Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    House of X 1
    Magneto "You see, I know how you humans love your symbolism, almost as much as you love your religion"
    Magneto "And I wanted you... I needed you... To understand"
    Magneto "You have new gods now"

Are they blaming Genosha and Decimation on the rest of humanity? That is what the art a few pages back on this thread suggests.
    I want to see where Hickman takes this story but I just don't understand this new narrative or where it came from.
    Again they can't call themselves "gods" & expect viewers to take that seriously when their getting offed by regular humans whom are ants when compared to gods, some puny gods 8f that's the case, in particular 1 of their elite omega levels "meant to be protected at all cost" stays getting owned by humans that was a clown quote from Mags.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Wasn't the first first major public reveal of mutants when Magento attacked a military based declaring that humans suck and mutants should rule?
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Humans had long since shown their true feelings about Mutants. It's those same feelings as to why Killcrop births like NightCrawler/Jamie Madrox are so rare
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Things went sideways when Bolivar Trask used the mass media to spew his bigotry, and introduce the Sentinels to the world.
    Timeline wise, doesn't stuff like Weapon Plus/X predate Magneto's public supervillain debut?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Timeline wise, doesn't stuff like Weapon Plus/X predate Magneto's public supervillain debut?
    Stuff like Weapon Plus and The First X-Men were self-contained compared to Magneto's televised debut. Even the retcon that Namor was the first mutant is ignored by overshadowing it with his Atlantean heritage.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Stuff like Weapon Plus and The First X-Men were self-contained compared to Magneto's televised debut. Even the retcon that Namor was the first mutant is ignored by overshadowing it with his Atlantean heritage.
    But Weapon Plus involves the capture and experimentation of mutants, as if they were less than human, indicating that maybe Magneto was right that there was a war taking place.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

But Weapon Plus involves the capture and experimentation of mutants, as if they were less than human, indicating that maybe Magneto was right that there was a war taking place.
    I think Alan's comment was talking about the public reaction to the appearance of mutants. Apart from Captain America's Project Rebirth, Weapon Plus capturing mutants for experimentation wasn't public knowledge before Magneto and Trask showed up.
    "Cable was right!"

It was started by a sentient mind controlling bacteria from the dawn of time.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Didn't Mister Sinister perform leathal experiments on mutants ever since the 1800's?

Though talking about him. I'm not sure if it predates or happend somewhat after Weapon Plus started, but there was also the Black Womb project during WWII, which involved researching mutants and involved Amanda Mueller, Mister Sinister, Destiny and Cain Marko's and Charles Xavier's fathers.

Though if we want to go further back regarding mutants and base humans doing horrible things to one another, there are the wars Apocalypse waged and what ever Selene was up to. Plus it seems there was always a coin toss about ancient mutants on what ever they would become worshiped as gods or killed as monsters (i guess based on their appearance and powers as per usual).

Either way. There were conflicts, heroics and villainy going on involving mutants for a long time in the Marvel universe. So yes, all that Magneto did was to drag it into the modern day spotlight, instead of leaving the conflict a shadow society type invisible war.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Didn't Mister Sinister perform leathal experiments on mutants ever since the 1800's?
    See... Mr. Sinister’s inclusion in all this STILL has me scratching my head. Like I can move past pretty much everything else, but he is such an amoral POS who is clearly gonna betray them. (I know they need the DNA samples... but they couldn’t just steal them?)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Again they can't call themselves "gods" & expect viewers to take that seriously when their getting offed by regular humans whom are ants when compared to gods, some puny gods 8f that's the case, in particular 1 of their elite omega levels "meant to be protected at all cost" stays getting owned by humans that was a clown quote from Mags.
    Look at my other posts on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    See... Mr. Sinister’s inclusion in all this STILL has me scratching my head. Like I can move past pretty much everything else, but he is such an amoral POS who is clearly gonna betray them. (I know they need the DNA samples... but they couldn’t just steal them?)
    Im pretty sure his stuff is heavily encrypted and they wouldnt know what to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The X-men, the mutants are fictional characters. They don’t have a value by themselves. They had aventures and showed their true colors, they represented values. The X-men represented good values: generosity, courage, greatness of heart… while keeping human weaknesses.

What do they represent now if they endorse existing divisions? Selfishness, segregation, arrogance?

The role of heroes is to show the way. The good way. They are not heroes, anymore? What is the purpose?
    I agree with your assessment.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I have not quite made my mind of Mr Sinister, on one hand I believe they prefer to keep him close at hand than out in the world doing who knows what and at least Erik and Charles know he´s going to try to betray them at some point so they are watchin him all the time and while I am sure Hickman and Zeb Wells enjoy writting him we need a reson why the rest of the X-men, especially Scott, Jean and Havok are ok having him around, I would not mind a deeper character exploration on this.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    On the surface level it seems mostly an action of "necessary evil", because of the mentioned DNA samples and all his knowledge of mutants and their DNA.

But the more one thinks about it and what they had at their disposale for a while and have even more right now, it just seem so risky to keep holding onto Sinister, especialy since his secret cloning facility and everything else he does shouldn't be so easy to hide as he thinks

Especialy since as you mention they could have easily gotten their hands on his DNA collection allready (which i allready find weirdly convinient considering how the hell did Sinister get 17.5 million mutant DNA samples???)

While Beast has for a while become somewhat moraly problematic (and moving close into Dark Beast territory) and Doctor Nemesis is a somewhat chaotic person, both would still be easy first line replacements for him and considering the millions of mutants they claim to have, there should be a few pretty brilliant minds among them who as a collective could take Sinisters place.

Heck if Sinister is a mutant now, shouldn't Xavier allready have his mind stored on Cerebro? Just take all the vital memories from there and store it in a database, or have Prodigy absorb it.

So yeah. Sinister in his position is just asking for trouble and it's not like Xavier isn't aware of what he could do. They know through Moira what he did in her last life on Mars.

But perhaps that's exactly why they want him around... Hickman introduced the Chimera concept for a reason. But we have to wonder why Xavier might want it, IF that is his main reason for keeping Sinister around.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I have not quite made my mind of Mr Sinister, on one hand I believe they prefer to keep him close at hand than out in the world doing who knows what and at least Erik and Charles know he´s going to try to betray them at some point so they are watchin him all the time and while I am sure Hickman and Zeb Wells enjoy writting him we need a reson why the rest of the X-men, especially Scott, Jean and Havok are ok having him around, I would not mind a deeper character exploration on this.
    I agree, keep your friends close but keep your enemies even closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    On the surface level it seems mostly an action of "necessary evil", because of the mentioned DNA samples and all his knowledge of mutants and their DNA.

But the more one thinks about it and what they had at their disposale for a while and have even more right now, it just seem so risky to keep holding onto Sinister, especialy since his secret cloning facility and everything else he does shouldn't be so easy to hide as he thinks

Especialy since as you mention they could have easily gotten their hands on his DNA collection allready (which i allready find weirdly convinient considering how the hell did Sinister get 17.5 million mutant DNA samples???)

While Beast has for a while become somewhat moraly problematic (and moving close into Dark Beast territory) and Doctor Nemesis is a somewhat chaotic person, both would still be easy first line replacements for him and considering the millions of mutants they claim to have, there should be a few pretty brilliant minds among them who as a collective could take Sinisters place.

Heck if Sinister is a mutant now, shouldn't Xavier allready have his mind stored on Cerebro? Just take all the vital memories from there and store it in a database, or have Prodigy absorb it.

So yeah. Sinister in his position is just asking for trouble and it's not like Xavier isn't aware of what he could do. They know through Moira what he did in her last life on Mars.

But perhaps that's exactly why they want him around... Hickman introduced the Chimera concept for a reason. But we have to wonder why Xavier might want it, IF that is his main reason for keeping Sinister around.
    the GCDs as seen in Hellions