Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Here's Shadow King saying the same thing. Also several cosmic marvel stories blamed HoM for the damage to reality Annihilation, the Fault and finally everyone got blame in Age of Ultron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-20-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Well, I do like Storm, but I don't see how that could work for me. Maybe I'll read it if I can get the book on sale or something – but I don't expect to have my mind blown or overall opinion changed about the book.
    Well, the issue where they dance is the night before the tournament. It is just saturnyne playing with them and allowing the two opposing sides to get to know each other. Its not a must read issue or anything but it does lead up to the fight with storm vs death which is epic. You would have to read it to see if it is worth it or not but i thought it showcased how bad ass storm is even when she is not fighting as well as showing other things like magik, cable, and gorgon scoping out how the other side operates. Overall, x of swords has a lot of layers to it and i think a lot of people miss out on the details because they just wanted to see the fights. Honestly, it is an entire other conversation entirely but yeah man i love that event. Its the little things that do it for me and the last few issues you do get the big fights that make the journey worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Here's Shadow King saying the same thing. Also several cosmic marvel stories blamed HoM for the damage to reality Annihilation, the Fault and finally everyone got blame in Age of Ultron
    Shadow king isnt even a multiversal being, realities can be all alternate timelines from 616 earth.

Secret wars disproves that Wanda "spell" was multiversal, she didn't gave powers back to mutants but made it possible new mutants culd be born.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-20-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Given the choice between Scarlet Witch being powerful enough to causally affect the multiverse or Beast, Forge, and a few others looking at some evidence and coming to the wrong conclusion, I fin it a lot easier to believe Beast and friends were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Given the choice between Scarlet Witch being powerful enough to causally affect the multiverse or Beast, Forge, and a few others looking at some evidence and coming to the wrong conclusion, I fin it a lot easier to believe Beast and friends were wrong.
    Wasn't Wanda being influenced/amplified by some external cosmic force or something? I swear there was something along those lines to retcon away the mistake Marvel barreled their way into. If so, it's possible she was able to effect other universes.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Well, the issue where they dance is the night before the tournament. It is just saturnyne playing with them and allowing the two opposing sides to get to know each other. Its not a must read issue or anything but it does lead up to the fight with storm vs death which is epic. You would have to read it to see if it is worth it or not but i thought it showcased how bad ass storm is even when she is not fighting as well as showing other things like magik, cable, and gorgon scoping out how the other side operates. Overall, x of swords has a lot of layers to it and i think a lot of people miss out on the details because they just wanted to see the fights. Honestly, it is an entire other conversation entirely but yeah man i love that event. Its the little things that do it for me and the last few issues you do get the big fights that make the journey worth it.
    I guess I just think that the premise and hype made a promise, and while I didn't get the event what I saw of it left me feeling that it probably failed to deliver. I'll give it a read, so I can give y'all a more informed opinion.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I'm here for Hickman and because of Hickman and his PoXHoX, so naturally I'll stick around. But right now I'm also worried cause he is not writing X-Men after #21 and I'm wondering if his new book is a way of stepping out and leaving all of the other creators take over or just another Secret Avenger type that is definitely crucial to the overarching narrative of the Krakoan era.

I'm reading X-Men, S.W.O.R.D., Hellions, Marauders and X-Force monthly but none of it was on the level of HoXPoX... yet. Which is worrying but I have patience since those books were just miles ahead of the competition and you just can't print something like that once every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Shadow king isnt even a multiversal being, realities can be all alternate timelines from 616 earth.

Secret wars disproves that Wanda "spell" was multiversal, she didn't gave powers back to mutants but made it possible new mutants culd be born.
    Secret Wars disapproves nothing. That is well after the spell was broken in AvX. There are multiple ways to get powers back re celestial technology or the M'Kraan Crystal or something like the cosmic cube. There are also very specific reasons for universes not being depoweredre the xgene is on a different chromosome.

It actually says universe by the omniscient narrator on the panel I posted.

All timelines from 616 would make it multiversal. Single universe and multiple universes. As pointed out to you multiple times each of those divergent timelines have Universe names
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-20-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Wasn't Wanda being influenced/amplified by some external cosmic force or something? I swear there was something along those lines to retcon away the mistake Marvel barreled their way into. If so, it's possible she was able to effect other universes.
    Yes the life force which is conveniently used as a defence for her by saying she was possessed. The life force is multiversal. This is why AoA Wandas warp was so short she didn't have the life force

Extraordinary Member

Saying Secret Wars disproves anything is like saying Cassandra Nova didn't kill anyone because they're alive on Krakoa now. And even if it was before AvX, it wasn't a true look at multiple universes, it was a new world with bits and pieces of dead universes stitched together into something new with everyone aware of the status quo of there being other versions of themselves and how Doom and Strange were running everything as gods. Like in Inferno where the world ended not far from the borders of New York. And with Doom being a literal god, is it that surprising he created a new world where one of his greatest mistakes when he was mortal never happened?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Saying Secret Wars disproves anything is like saying Cassandra Nova didn't kill anyone because they're alive on Krakoa now. And even if it was before AvX, it wasn't a true look at multiple universes, it was a new world with bits and pieces of dead universes stitched together into something new with everyone aware of the status quo of there being other versions of themselves and how Doom and Strange were running everything as gods. Like in Inferno where the world ended not far from the borders of New York. And with Doom being a literal god, is it that surprising he created a new world where one of his greatest mistakes when he was mortal never happened?
    Exactly

Also Shadow King travelled through universes as Wanda damaged all reality in such a way. And as for not being multiversal. Surprisingly Shadow King has been alleged to be multiversal.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-21-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Incredible Member

i think this is the age of apocalypse wanda being used here as an example
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanda...ne)_(Earth-295)

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m4st4 View Post
    I'm here for Hickman and because of Hickman and his PoXHoX, so naturally I'll stick around. But right now I'm also worried cause he is not writing X-Men after #21 and I'm wondering if his new book is a way of stepping out and leaving all of the other creators take over or just another Secret Avenger type that is definitely crucial to the overarching narrative of the Krakoan era.

I'm reading X-Men, S.W.O.R.D., Hellions, Marauders and X-Force monthly but none of it was on the level of HoXPoX... yet. Which is worrying but I have patience since those books were just miles ahead of the competition and you just can't print something like that once every few months.
    Hox/Pox definitely set a high bar. Fingers crossed that the unknown ending to Hickman's story makes it a worthy contender. It's hard to tell at this point, at least for me. I have more faith in him than the other writers. Some seem to be making the most of this era, while others seem to have stories that could have been told during a different era.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Of course it disproves, if they have powers there what Beast said was a lie. They are worlds saved by doom, he had no interestt on repower anyone

Not enough to make it multiversal, it was barely enough to do with most mutants on earth. Like magma wasn't affected but her boyfriend was
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-21-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Of course it disproves, if they have powers there what Beast said was a lie. They are worlds saved by doom, he had no interestt on repower anyone

Not enough to make it multiversal, it was barely enough to do with most mutants on earth. Like magma wasn't affected but her boyfriend was
    No it doesn't, secret wars was patches of universes pieced together. They had boundaries. And this also occured after AvX.

Magma was protected by Dr Strange and Emma, its clearly shown to have affected mutants in other universes. It's also stated several times on panel