% (if not less) of mutants are more dangerous than all of them put together, considering there are numerous planet-busters among them. And think about that statement, those humans still have to learn, build, apply experience, a mutant can just be born with the power to destroy the planet. Why won't the Pro-Krakoa posters contend with this?

I have no context for what Val did, isn't she a child? How was she allowed to do that?

Exceptional or gifted people wouldn't qualify as superpowered in a world where puberty sometimes comes with telepathy.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 04-26-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Where did Magneto, Mystique, Exodus, Shaw, Shadow King, Mr. Sinister go? The "bad guys" are still bad guys. The bad guys aren't the "antagonist" in every story they are in now. There is nothing more bland Good vs Evil. It is interesting that X-characters have to interact with Mr. Sinister on a regular basis.
    Good vs Evil isn't bland, you just gotta find the good stuff. Besides, we've had years of morally ambiguous protagonists now.

Besides, RedMenace's point still stands: we went from Magneto, Mystique, Sinister, Apocalypse to vampires, Europeans, robots, children, and old women. The caliber has dropped, no need to pretend otherwise.

And it would be interesting if anyone behaved like they should - why are the Summers' not attacking Sinister?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Any particular reason why we're pretending Rosenberg's run wasn't this hugeass Scogan romance until Jean showed up, lol? What, it ruins the victim narrative or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Good vs Evil isn't bland, you just gotta find the good stuff. Besides, we've had years of morally ambiguous protagonists now.

Besides, RedMenace's point still stands: we went from Magneto, Mystique, Sinister, Apocalypse to vampires, Europeans, robots, children, and old women. The caliber has dropped, no need to pretend otherwise.

And it would be interesting if anyone behaved like they should - why are the Summers' not attacking Sinister?
    Yep and it's looking more and more that the mutants' biggest enemy is themselves by this point and the rest seem more like a convenient distraction to avoid Krakoa's problems.

As far as I'm concerned, mostly everyone is a clone by this point and its why they are acting OOC, as the more one dies and gets resurrected, the more removed from the original personality and memories they get.

We just had Quire go from an anti-human punk with a god complex pretending to be a hero.....to an anti-hero trying to be a legit hero whose personality is removed enough to actually get a gf who isnt batshit crazy and this guy got the protocol over a 1000 times. I've taken to calling him Q1000 for now.
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 04-26-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Both of them seem plenty happy to me. In fact they're even getting along after being at each others throats for years.
    I've made it known I don't like this situation either, but it's more that I can't see these characters in this situation. We're at point C, from point A, and I can't imagine a point B - that doesn't mean it's impossible, I just can't see it. And before anyone freaks out, I would be happy with a single Scott and Jean/Logan for those fans (as long as they leave Scott alone).

Nah there's just too much flavor and y'all can't handle it . Kidding you're free to like or dislike whatever you want.
    I disagree that it's bland - if anything, all of Marvel is a hot mess right now.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I've made it known I don't like this situation either, but it's more that I can't see these characters in this situation. We're at point C, from point A, and I can't imagine a point B - that doesn't mean it's impossible, I just can't see it. And before anyone freaks out, I would be happy with a single Scott and Jean/Logan for those fans (as long as they leave Scott alone).

I disagree that it's bland - if anything, all of Marvel is a hot mess right now.
    THIS.

This dumpster fire is why I'm even here cause I can't seem to look away no matter how many times I try to remove it from the pull list.
    You can't help but be curious about the end game.
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 04-26-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    It seemed like with HoX it was off to a strong start & I really wondered WTF was going to happen... and it's ultimately been a whole bunch of nothing & I don't care at all. It's essentially the Utopia era all over again. Remember how every X-Men evah(!) was going to be there & would be used? Well here they are as panel wallpaper...again! Remember how this was going to be a brand new era like nothing before & enough of the doom/gloom? Well here's a bunch of **** nobody cares about while we buy time to make the X-Men hated/feared again! Oh? More new characters? Greaaaat

With the fandom it's also devolved very quickly into the tried & true: 1) Jean, Jean, Jean, why isn't Jean MORE important? Why do the writers HATE Jean? 2) Why isn't character XYZ that's already in a book not in 5 MORE books?! 3) Why isn't this mutant that made a 3 panel appearance in the teen X-book nobody read a decade ago not a main X-Man yet?!
    Marvel! Listen to me, integration is the next step, admit it already!

Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

None of it is true. Logan and Scott has been fine with each toher for years, this false narrative has to stop. And also Scott didn't looked any happy with seeing jean talking with Wolverine, so this is very disputed
    What false narrative? Maybe they made up in Rosenberg’s run (I didn’t read it), but during Bendis’ run Wolverine literally lunged at Teen Scott without hesitation. Besides that they’d both been dead for a couple years.
    Kingdom X is right, Logan had his heart broken by Scott or maybe there was a dispute about child custody, I forget. Anyway, Logan hated Scott for years, although they were the best part of Rosenberg's run. Probably not in the way he intended though.

Before that, they get along about as well as could be expected, they were a good team.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Any particular reason why we're pretending Rosenberg's run wasn't this hugeass Scogan romance until Jean showed up, lol? What, it ruins the victim narrative or something?
    I though it was because it's the love that dare not speak its name?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

They might be more dangerous than 90% of the mutant population but then 1% (if not less) of mutants are more dangerous than all of them put together, considering there are numerous planet-busters among them. And think about that statement, those humans still have to learn, build, apply experience, a mutant can just be born with the power to destroy the planet. Why won't the Pro-Krakoa posters contend with this?
    They way you quote things is weird. It takes all of the context out of the rest of the message to seemingly add oomph to what your responding to but your only responding to certain parts. IF your going to quote me at least quote the whole thing and respond to the part you want.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    Jean already has power. What Jean severely lacks is agency and independence and strength of character to interact with the world without the Phoenix, Logan, Scott or the X-Men holding her hand.

If they can do it with Harley Quinn, its possibly for Jean too.
    Jean has been one of the strongest xmen without the phoenix for a while now. She doesn’t nor had any need of anyone to hold her hand in quite some time. She has been getting her respect in the many dawn of x titles she is a part of as well. Not sure if you just read xforce or something but even there she carries the team more than logan or quentin or beast ever could hope too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Jean has been one of the strongest xmen without the phoenix for a while now. She doesn’t nor had any need of anyone to hold her hand in quite some time. She has been getting her respect in the many dawn of x titles she is a part of as well. Not sure if you just read xforce or something but even there she carries the team more than logan or quentin or beast ever could hope too.
    I read the books and I agree with Op, Jean needs to go solo. She is far away from using all her potential

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    THIS.

This dumpster fire is why I'm even here cause I can't seem to look away no matter how many times I try to remove it from the pull list.
    You can't help but be curious about the end game.
    I feel the sme way, it's a ery ambitious storyline so you can't hel but see the resolution. This is like the Series Finale of a TV show you stopped watching and you want to see how they wrap the storylines
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-26-2021 at 04:32 PM.

I read the books and I agree with Op, Jean needs to go solo. She is far away from using all her potential

I feel the sme way, it's a ery ambitious storyline so you can't hel but see the resolution. This is like the Series Finale of a TV show you stopped watching and you want to see how they wrap the storylines
    I am mean i am for a jean and a storm solo series. But all i am saying she has been getting her respect regardless. She is in so many issues and she is doing work. She is omega level but so is magneto and plenty of other telepaths. She is such a better telepath than pretty much everyone on the list of telepaths which is half of the omega mutants. Honestly, there are really any characters that can come close to her. She is going to be front and center on the xmen now and omg. She is going to do more than clutch. She is going to carry the team and the team is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I am mean i am for a jean and a storm solo series. But all i am saying she has been getting her respect regardless. She is in so many issues and she is doing work. She is omega level but so is magneto and plenty of other telepaths. She is such a better telepath than pretty much everyone on the list of telepaths which is half of the omega mutants. Honestly, there are really any characters that can come close to her. She is going to be front and center on the xmen now and omg. She is going to do more than clutch. She is going to carry the team and the team is great.
    Krakoa is a massive downgrade of Jean Grey On X-men Red and X-men blue. She isn't close to using all her potential, she just there to be a mom and a supportive girlfriend