Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Honestly feel like what's going on with Kitty Pryde is more queerbaiting than the throuple situation. One-off panel of her kissing a woman seeming to confirm her as bi, no follow up and she's not featured on any of the materials for Marvel's Voices: Pride.
    I agree with you. The love traingle thing is just people really forcing it and writer taking a laugh with it without showing anything. Kitty had a quick kiss and it was never followed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I don’t think anyone should be offended by the depiction of Scott+Jean+Logan. I do think people need to relax about these topics, don’t be so uptight about it.

However, I was raised in a very traditional and by today’s standards a religiously conservative environment—religion, NOT politics, which believe it or not used to be a separate thing—and I am still a believer. I can understand why people are not fans of depictions of alternative lifestyles in fiction if it involves more than a couple.

I fully support LGBQT+ people and their rights, including rights to marry, to health care through partner benefits, to have children, to adopt children, to any tax benefits, and much more — to live freely in the pursuit of happiness, like everyone.

I fully support people in polyamorous relationships and their rights as well, though I’m not exactly sure how adoption would work for more than two people.

I do not believe in excluding from society people who have done nothing wrong to society. I believe in the rights of people to live freely.

But more than a couple people isn’t something that I necessarily see as automatically equivalent to a couple. I can understand how an audience maybe upset at the depiction of sexual relationships involving more than two people depicted. It does go on in real life. It’s something that happens. Depicting it in fiction ought to not be off limits. I don’t think people who live in that lifestyle ought to be personally or politically persecuted over it, either. That would be wrong. It is a fine line, though.

Polygamy is often ripe for the abuse of people, especially children. I would imagine polyandry can involve some of the same dynamics. I’m not saying people should in any way be prevented from engaging in or depicting polyamory. But I think we as a country of laws and rights need to be educated and smart about this.

All that said, what Hickman has really done is pick up the ball Chris Claremont set up on the field hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of issues ago, and Hickman’s run with it. That’s all that’s happening between Scott+Jean+Logan.

We need a name for this throuple, like Benifer has a name. (Are Ben and JLo really back? )

What about “Scloannie?” “Cyphine?” “Lottie?”

At least the Hickman run is not boring.
    I actually agree with nearly all of your points here, I was also raised in a similar environment and even separating that as much as I can, I still really don't like this development for these characters. It isn't only the individual character histories which makes this seem like fanfiction (which has its place and is a valid creative endeavor) but also that Claremont's motivation for this entire horrendous situation will always paint this in a negative light for me.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Honestly feel like what's going on with Kitty Pryde is more queerbaiting than the throuple situation. One-off panel of her kissing a woman seeming to confirm her as bi, no follow up and she's not featured on any of the materials for Marvel's Voices: Pride.
    Part of me feels like it's because all of her potential love interests (Rachel, Magik, and Karma) are featured in different books, but I would also like a follow-up. Fingers crossed for something at the Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Please, PLEASE stop repeating this. I am gay and I hate that word. Nobody I know likes that word. It may be preferred with the people you know, but not THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.
    Yeeeeah im just gonna day im totally fine with the word Queer being used to designate non traditional heterosexual sexual escapades
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    If either, or both of, Cyclops and Wolverine are gay or bisexual does it matter? I mean are people actually offended by the perceived sexuality of fictional characters? If you are then the problem is yours, not the writer, not other fans, not the characters. It surely isn't a massive stretch to believe that a character doesn't fully acknowledge their complete sexuality until a little later in life. I'm pretty sure most of us (at least those my age) know someone that's happened to.

Does it make a difference to whether they can fight? Or save the world? Or interact with their teams? Does it mean there are fewer story options going forward?

I don't think so, I'm reading the books, it might not have been something I'd have suggested, but all it's done is make me raise an eyebrow. It hasn't ruined my enjoyment of the books.

Maybe just relax about it and enjoy the stories.
    Yes!
    GrindrStone(D)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As someone who doesn't advocate polyamorous relations, I have a question.

If two women are in a poly relationship with a man and all three individuals are hetero, does it this setup mean that the two women are in a sexual relationship with each other as well?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

If two women are in a poly relationship with a man and all three individuals are hetero, does it this setup mean that the two women are in a sexual relationship with each other as well?
    They both are okay with having a presumably one way exclusive sexual and emotional relationship with the same dude....so I guess it'll depend if by sexual (lol) relationship you mean are they having intercourse with each other? No
    GrindrStone(D)

No. It doesn't mean everyone gonna have sex with everyone.

It's ore complex than "everyone is gay on poly reltionships" that people said here
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-06-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Polygamy was normal for most of human history and was never looked at in that manner, so no.

I suppose it could be a poly relationship, but the women would have to be friends for this to work. If they hate each other the relationship will be toast in a month.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I've said it once and I'll say it until the end of his run, the thing that I'll miss most about this era is the consistent directive to use everyone. Characters we haven't seen in years are alive and active and many have integral roles to their books. It sucks that following this era eventually things will return to the status quo or whatever status quo which is familiar to the MCU at that point, and most of these incredible characters will be back in limbo or lost to the decade!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've said it once and I'll say it until the end of his run, the thing that I'll miss most about this era is the consistent directive to use everyone. Characters we haven't seen in years are alive and active and many have integral roles to their books. It sucks that following this era eventually things will return to the status quo or whatever status quo which is familiar to the MCU at that point, and most of these incredible characters will be back in limbo or lost to the decade!
    Yeah, the writing's been on the wall since the very beginning, with Mystique right there holding a match and waiting to burn it all down (and various others like Sinister, the Shadow King, Exodus, the Arakko mutants, etc. also foreshadowing doom everywhere), but I will really miss being able to pick up books and see characters like Frenzy on teams, and occasional walk-byes of characters like Tempo.

Where else but the Age of Krakoa could I pick up a book called 'X-Men: Curse of the Man-Thing' and the team is Magik, Forearm, Shark Girl, Marrow, Mammomax and Wolf Cub. Just, WTF, and I love it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    agreed. this is probably one of the best parts about to era to me
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    ...Where else but the Age of Krakoa could I pick up a book called 'X-Men: Curse of the Man-Thing' and the team is Magik, Forearm, Shark Girl, Marrow, Mammomax and Wolf Cub. Just, WTF, and I love it.
    I haven’t read it, yet, because I know I’m going to be disappointed. Gerber’s Man-Thing was so fantastic. Any other use of the character has disappointed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    ...Where else but the Age of Krakoa could I pick up a book called 'X-Men: Curse of the Man-Thing' and the team is Magik, Forearm, Shark Girl, Marrow, Mammomax and Wolf Cub. Just, WTF, and I love it.
    BTW, I don’t mean to sound to down on it. Although I expect disappointment, you are right on! It is cool! Anytime Man-Thing gets a book, it’s a great thing, even if Gerber is no longer with us.

Man-Thing in an X title? Can D'Spayre be far behind?

Also, is Man-Thing going to be a Krakoan resident going foward? If so, is it due to the Pacific island jungle environment?

If Man-Thing is to be a Krakoan resident, the other residents will need to be warned, to say nothing of the residents of Arakko. Man-Thing is dangerous. “Whoever knows fear burns...” Man-Thing has burned quite a few monsters and demons, even going toe-to-toe with Dr. Strange and the Hulk. That’s no joke. Now, if only this appearance was as full of jokes and weirdness that Gerber brought to the table.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-06-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    What would your preferred term be for a throuple? Let me know, please. I am seriously NOT trying to offend the LGBTQ+ community. I will use whatever term you want me ro use.
    You know what? I apologize.

I wasn't saying you can't use the word. I was saying "the preferred label of the LGBTQ+ community" isn't true for everyone. You can use whatever word you want, but it doesn't define all of us. You're doing great!