Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1417
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    BTW, I don’t mean to sound to down on it. Although I expect disappointment, you are right on! It is cool! Anytime Man-Thing gets a book, it’s a great thing, even if Gerber is no longer with us.
    I've read none of his earlier stuff, although I'm pretty sure I've read Gerber's stuff in Defenders, and am passingly familiar with his trippy esthetic. I'm not feeling that particular vibe here, so you might not be terribly into it.

Man-Thing is dangerous. “Whoever knows fear burns...” Man-Thing has burned quite a few monsters and demons, even going toe-to-toe with Dr. Strange and the Hulk. That’s no joke.
    He's definitely portrayed as a potential global threat here, so there is that, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    You know what? I apologize.

I wasn't saying you can't use the word. I was saying "the preferred label of the LGBTQ+ community" isn't true for everyone. You can use whatever word you want, but it doesn't define all of us. You're doing great!
    No need to apologize. I wasn’t offended. I don’t want to insult you or anybody who is part of the LGBTQ+ community, especially over use of the word “queer.”

I have read that many in the LGBTQ+ consider that polyamory falls under the “queer” label, as polyamory is not part of the what is regarded as heteronormative relationships. That’s why I was using the word “queer” to describe polyamory.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-06-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Incredible Member

No need to apologize. I wasn’t offended. I don’t want to insult you or anybody who is part of the LGBTQ+ community, especially over use of the word “queer.”

I have read that many in the LGBTQ+ consider that polyamory falls under the “queer” label, as polyamory is not part of the what is regarded as heteronormative relationships.

I’m also very aware that for much of human history marriage and “hetero” relationships had little to do with notions of romantic love, and were most often about accumulating wealth within a family, often arranged and most often for men’s benefit. Worldwide, marriage is still about what we might think of as business, not love. Historically, this very often involved polygamy and in many places still does. That’s why I use the word heteronormative instead of traditional. Because traditionally, marriage is about accumulating wealth to benefit families, probably understandably so.

Thanks for being a great ally!

This poly-thing, it's a way Hickman has found not to deal with romantic relationships and all the drama of competition, preferences. It reminds me when I had in front of me two sets of color pencils, I couldn't choose, I bought the two boxes.

The result is the impression we have no anymore the previous characters, there are new characters because it has never be hinted before. It is one of the many things that makes of Hickman's run, a curious object that blends in difficulty with the rest.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    This poly-thing, it's a way Hickman has found not to deal with romantic relationships and all the drama of competition, preferences. It reminds me when I had in front of me two sets of color pencils, I couldn't choose, I bought the two boxes.

The result is the impression we have no anymore the previous characters, there are new characters because it has never be hinted before. It is one of the many things that makes of Hickman's run, a curious object that blends in difficulty with the rest.
    While I don’t disagree the Scott+Jean+Wolverine throuple is a simple though inelegant solution from Hickman for the Scott+Jean+Wolverine love triangle, you can’t say it hasn’t been hinted at. Jean and Wolverine have had a love connection in spite of Scott for more than 4 decades. You can’t say this thing wasn’t hinted at. It even made it into the movies.

The real question is, does comicbook Wolverine look like Hugh Jackman or Tim “Dr. Hook” McCracken from the movie Slapshot? Personally, I think Jackman’s too obvious a choice. I like to think Jeannie’s gettin’ with this:

LOL!
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-07-2021 at 01:32 PM.

While I don’t disagree the Scott+Jean+Wolverine throuple is a simple though inelegant solution from Hickman for the Scott+Jean+Wolverine love triangle, you can’t say it hasn’t been hinted at. Jean and Wolverine have had a love connection in spite of Scott for more than 4 decades. You can’t say this thing wasn’t hinted at. It even made it into the movies.

The real question is, does comicbook Wolverine look like Hugh Jackman or Tim “Dr. Hook” McCracken from the movie Slapshot? Personally, I think Jackman’s too obvious a choice. I like to think Jeannie’s gettin’ with this:

LOL!
    It is completely gross, there is nothing elegant on it. Two men that are toxic for jean and out of character behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Good thing tis that they didn't commited to anything. So it is not happening, they let it open and never defined what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It is completely gross, there is nothing elegant on it. Two men that are toxic for jean and out of character behavior
    I think given the track record including with the D’Bari and Jean’s taste in roasted asparagus (people), it maybe Jean who is toxic to the boys.

Good thing tis that they didn't commited to anything. So it is not happening, they let it open and never defined what is happening.
    Oh please. We’ve been through this. I’m not re-posting the panels of Jean and Logan doin’ it in X-Force or diagrams from X-Men on their suite of bedrooms with no doors. The three of ‘em are throupling.

If you learned to relax about it, you could have a laugh about it too, imagining inanities like the character from the movie Slapshot with Sophie Turner — that sh!t’s too crazy funny not to laugh at. It’s, like, c’mon, Claremont! C’mon Hickman! What were the two of you thinkin’, LOL!

Then again, if you think of Wolverine as Hugh Jackman, I guess it does make a little more sense...
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-07-2021 at 02:14 PM.

I think given the track record including with the D’Bari and Jean’s taste in roasted asparagus (people), it maybe Jean who is toxic to the boys.
    She was raped an dmind controlled. she isn't a cold murderer. Just show how little you know Jean

Oh please. We’ve been through this. I’m not re-posting the panels of Jean and Logan doin’ it in X-Force or diagrams from X-Men on their suite of bedrooms with no doors. The three of ‘em are throupling. If you learned to relax about it, you could have a laugh about it too, imagining inanities like the character from the movie Slapshot with Sophie Turner — that sh!t’s too crazy funny not to laugh at. It’s, like, c’mon, Claremont! C’mon Hickman! What were the two of you thinkin’, LOL!

Then again, if you think of Wolverine as Hugh Jackman, I guess it does make a little more sense...
    That proves that she kissed Logan. Nothing show that Scott is ok with it

writers had many chances of showing it really happening, so the only conclusion is not happening. Unless you have the proof.
    You even lied about Hickman interview

She was raped an dmind controlled. she isn't a cold murderer. Just show how little you know Jean
    I read X-Men 137 when it came out, fresh off the newsstand. It was Jean. The story is robbed of its power if it’s some space entity garbage. Byrne and Busiek screwed that up.

Also, even if you go with in-continuity, Marvel canon these days, Jean herself says it’s all her now, a completely integrated personality. So, yeah, still Jean, charbroiling the asparagus folk.

That proves that she kissed Logan. Nothing show that Scott is ok with it

writers had many chances of showing it really happening, so the only conclusion is not happening. Unless you have the proof.
    You even lied about Hickman interview
    Two people alone and naked in a hot tub do NOT stop at kissing if they are engaged in amorous activity, period.

I didn’t lie about anything. Listen to the Hickman interview. He confirms the throuple. He talks about how he doesn’t want to bang people over the head with it. I guess the other writers didn’t get that memo from Head of X, ‘cuz they’re making it pretty explicit by Marvel comics standards.

You gotta relax about it. Learn to have a chuckle over it. It’s fiction. We don’t know where Hickman’s going with it. I didn’t like X-Men #132 when Jean and Scott’s relationship got a little too close for my comfort then. I didn’t like what Morrison did with Scott and Emma. But you know what? It’s fine. The writers and creators did what they did and wrote what they wrote, and now it’s canon, just like the throuple. But if you chilled out a little about it, you’d see it’s all in good, clean fun anyway, and it’s only a retcon away from not having happened, just like Jean dying or Jean being or not being Phoenix. Sometimes, you have to trust where the writer and writers are going. See crazy pop art like the Star Wars movies or Breaking Bad for details on how crazy plotlines get resolved after fandoms’ dissent, then come around to love it.

I don't think oanyone screwed up any story. Jean was the victim, she isn't a mass murderer

The Hickman interview you posted is from 2016. he never confirmed it on page or out of page.

Without proof impossible say what is going on

I don't think oanyone screwed up any story. Jean was the victim, she isn't a mass murderer
    Tell that to the D’Bari, LOL!

The Hickman interview you posted is from 2016. he never confirmed it on page or out of page.

Without proof impossible say what is going on
    Did I post the 2016 interview? Shoot! Sorry. Here, 2019, same podcast program, different episode. He talks about a lot of interesting things with the X titles:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000455253952

And proof? You see Jean naked and making out in a hot tub with Wolverine, and living in a suite with no doors with Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean. They’re a throuple. Or Jean’s a total cheater and Scott is beyond clueless. Jean’s never been depicted as dishonest. She even admitted when she flash fried the D’Bari in X-Men #137. So, cheating is basically out. The three of them are an item.

You just need to trust Hickman to resolve it all in some fashion. An alternative lifestyle choice by fictional characters is very, VERY far from the worst thing going on in the X titles. I’m not even going to say it’s wrong. You bought the ticket from Hickman and Marvel. Now, you need to relax and enjoy the ride, see where they’re going with it all.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-07-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Interviews arent acanon anyway and he never confirmed or people would be posting this interview all the time.

So what? I take that there isn't proof on books and I'm right for doing that

Interviews arent acanon anyway and he never confirmed or people would be posting this interview all the time.

So what? I take that there isn't proof on books and I'm right for doing that
    No, you are willfully misreading what is presented on the pages of the comicbooks.

No, you are willfully misreading what is presented on the pages of the comicbooks.
    No, i'm not doing that. I'm reading what is presented intead of taking leaps to interpret the wrong way

Referencing the Theseus's Ship paradox, I wonder if individual identity matters anymore for cloned Krakoans. If death is temporary, what value do Hickman's X-Men assign to a life? The run is interesting, but it lacks soul.