Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
I've enjoyed his writing so far story-wise, though I am concerned with how long the overarching story can maintain the audience's attention now that the book has switched from biweekly to monthly shipping. Can we assume that The Magistrate is the overarching villain of Tynion's run? If we consider that Tynion has said in his news letters he's got a couple more years to go before he's done (assuming late 2023/early 2024, consistent with Snyder's and King's runs being ~4 years long each) there'll be 32 more issues of his run. I'm not sure The Magistrate has the power to go through five TPB volumes, I'm reminded how Superheavy got cut short.

Plus Tynion has already set it up so that there'll be a Joker War sequel, which I assume is will be the bookend of his run.
God I hope we don't have to go through two to three more years of this. I hope the sales tank so we can get a good writer. Also, I wouldn't mind a few years of short runs like five or six issues per writer. This multi year epics have run their course. I've gone since 2016 without a writer I enjoy on my favourite book. Not every person is going to like every writer/artist. Now giving a grant Morrison or a brubaker multiple years makes sense because they're phenomenal but snyder/king/tynion don't really deserve these multi year epics. It's getting crazy.

Give a writer half a year to do a small arc, maybe a couple tie ins or one shots and move on. That way we don't need urban legends and other anthology style books. Zdarsky, priest ect can come one for small runs and then wait to give a writer who deserves a multi year run a run. We are not even half way of tynions run and I want it over.