Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    I thought they were in a open relationship, because Scott is still seeing Emma.
    Yes, this is true, though it’s not shown quite as explicitly lately as what’s happening in Scott’s, Jean’s and Wolverine’s 3-bedroom, no-door suite. Or in Wolvie’s and Jean’s hot tub moment, or kissing over coffee. But yeah, Emma and Scott are happening, too, as far as I can tell.

If someone is bothered by the sanctity of Scott’s and Jean’s relationship being violated, it’s really Morrison’s fault. But then in my mind, Emma’s the enemy of good, along with the rest of the Hellfire Club. I remember X-Men 129 through 131 quite well. This is when X-Men were X-Men, IMO:

The Claremont, Byrne and Austin X-Men are still the gold standard of X-Men, aren’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It's a shame, but the problem is that even if the situation is diffused, I'm worried Jean is going to be thrown under the bus. I think some fans put too much blame on Scott, but there's definitely a possibility that Jean gets the short end of the stick here.
    It really feels like they are setting her up to fail. The thing is that she kissing wolverine has zero impact on stories, I just hope it has a explanation and retconned away.
    Scott bounced back from abandoming the family and cheating, he will just do fine anyway

Are they together? It's nowhere near as explicit as Jean and Logan.
    Nothing is shown. it is funny people saying that it is happening without ever showing. For me this run shows that some readers just follow what they want independent of what was written.

Yhis could be a great class about comics, it almost feel like some kind of gaslihtw Sometimes I even doubt we are all reading same comics
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-07-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    being topless isn't the same as having sex with someone, saw many topless women on beach that weren't having sex.
    I'm not really invested in this, but Marvel comics aren't usually that explicit about sex. We're not talking about people on the beach, we're talking about two fictional characters alone in a hot tub making out. If the comic went further then that it would be NSFW.

Honest question, not trying to convince you into believing anything: What do you think is going on? Are you going with the mindset that Jean is cheating? Why do you think Logan takes up permanent residence in the Summers home?

Again, not tryna be combative or convince you of anything, just genuinely curious about your take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm not really invested in this, but Marvel comics aren't usually that explicit about sex. We're not talking about people on the beach, we're talking about two fictional characters alone in a hot tub making out. If the comic went further then that it would be NSFW.

Honest question, not trying to convince you into believing anything: What do you think is going on? Are you going with the mindset that Jean is cheating? Why do you think Logan takes up permanent residence in the Summers home?

Again, not tryna be combative or convince you of anything, just genuinely curious about your take on it.
    Marvel is pretty explicit about sex. Like we saw Carol and Strange on a morning after talking that they had sex.
    Just a kiss won't cut with me
    Fo me is just the writer trying to have his cake and eat it. The kisses only ever happen on x-force, not even on wolverine they happen and has zero impact on story. Take them out change nothing on the storiea and how the characters interact.
    why do he live on summers house? because writers want people to comment on it, even if it makes zero sense, specially how badly Logan did with Laura and Gabby.
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-07-2021 at 08:57 PM.

It really feels like they are setting her up to fail. The thing is that she kissing wolverine has zero impact on stories, I just hope it has a explanation and retconned away.
    Scott bounced back from abandoming the family and cheating, he will just do fine anyway
    It is pointless, I agree. I don't like it at all.

There are still people who judge Scott only for those mistakes, so believe me that I'm concerned for him as well as Jean.

Nothing is shown. it is funny people saying that it is happening without ever showing. For me this run shows that some readers just follow what they want independent of what was written.

Yhis could be a great class about comics, it almost feel like some kind of gaslihtw Sometimes I even doubt we are all reading same comics
    I mean, they've kissed, I saw that. Scott and Emma have barely smiled at each other as far as I can tell.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Folks, two people alone in a hot tub, drinking, making out, stroking each other, taking off bikini tops, do NOT stop at a kiss. The denial among you folks is crazy. Logan and Jean — doin’ it!

Comparing that situation to sunning yourself topless on the beach is off base. It’s two TOTALLY DIFFERENT activities, two totally different situations.

And Jean’s NOT a cheater. Cyclops clearly knows what’s going on, he’s living in it.

Hickman even drew you a map, literally, of their bedrooms. Logan is now part of the Summers clan and he’s sleeping with it’s matriarch, Jean.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-08-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Folks, two people alone in a hot tub, drinking, making out, stroking each other, taking off bikini tops, do NOT stop at a kiss. The denial among you folks is crazy. Logan and Jean — doin’ it!
    My friend, there is one person struggling with you. I see it, I don't like it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

My friend, there is one person struggling with you. I see it, I don't like it.
    And I respect that. Thank you.

What are the odds that this whole thing is just another alternative life of Moira? Maybe she gets a Moira XI? And that’s the real 616?

And I respect that. Thank you.

What are the odds that this whole thing is just another alternative life of Moira? Maybe she gets a Moira XI? And that’s the real 616?
    I've thought about that, it's one reason I haven't just dropped the books or raged very much. I don't think I'm the first person to think of this, I'm sure it came up during HoX/PoX, but it's a real possibility.

There's gonna be real rage afterwards I think, from those who want this era to continue for years and years to come.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

So, my take on the love triange of scott/jean/logan is a bit different. I see it as more an evolved form of swingers. Its not so much a kink for them as it is an evolution of their feelings. Scott and jean have shared a psychic rapport for years. They have basically lived in each other’s heads for decades. You can imagine all the awkward thoughts that get through in this situation. All of that just becomes normal for them. Scott knows how she feels about logan. It bothered him for a time but now he is over it. Him and logan had their falling out in schism and then some. Now, they respect each other on a level that normal people could not even hope to have. At the end of the day, scott knows jean loves him and would do anything to be with him. Instead of making her choose between him and logan, to which he knows he will be the victor, he allows her and logan to share that same love. I feel its more like the greek gods than a normal human relationship. They have these powers and are able to share these extraordinary experiences with one another and have just evolved in such a way to accept it as who they are rather than let themselves be boxed in by human standards on how they should be. Maybe that sounds a bit preachy or maybe some people just don’t want to accept that they can have that kind of relationship. Which is fine. Its just how i see it and so far the comics haven’t given me any reason to think otherwise.

I've thought about that, it's one reason I haven't just dropped the books or raged very much. I don't think I'm the first person to think of this, I'm sure it came up during HoX/PoX, but it's a real possibility.

There's gonna be real rage afterwards I think, from those who want this era to continue for years and years to come.
    As I’ve said many times, I am withholding a final judgement based on Hickman’s record, and some concepts he’s thrown out there, particularly with the Orchis-related plots.

I don’t hate HiXmen, yet, and some parts I have enjoyed. I think the run is definitely going much better than Morrison’s, which to me is bottom of the barrel. I don’t think Morrison knew or understood the characters at all. Hickman does understand the characters, I think, but he has this tendency to just turn them all into dei ex machina and worse, into flat-out MacGuffins. He just bulldozes through to get the story where he wants. Look at how Hickman did Namor and T’Challa. And, I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face, the HiXmen in general have not been boring. Well, maybe X of Swords was boring, but the other books and stories within the stories have not been boring.

I do think this could be leading into Moira XI, which would be the 616. I could see this all going there in some grand plan of Hickman’s.

Comparing that situation to sunning yourself topless on the beach is off base. It’s two TOTALLY DIFFERENT activities, two totally different situations.

And Jean’s NOT a cheater. Cyclops clearly knows what’s going on, he’s living in it.

Hickman even drew you a map, literally, of their bedrooms. Logan is now part of the Summers clan and he’s sleeping with it’s matriarch, Jean.
    I need proof.

People need to understand tha if writers doesn't make things clear on canon, readers have the right to not recognie it.

oh hickman drew a map? too bad X-force said screw that map. I want to see the house not a map

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    So, my take on the love triange of scott/jean/logan is a bit different. I see it as more an evolved form of swingers. Its not so much a kink for them as it is an evolution of their feelings. Scott and jean have shared a psychic rapport for years. They have basically lived in each other’s heads for decades. You can imagine all the awkward thoughts that get through in this situation. All of that just becomes normal for them. Scott knows how she feels about logan. It bothered him for a time but now he is over it. Him and logan had their falling out in schism and then some. Now, they respect each other on a level that normal people could not even hope to have. At the end of the day, scott knows jean loves him and would do anything to be with him. Instead of making her choose between him and logan, to which he knows he will be the victor, he allows her and logan to share that same love. I feel its more like the greek gods than a normal human relationship. They have these powers and are able to share these extraordinary experiences with one another and have just evolved in such a way to accept it as who they are rather than let themselves be boxed in by human standards on how they should be. Maybe that sounds a bit preachy or maybe some people just don’t want to accept that they can have that kind of relationship. Which is fine. Its just how i see it and so far the comics haven’t given me any reason to think otherwise.
    That is a fascinating viewpoint. In other words, they are at the “evolved” state all the mutants keep talking about on Krakoa. I’m going to have to think on this hard, instead of getting into the soap-opera-ness of it. You might be onto something here — the mutants literally are evolved, in many ways. Hmm...

It really is not unlike Moore’s and Gaiman’s Miracleman/Marvelman, is it?
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-08-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Hickman reset his run on Avengers, nobody remembers secret wars besides Doom and FF.

It's a hue real possibility, specially that the run has failed outiside of the Twitter echo-chamber

I need proof.
    You need to get a clue.

The proof is all there.