Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Investment in certain titles has waxed and waned but overall I'm the most pleased I've been about X-Content and the community interaction in ages.

I'm still blown away by which titles wound up being favorites and which proved less so -- and when I say "less so" that's not a dig by any means -- just varying levels of hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    They'd just reset things back to before Hickmans era, and pretend it would have no impact on the other properties.
    That's not going to happen. Even Chuck Austen has never just been wiped out of existence, and god knows sometimes I wish it was.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Jamie, since you're a Hickie fan, can I ask you how did he conclude his Avengers run?

Did he leave them changed or wiped the board clean after everything he did and basically left them in the same state as he had found them?
    Avengers is weird since he didn't have full control over all the characters. Spider-Man was possessed by Doc Ock so he kicked him off the team but Peter Parker was a major help in Secret Wars.

So he left the Richards in limbo and fixed Doctor Doom's face but yeah he left most of the characters how Marvel gave them to him.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I continue to love it. The most exciting the X-books have been in a long while.

Creative ideas that push the franchise forward. Love seeing the writers unified and actually trying to respect one another's stories and developments. No more character gets mind controlled three different times because clearly the writers couldn't be bothered to keep up with one another's stories.

The grand scheme of things is rather excellent.

However, many of the fine details (how certain books are being handled, X-Men working with known villains, and others) are really sore points for me to say “satisfied” just yet.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I continue to love it. The most exciting the X-books have been in a long while.

Creative ideas that push the franchise forward. Love seeing the writers unified and actually trying to respect one another's stories and developments. No more character gets mind controlled three different times because clearly the writers couldn't be bothered to keep up with one another's stories.
    Thanks for saving me the time to type it all up, I agree with every word. Not only am I immensely enjoying the new Hickman era, but I also love the "writers room" approach, the X-Slack, the sharing of ideas and characters cross-pollinating across titles. I hope this is the new status quo going forward and I'm happy the other big franchise in comics (Batman) is adopting this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That's not going to happen. Even Chuck Austen has never just been wiped out of existence, and god knows sometimes I wish it was.
    Writers mostly ignore that Aunsten ever wrote x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Writers mostly ignore that Aunsten ever wrote x-men
    What was probably his most derided story of all "Draco" still lives on however, with Azazel popping up from time to time and even appearing in a movie. That's a terrible sin someone needs to retcon away one day and replace with Nightcrawler's true origin story with Mystique and Destiny as his parents.

Nah. Mystique f**king the Devil is cash money.

Also adding Northstar to the team absolves him of any wrong doing.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nah. Mystique f**king the Devil is cash money.

Also adding Northstar to the team absolves him of any wrong doing.
    That's his one saving grace. I feel Northstar has been treated as a fully integrated X-Men character ever since and that's thanks for Chuckles (who wrote a very good story with Jean-Paul's introduction to the team btw)

I never answered OP's question.

I'm sticking around until the pay-off.

I feel like most of the complaints are from people not used to Hickman's work, Marvel or otherwise. Plus there are a lot of complaints about the character rosters and portrayals.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the slow drip (Avengers was 2 to 3 books a month) from Hickman's end and the quality of the other books varies too much. Like Excalibur's excitement around here looks like a sine graph; Fallen Angels had characters I liked but nothing happened; Brisson's New Mutants was a nothing burger; X of Swords didn't need all those issues and what the f**k is going on in Marauders? It's mostly X-Force and Wolverine been carrying me.
    "Cable was right!"

Fallen Angerls things def hapenned there,

I'm well used to hickman way of telling stories

It's the best the X-titles have been since Claremont's first run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    It's the best the X-titles have been since Claremont's first run.
    Claremont's first run is easily still the best. Right out of the gate(HOX/POX) it looked like Hickman was going to easily supplant Morrison for #2, but considering he's written more issues at this point with less overall impact[than Morrison], I think the New/X-treme Era is still firmly #2. I'm not sure Hickman can recover at this point, but I'll keep my eyes open to see what else he can bring to the table.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's the most exciting and forward thinking both in terms of story and behind the scenes workings that the X-Men have ever been in their entire history as a franchise