Page 56 of 95 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 1417
  1. #826
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Da Souf
    Posts
    6,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It honestly makes discourse about the X-Men nearly impossible. Having assumptions before engaging in any conversation greatly demeans any chance of being open to opposing opinions or perspectives. For being books that tackle complex concepts, the discussions about them tend to go in one direction a majority of the time and that's a bit unfortunate.
    Ehhh conversations that lead with or are in the vein of:
    'Humans not allowed on KraKoa is racist"
    "Mutants wanting their own space from Humans KILLS Xavier's Dream"
    "There's no Mutant culture"
    "Mutants should meekly continue to exist"
    "Decimation only deoowered a few mutants"
    "..."
    "..."
    IMO aren't opposing opinions... they're sloppy attempts to spread false info and force X-Men into a narrative that fits in that posters ulterior ideas
    GrindrStone(D)

  2. #827
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhh conversations that lead with or are in the vein of:
    'Humans not allowed on KraKoa is racist"
    "Mutants wanting their own space from Humans KILLS Xavier's Dream"
    "There's no Mutant culture"
    "Mutants should meekly continue to exist"
    "Decimation only deoowered a few mutants"
    "..."
    "..."
    IMO aren't opposing opinions... they're sloppy attempts to spread false info and force X-Men into a narrative that fits in that posters ulterior ideas
    I don't think I specified a side/group with my original comment, but yes, a lot of these discussions do tend to go a certain direction more often than not. It's usually an extreme in either direction.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

    “Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

  3. #828
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Utopia wasn't treated like a nation by other people, it had no status or recognition. I think comparing Utopia, Genosha and Krakoa, is like comparing real world micronation, some small country like Estonia, and a big influential country like China. Their status, influence and treatment is completely different.

    And any antagonistic behavior I can remember was based on the fact that they are a strong nation now, other people and heroes can't just ignore them or treat them like in past, because now every mutant have a strong country backing them up. But many super-heroes are portrayed with a lack of respect for this new situation and so they get the bad reaction from X-Men. Like that scene when Dr. Strange teleported to Krakoa to talk with Magik and Cable told him that he has no right to be there. To me, it wasn't because Strange is a human, it was because he trespassed other nation's territory and then handwaved it with "I have more important things to do than play by your rules" behavior. So it is only natural that he wasn't welcomed.

    Although I would also like to see some prequel mini-series, or even one-shot, showing more about how exactly Krakoa was established and how various members of the X-Men reacted to it and decided to join it.
    We're just gonna end up arguing in circles about what constitutes a nation in this context, but I think what's most important is that they all functioned as a sanctuary and fortress for mutants against the rest of the world - except only Utopia was in a situation that demanded its existence.

    X-Men were acting cold or antagonistic to former friends or teammates or associates. Lack of respect? Respect is reciprocal and, beyond a basic level of respect, you can't demand it. You can say for you it wasn't because they're human, but don't they have a straight up law against humans on Krakoa?

    I wouldn't hold my breath for that mini-series; Marvel doesn't seem to care about telling that story, forget continuity, and plenty of readers don't seem to care either.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  4. #829
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhh conversations that lead with or are in the vein of:
    'Humans not allowed on KraKoa is racist"
    "Mutants wanting their own space from Humans KILLS Xavier's Dream"
    "There's no Mutant culture"
    "Mutants should meekly continue to exist"
    "Decimation only deoowered a few mutants"
    "..."
    "..."
    IMO aren't opposing opinions... they're sloppy attempts to spread false info and force X-Men into a narrative that fits in that posters ulterior ideas
    I don't think I've seen any serious person trying to push any of these talking points. If we just didn't assume the worst of others maybe we could actually discuss our differences of opinion and who knows, maybe even raise interesting questions to each other?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  5. #830
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Da Souf
    Posts
    6,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You can say for you it wasn't because they're human, but don't they have a straight up law against humans on Krakoa?
    Er No but there is a law to not to kill them... I wonder if the 616 has laws making it a hate crime to do harm to Mutants??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't think I've seen any serious person trying to push any of these talking points. If we just didn't assume the worst of others maybe we could actually discuss our differences of opinion and who knows, maybe even raise interesting questions to each other?
    Yeah that'd be nice and I try to see things from a posters differing opinion/interpretation. Unless They're trying push their own biased headcanon As fact I'm chill lol
    Last edited by BroHomo; 04-25-2021 at 02:07 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

  6. #831
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    To me, it wasn't because Strange is a human, it was because he trespassed other nation's territory and then handwaved it with "I have more important things to do than play by your rules" behavior. So it is only natural that he wasn't welcomed.
    It’s not like the X-men didn’t do that all the time: trespassing…

  7. #832
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    'Humans not allowed on KraKoa is racist"
    Krakoa’s rules treat differently humans and mutants: it’s racist by definition. I don’t know why you consider it open to interpretation.

  8. #833
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s not like the X-men didn’t do that all the time: trespassing…
    Yes, they do, and they are also not welcome there. When Marauders trespassed Brazil and later Russia, or when New Mutants trespassed Karnelia - they weren't welcome there, they were surrounded and attacked by soldiers. The X-Men do the same - protect their nation from unwelcome intruders.

  9. #834
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Krakoa’s rules treat differently humans and mutants: it’s racist by definition. I don’t know why you consider it open to interpretation.
    How do they treat humans differently? They don’t kill them?
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

  10. #835
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the island of Krakoa itself not want any humans to step foot on it? The fact that the land on which they walk has needs and wants is a big difference from other nations. It's not like Europe itself cares who lives there.

  11. #836
    BANNED Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Krakoa’s rules treat differently humans and mutants: it’s racist by definition. I don’t know why you consider it open to interpretation.
    Every human allowed on Krakoa is treated normal, How are they racist?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-25-2021 at 02:19 AM.

  12. #837
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Da Souf
    Posts
    6,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Yes, they do, and they are also not welcome there. When Marauders trespassed Brazil and later Russia, or when New Mutants trespassed Karnelia - they weren't welcome there, they were surrounded and attacked by soldiers. The X-Men do the same - protect their nation from unwelcome intruders.
    lol they were keeping their citizens safe innocent men women and children who were being killed.
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #838
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the island of Krakoa itself not want any humans to step foot on it? The fact that the land on which they walk has needs and wants is a big difference from other nations. It's not like Europe itself cares who lives there.
    It’s not Krakoa the entity, it’s more of a place mutants know they’re safe. 2 humans already live on Krakoa and many others have been there. I think sometimes the stuff Magneto and Apocalypse say is taken to be how all Krakoan’s feel. At the end of the day the country is giving away, for free*, life saving drugs.

    *to receive these drugs you have to recognize Krakoa as a sovereign nation. You can still be an asshole to them, but all you have to do is say sure, you’ve got a country now.
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

  14. #839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Krakoa’s rules treat differently humans and mutants: it’s racist by definition. I don’t know why you consider it open to interpretation.
    Its trespassing and not prejudice.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  15. #840
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Its trespassing and not prejudice.
    I didn’t say it was. The X-men has no room for talking about trespassing: they had this habit to feel above laws… and it is the case for any Marvel’s hero…

    It usually doesn’t bother anybody.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •