Page 61 of 95 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Hard to say.

Some, like Kyle, Northstar's husband, clearly live on the island full-time (although he's said to take a Krakoan gate to 'commute' to work, elsewhere).

Is he a citizen? On a sort of guest-visa? Who knows. Does Krakoa even have visas or passports or official citizenship records? When you visit, does some Krakoan stamp your passport? When a Krakoan officially visits another country, does their passport get stamped? (Officially visit, as in, actually bother to check in like a citizen of any other country and not just teleport or fly in and do whatever the hell they want and then just leave, as if they somehow owned the entire planet.)
    Only humans invited my mutants and in company of mutants can enter. So I think a visa is not needed, it is a very exclusive club.
    Mutants can go to every country alligned with krakoa, there is a lot of gates to have control of passports. Mutants are shown to enter freely any country

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Hard to say.

Some, like Kyle, Northstar's husband, clearly live on the island full-time (although he's said to take a Krakoan gate to 'commute' to work, elsewhere).

Is he a citizen? On a sort of guest-visa? Who knows. Does Krakoa even have visas or passports or official citizenship records? When you visit, does some Krakoan stamp your passport? When a Krakoan officially visits another country, does their passport get stamped? (Officially visit, as in, actually bother to check in like a citizen of any other country and not just teleport or fly in and do whatever the hell they want and then just leave, as if they somehow owned the entire planet.)
    Krakoa doesnt need a visa/passport bc they dont operate as a traditional country. Access to Krakoa is monitored by Saga who oversees the gates. Her powers allow her to keep track of who has access and has used them to enter/exit the country, which effectively replaces the need for a passport.

Considering the fact that humans can not use the gates without being accompanied by a mutant, its fairly easy to be accountable for the non-citizens on the island

Quote Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
    And my biggest beef is who are the villians? Vampires, the Russians, little kids and a group of old ladies. If heros are only as good as their villians maybe this is why the X-Men suck now.
    The whole X-Men part of the Marvel universe is very bland.
    Where did Magneto, Mystique, Exodus, Shaw, Shadow King, Mr. Sinister go? The "bad guys" are still bad guys. The bad guys aren't the "antagonist" in every story they are in now. There is nothing more bland Good vs Evil. It is interesting that X-characters have to interact with Mr. Sinister on a regular basis.

I'm not a fan of the Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine open relationship either. It seems like it emasculates Cyclops to me and Jean comes off selffish like she just using Cyclops and Wolverine.
    Both of them seem plenty happy to me. In fact they're even getting along after being at each others throats for years.

The whole X-Men part of the Marvel universe is very bland.
    Nah there's just too much flavor and y'all can't handle it . Kidding you're free to like or dislike whatever you want.

Spectacular Member

It seemed like with HoX it was off to a strong start & I really wondered WTF was going to happen... and it's ultimately been a whole bunch of nothing & I don't care at all. It's essentially the Utopia era all over again. Remember how every X-Men evah(!) was going to be there & would be used? Well here they are as panel wallpaper...again! Remember how this was going to be a brand new era like nothing before & enough of the doom/gloom? Well here's a bunch of shit nobody cares about while we buy time to make the X-Men hated/feared again! Oh? More new characters? Greaaaat

With the fandom it's also devolved very quickly into the tried & true: 1) Jean, Jean, Jean, why isn't Jean MORE important? Why do the writers HATE Jean? 2) Why isn't character XYZ that's already in a book not in 5 MORE books?! 3) Why isn't this mutant that made a 3 panel appearance in the teen X-book nobody read a decade ago not a main X-Man yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Both of them seem plenty happy to me. In fact they're even getting along after being at each others throats for years.
    None of it is true. Logan and Scott has been fine with each toher for years, this false narrative has to stop. And also Scott didn't looked any happy with seeing jean talking with Wolverine, so this is very disputed

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    None of it is true. Logan and Scott has been fine with each toher for years, this false narrative has to stop. And also Scott didn't looked any happy with seeing jean talking with Wolverine, so this is very disputed
    What false narrative? Maybe they made up in Rosenberg’s run (I didn’t read it), but during Bendis’ run Wolverine literally lunged at Teen Scott without hesitation. Besides that they’d both been dead for a couple years.

When? Scott and Logan spent the better part of the era before they both died fighting and hating on each other. They became teammates again 6 months before HOX, so its false to claim that they've been fine for years unless you are counting the current era which has them on better terms

What false narrative? Maybe they made up in Rosenberg’s run (I didn’t read it), but during Bendis’ run Wolverine literally lunged at Teen Scott without hesitation. Besides that they’d both been dead for a couple years.
    Rosenberg wrote them with a bit of animosity (more Logan towards Scott). Both let the beef die bc they had bigger fish to fry. I wouldnt call them close at all in that run but they got to a point where they could be teammates without fighting. Just a few digs here and there
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-26-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When? Scott and Logan spent the better part of the era before they both died fighting and hating on each other. They became teammates again 6 months before HOX, so its false to claim that they've been fine for years unless you are counting the current era which has them on better terms

That was because of schism, that was a philosophical and ethical dilemma, Jean was long dead when it happened. Even read the books?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Rosenberg wrote them with a bit of animosity (more Logan towards Scott). Both let the beef die bc they had bigger fish to fry. I wouldnt call them close at all in that run but they got to a point where they could be teammates without fighting. Just a few digs here and there
    From what I've witnessed in this era watching their interactions, this poly thing is just one in a hundred power kegs waiting to explode. If you've been paying attention to Scott's reaction when Jean and Logan are interacting, it speaks a lot more than that moment with 2 guys chilling trying to make this weird poly crap less awkward during the Crucible event. I've been seeing Jean give favorable treatment to Logan for the longest time and it looks like this whole thing is on Jean's terms than fully consensual or else Scott wouldn't be trying to be a wallflower.

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    From what I've witnessed in this era watching their interactions, this poly thing is just one in a hundred power kegs waiting to explode. If you've been paying attention to Scott's reaction when Jean and Logan are interacting, it speaks a lot more than that moment with 2 guys chilling trying to make this weird poly crap less awkward during the Crucible event. I've been seeing Jean give favorable treatment to Logan for the longest time and it looks like this whole thing is on Jean's terms than fully consensual or else Scott wouldn't be trying to be a wallflower.
    Jean initiative? this would be bullshit from the writers, unfortunaly it is very established how she only had eyes for Scott before hoxpox.
    This shouldn't be taken seriously, they will never get answers for this. It's just cheap way for trying to sell books on polemic that failed so badly

That was because of schism, that was a philosophical and ethical dilemma, Jean was long dead when it happened. Even read the books?
    First of all calm down. Your need to constantly try to put other people down is getting old.

Second, I literally just said that they were at each other’s throats and now they’re getting along better. I didn’t say they were at each other’s throats because of Jean and I am WELL aware of schism.

What are you talking about? Yes Scott nad Logan were at odds after Schism. They were fighting for years and we did not get them on the same page until 2019 during Rosenberg's run and Hickman's. You are acting like they had stopped fighting for years when thats not true. The false narrative is what you are writing

I dont see Logan getting favorable treatment. If anything he is a side dude. Scott is her husband and where her heart lies. I think its been clear that they are a unit and love is shared between them. I see no romantic love with Logan and all we've seen so far is an attraction thats sexual and it ends there
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-26-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Jean initiative? this would be bullshit from the writers, unfortunately it is very established how she only had eyes for Scott before hoxpox.
    This shouldn't be taken seriously, they will never get answers for this. It's just cheap way for trying to sell books on polemic that failed so badly
    I'm only speaking on what the panels imply and say, not what I think the writer's intentions are, and it wouldn't be surprising for the writers to pull the curtain over and restart the shipping drama again for cheap and quick book sales cause unfortunately, this is what Jean is reduced to when the Phoenix is no longer in the picture...the pretty and perfect Mary Sue love interest of two guys fighting for her attention.

Hard not to be at least suspect when everything else in this era is likely to go wrong sooner or later when Fall of X comes out.

If this is what Jean is worth when alive, she'd be better off dead until some brave writer decides to say **** it and have Jean divorce Scott and ditch Logan and go solo to find herself when the X-Men and Phoenix aren't in the picture. However, I feel its "too woke" for Hickman and the rest of the writers to go this route.
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 04-26-2021 at 03:17 PM.

First of all calm down. Your need to constantly try to put other people down is getting old.

Second, I literally just said that they were at each other’s throats and now they’re getting along better. I didn’t say they were at each other’s throats because of Jean and I am WELL aware of schism.
    They got along just fine before it, but it is wrong use a crap story to justify other crap story

I'm only speaking on what the panels imply and say, not what the writers are thinking, and it wouldn't be surprising for the writers to pull the curtain over and restart the shipping drama again for cheap and quick book sales cause unfortunately, this is what Jean is reduced to when the Phoenix is no longer in the picture...the pretty and perfect Mary Sue love interest of two guys fighting for her attention. If this is what Jean is worth when alive, she'd be better off dead until some brave writer decides to say **** it, divorce Scott and ditch Logan and go solo to find herself when the X-Men and Phoenix aren't in the picture. However, I feel its "too woke" for Hickman and the rest of the writers to go this route.
    Man! what a perfect post you just wrote.

X-men writers are always afraid of Jean getting power and eclipsing the male characters, it started with Byrne and continues with Hickman