Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's puzzeling indeed.

You'd think that even if things got slowed down intentionaly for the sake of getting the most out of the hype created by Hox/Pox, especialy with the almost dozen of satelite titles entirely tied to the new status quo, that there would still be at least some involvement of Moira X.

Like at least some scenes of Xavier and Magneto giving her a status report and hearing her concerns or approval of how things progress. But this utter silence except for that tiny cameo in Ten of Swords feels weird.

I know many enjoy the status quo as is and like how every nook and cranny of it's working is attempted to be explained in the satelite titles, but there are also many people who primarily got invested into the events from Hox/Pox not because of the current status quo but of the story revolving around it's creation and potential downfall, which is all tied to Moira X (or at least implied to be so).
    She was in XOS? Must have been a blink and you missed it moment bc I dont recall her

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I've stated it before but just so no one misunderstands me: I don't think Hickman's run has been downright bad, but I have issues with it and this, the terrible pacing, is definitely one of them.
    yeah the pacing here is off and its something I have issues with

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Interesting, I thought the Phoenix did have ties to the larger multiverse as a whole.

Still, Secret Wars isn't proof of anything since it took place after AvX. Now, if it came first you'd have a stronger case.
    They never mention any event of losing powers, also what happened on 616 doesn't mean it happened on other universes.

I really don't understand the hard on in demonize even more Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was in XOS? Must have been a blink and you missed it moment bc I dont recall her
    It was a alternate scenario if Logan killed Saturnyne. It was so badly done, that people thought that Saturnyne knew about Moira and later White said that she didn't knew about Moira.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-20-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

When Rockslide got killed in other world (or when they try apply the Cerebro storage to his clone body not entirely sure), some mysterious surge was going through all 5 Cerebro units at once apparently damaging the imprint, one shown was in Moira's "No Room" and she was surprised/shocked by it happening. But it was only one small pannel. So yes easy to forget.

But that's all we've seen of her in 2 years and 20+ issues of various comics.

Extraordinary Member

She was mentioned in the nightmare Saturnyne gave Wolverine of what would happen if he stabbed her. Moira was stated in the data page to have gotten brainzapped into a coma, preventing her from dying and resetting the timeline.

Extraordinary Member

I think there was a scene where it was showing people around and peeked in on her in her hiding spot, nothing was said though as far as I recall. Basically just a reminder she still existed.

As for the pacing, I agree. It is clear Hickman has a story and he mentioned things having indefinite time tables. If something was not working they could move on. So his job was to set things up and let everyone write in his world while it was working, or in other words, everyone rides the hype of his name and idea until the line needed a sales boost, at which point he will probably reveal the next step in the big story to generate hype again.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    She was mentioned in the nightmare Saturnyne gave Wolverine of what would happen if he stabbed her. Moira was stated in the data page to have gotten brainzapped into a coma, preventing her from dying and resetting the timeline.
    Data pages....wow, guess thats what I get for skipping alot of them

Extraordinary Member

Well, nothing on the data page actually happened so it was worth skipping.

Wanda is a pretender.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't help that the vision was more or less the writers trying to hammer in that the Arraki are "super duper powerfull" and will doom everyone if they win, with the line about Moira seemingly just throw in so they don't have to bother with fans bringing up the implied reset button.
    Not helped by the whole thing being supposed to be a vision only Wolverine sees, yet including a note towards Moira, which only the reader should know about.

Side note.

The whole thing reminded me to the Ghost Box storyline from years ago, where the X-men had to deal with an all powerfull force of invaders who conquered multiple earths and defeated every X-men team standing in their way (somehow always involving Armor), a point reinforced by a two part mini series showing short stories of various X-men team defeated, only for the storyline to end with the conquerers entirely wiped out when the X-men just fired a laser beam from SWORDs base at them and never seen again.

Which is one reason i can't take the Arraki serious as something that is supposed to be relevant for a longer time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Doesn't help that the vision was more or less the writers trying to hammer in that the Arraki are "super duper powerfull" and will doom everyone if they win, with the line about Moira seemingly just throw in so they don't have to bother with fans bringing up the implied reset button.
    Not helped by the whole thing being supposed to be a vision only Wolverine sees, yet including a note towards Moira, which only the reader should know about.

Side note.

The whole thing reminded me to the Ghost Box storyline from years ago, where the X-men had to deal with an all powerfull force of invaders who conquered multiple earths and defeated every X-men team standing in their way (somehow always involving Armor), a point reinforced by a two part mini series showing short stories of various X-men team defeated, only for the storyline to end with the conquerers entirely wiped out when the X-men just fired a laser beam from SWORDs base at them and never seen again.

Which is one reason i can't take the Arraki serious as something that is supposed to be relevant for a longer time.
    X of swords was dope af

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Wanda is a pretender.
    Pretender is such a stupid nickname for her. When did she ever pretend to be something she knew she wasn't? I know she said she was a mutant, but that's when absolutley everybody, include many experts on mutations said the same thing.

When it was revealed she wasn't, she stopped claiming to be.

Xavier really deserves the nickname more than she does. It seems like just about everything he's ever told anyone has been a lie.

Mighty Member

X of Sword woulda been dope if the Tournament wasn't a farce

And most of the Arraki people weren't wall paper hyped to the moon and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Pretender is such a stupid nickname for her. When did she ever pretend to be something she knew she wasn't? I know she said she was a mutant, but that's when absolutley everybody, include many experts on mutations said the same thing.

When it was revealed she wasn't, she stopped claiming to be.

Xavier really deserves the nickname more than she does. It seems like just about everything he's ever told anyone has been a lie.
    Pfft she pretended to be a mutant and yet she worked against mutants when it came down to it. Xavier is the og. Respect his name.

I can't really comment in detail about XoS since I only grabbed the X-Men tie-ins.

The pacing is inexcusable in my opinion, and I've argued that if this is the only book Hickman writes that has "X-Men" in its title he'll have wasted his shot with that particular corner of the X-franchise.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They never mention any event of losing powers, also what happened on 616 doesn't mean it happened on other universes.

I really don't understand the hard on in demonize even more Wanda
    Well, I don't recall if there was confirmation about other universes being affected, although there wouldn't necessarily be a reason that Wanda couldn't have reached beyond Earth-616.

I'm not trying to demonize Wanda, hopefully you can see that from my previous posts. There was a time when I was ardently against her character over this very thing, but I realized that how I felt when someone would disparage Scott over something they didn't care about or know about must be how Wanda's fans feel getting this story thrown in their face. It's something that was done with/to her character that Marvel can retcon away, but there was still damage done. Yet another thing that, if any thought to the consequences had been given, never would've been done.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.