Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The unfortunate thing about that plan is that the only people who will notice is the comic book shop you buy the issues from, since you yourself aren't buying from DC directly. And if you buy the collected edition vs. the individual issues, that's still sort of supporting Tynion as a writer.

The only thing that DC would notice is if there's a massive drop in orders from comic book shops for Tynion's Batman or if there's massive social media backlash.
    Except my shop usually has the collected editions used fairly quickly after they are released and have excellent buy two used and get one free deal. They also know I'm one of the only people who take advantage of this and I'm the resident bat nerd in my town so when the used comes in they immediately message me and ask me if I need it so.....not supporting him I'm piggybacking on some one else.

I suspect that we this goes along there will be a drop because 1) it's bad and 2) every where I have read, including the main boards are all saying they barely have any dc books on their pull lists. Maybe I'm just trying to justify my hope. Who knows, we will see.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Except my shop usually has the collected editions used fairly quickly after they are released and have excellent buy two used and get one free deal. They also know I'm one of the only people who take advantage of this and I'm the resident bat nerd in my town so when the used comes in they immediately message me and ask me if I need it so.....not supporting him I'm piggybacking on some one else.

I suspect that we this goes along there will be a drop because 1) it's bad and 2) every where I have read, including the main boards are all saying they barely have any dc books on their pull lists. Maybe I'm just trying to justify my hope. Who knows, we will see.
    Hey, it is fair to voice your disdain for the title.This is a message board where people can voice their opinions..that siad, there are literally so many different Batman books you can check out right now if you really aren't feeling this run. TomTaylor just started a new batman book this week!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hey, it is fair to voice your disdain for the title.This is a message board where people can voice their opinions..that siad, there are literally so many different Batman books you can check out right now if you really aren't feeling this run. TomTaylor just started a new batman book this week!

I read it. I liked it. I think for me I need to just stop with floppies. It's expensive and I double dip and buy collected editions. The hardest part has resisting the urge to pick them up. It sucks waiting months to read however I have started going back and reading my HC and trades from the beginning of post crisis and it's just so glaring to me how much better that stuff is then king and tynions run which makes it easier to not buy. Having said all this I think it's more than fair for me to not comment in this thread anymore unless I have a change of heart of something insane happens in tynions run that has a major impact. I've said what I need to say. As you were nerds!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I kinda like Ghostmaker.

I really liked Tynion's run on Detective Comics but I find this aggressively stupid.

Nothing makes any sense at least not in a logical or fun or trippy or even comic book nonsense way, it's just "this is what I need to happen and if you question it, Joker's crazy is a essentially superpower that allows also him to write the book because Joker is the best! Buy Joker!" I mean I can't say I hate it, there's not enough substance to hate. It's just 5 minutes of my time gone and, the terrible Joker War aside, it's pretty much forgotten.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!