Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    My favorite books are SWORD, Hellions, New Mutants (after the title got a new writer with issue 14), and X-Factor (which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoy it). I also had a blast reading the first issue of Way of X, so I’m sure that’ll be added to the list once more issues come out.
    I really didn't enjoy New Mutants but if it changed hands with #14 I may give it a go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I really didn't enjoy New Mutants but if it changed hands with #14 I may give it a go from there.
    I didn't enjoy it either, it was the only other book I picked up besides X-Men. I honestly don't recall what happened in the book, I dropped it around No 10 or so. I know everyone keeps saying how much they're enjoying their books, and I've said I'm happy for them (it's posted on here, I can't lie about that) but I'm just not interested in the other books. I want the book I am picking up to be good.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I didn't enjoy it either, it was the only other book I picked up besides X-Men. I honestly don't recall what happened in the book, I dropped it around No 10 or so. I know everyone keeps saying how much they're enjoying their books, and I've said I'm happy for them (it's posted on here, I can't lie about that) but I'm just not interested in the other books. I want the book I am picking up to be good.
    I think most books have had ups and downs.Only consistent books imo are hellions(good) and excalibur(bad).

Astonishing Member

One thing that is making this book hard for me at least to get into is this resurrection thing, it feels a lot like that extended Thor arc where Asgard was anchored over a US city and the storyline went on and on until King Thor and then an equivalent of Bobby Ewing in the shower (80's Dallas TV trope) and oh this storyline never really happened, was it a dream or a parallel earth who knows but it was a waste of time. I know lots of thing are wiped away these days when creators changed, ah continuity went the way of Kayfabe (wrestling term) but when if seems like a show is in an alt universe or might be a fever dream it is harder to invest in it, yeah crazier things can happen because they can't truly be that way. Yeah Hal can die in Gods among us but that isn't really Hal. I have felt that way since HoX PoX mini's where it's like Wolvie is dead and I am like, yeah right, come to find out all the X-Men are Kenny on South Park but that can't last either because then what is the tension?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think most books have had ups and downs.Only consistent books imo are hellions(good) and excalibur(bad).
    That's fair, Hickman's run hasn't been downright terrible, it's just disappointing me.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    One thing that is making this book hard for me at least to get into is this resurrection thing, it feels a lot like that extended Thor arc where Asgard was anchored over a US city and the storyline went on and on until King Thor and then an equivalent of Bobby Ewing in the shower (80's Dallas TV trope) and oh this storyline never really happened, was it a dream or a parallel earth who knows but it was a waste of time. I know lots of thing are wiped away these days when creators changed, ah continuity went the way of Kayfabe (wrestling term) but when if seems like a show is in an alt universe or might be a fever dream it is harder to invest in it, yeah crazier things can happen because they can't truly be that way. Yeah Hal can die in Gods among us but that isn't really Hal. I have felt that way since HoX PoX mini's where it's like Wolvie is dead and I am like, yeah right, come to find out all the X-Men are Kenny on South Park but that can't last either because then what is the tension?
    As a former wrestling fan, I guess the way forward is to work on getting readers to suspend their disbelief despite the death of kayfabe. No gimmicks or hype, just plain old good writing.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I didn't make it as far as #10 but hopefully I'll enjoy it more with the new writer. I agree, though - I'm getting to the point where I'm past the introductory phase and I'm not interesting in pressing on with the books that I'm just not enjoying. At the moment, it's looking like I'll keep reading X-Men (the new direction that's coming up helps) and Marauders (I love the team line-up and despite some frustrations I mostly enjoy it).

I won't be continuing with X-Force (which is basically a circle of Beast making terrible decisions with no consequences) or Hellions (the first arc didn't really grab me and I'm not overly invested in any of the cast).

I'm on the fence about X-Factor - I've read #1-3 now and while I'm enjoying the premise, the execution is lacking something for me...it seems more interested in trying to be quirky and funny than telling an engaging story. I'm going to persevere with it for a few more issues.

I'm looking forward to trying Wolverine, SWORD and Way of X.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I never had a problem with the whole resurrection thing because characters never stayed dead and in some cases ruined a great story. I do feel you hit the nail on the head with the Kenny on South Park comment because that seemed like the running joke every time I read X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    I never had a problem with the whole resurrection thing because characters never stayed dead and in some cases ruined a great story. I do feel you hit the nail on the head with the Kenny on South Park comment because that seemed like the running joke every time I read X-Force.
    It's never been this transparent before. And then they introduced super-death in XoS, so...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Spectacular Member

It's never been this transparent before. And then they introduced super-death in XoS, so...
    I'm not even at XoS yet and can't really see myself catching up any time soon. Shame really because HoXPoX got me back into the X-Men

Astonishing Member

The more I think about in hindsight, am I the only one who found it really uncomfortable how Apocalypse was painted as some poor misunderstood hero?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The more I think about in hindsight, am I the only one who found it really uncomfortable how Apocalypse was painted as some poor misunderstood hero?
    and Mr Sinister there is like appointing Josef Mengele to a high ranking position in Israel; the whole scenario is all kinds of #$%@ed up.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Not the only one. They really tried hard to white wash him

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    and Mr Sinister there is like appointing Josef Mengele to a high ranking position in Israel; the whole scenario is all kinds of #$%@ed up.
    It's very wrong

Extraordinary Member

I am convinced Krakoa is having an effect on people that makes them docile. Some people seem to have a bit of a resistance to it.

Spectacular Member

I have always felt uncomfortable with Magneto being one of the X-Men so didn't have an opinion either way.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am convinced Krakoa is having an effect on people that makes them docile. Some people seem to have a bit of a resistance to it.
    You know how some insects can inject something into you where you don't feel the sting or them sucking your blood? I wonder if Krakoa does the same thing. It drains peoples live energy and gives them the subliminal message "Krakoa is a great place to live! You love everything about the place! Nothing wrong every happens here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    I'm willing to accept that for the purpose of a particular story, when a character dies, they're dead. It's going to mean something and everyone is going to treat it like a big deal, even if later it gets changed.

What they're doing right now though doesn't even give you that. "Death" has basically just become a penalty box. You died? Well, you just have to sit the rest of this mission out and we'll fix you later.