Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for this to be the case? Bruce can't exactly hire out that kind of work, so it would make sense for it to be easy for one person to work on, even if the tools are custom.
    It really depends on the design of the vehicle. Vehicles that are easy to be maintained have simplistic design. However there is still the question of materials.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-28-2021 at 07:54 AM.

Censorship Sucks

i found it to be boring. I was on board for Joker War, but found that story to be so derivative and lacking in creative flair, I dropped it and have not missed it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm more interested in Detective Comics since he's building his Batcave in the sewers manually and there's a look on his neighbors and relationship with fellow rich people.

I know Tynion's going for the overall look of the plot for The Magistrate, but he also wanted Bruce to be less of a billionaire, and right now that look into his new personal life, the interesting part for me, because that's the big change, is handled by Tamaki.

Those personal things should be in Batman, or ideally more balanced between the personal and the plot. Right now all the personal stuffs is in DC while the plot is in Batman. It's weird, and also against my policy of having to buy two series starring the same character. At this point my choice is Detective. It doesn't help I have zero interest on The Magistrate.

^This right here. The most recent issue of Detective Comics is what I'd like to see more of.
    While Tynion's Batman run has had more misses than hits for me, I do like where he has put Bruce and I'm hoping good/ more "traditional" stories come from it.

Incredible Member

Solidly C-, i.e. it could be much worse. A writer like Tynion has a place on a publisher's roster. For a baseball analogy, I see him as an innings eater as a 4th starter in a quality rotation; not spectacular -- at all -- but if he didn't exist, you'll burn out your bullpen.

I'll go with a B+ or a bit above average. I've enjoyed his run so far. It is a breath of classic approach fresh air after the King debacle.

Also, what he's done with the new character of Punchline is nothing short of amazing, IMO. From her design to her character arc to the meta-narrative I adore everything about Punchline. She is my new twisted waifu.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    . . . what he's done with the new character of Punchline is nothing short of amazing, IMO. From her design to her character arc to the meta-narrative I adore everything about Punchline. She is my new twisted waifu.
    Uh, who was your old "waifu"?

Safe. Or to phrase it another way, dull.

BANNED

I've read comments from other sites. In Joker war, Harley shot the Joker in the eye but somehow didnt choose to kill the guy right on spot? Did Harley believe her aim was that good enough to not kill the Joker? Then she forced Batman to choose between saving her from her own bomb and saving the Joker from her bomb, which means that she intended to kill Joker? So basically Harley's whole motive was to make Batman choose to let Joker killed by her bomb, not killing the Joker by her own self? When has Harley wanted to change Batman's moral viewpoint more than to finish off the Joker by herself?
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-28-2021 at 01:38 PM.

BANNED

Then there is the problem with one upping the Joker. Joker causing mass chaos in a city is a story that had been told before. Joker's venom was like only to make people laugh and die. But it has now become a dangerous chemical weapon that can induce hallucinations, make people (including JL members) become Joker like. Now he has a tech to reanimate dead corpses and some other Batman's tech. How many tech and gases would you give Joker before he becomes another kind of villain? Also he knows the identities of Batfam members but doesnt go after them? Does Tynion get Joker when he wrote that Joker sees everyone else other than Batman as dead? No. In fact, Joker sees himself as a performer. His name is the Joker.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-29-2021 at 05:53 AM.

Bluebird

The Punchline/Bluebird thing has got my interest, and the inevitable showdown should be fun.

BANNED

Batman has a no kill code. Everyone knows this. Batman is very commited to fight againt those that commit murder. This is easy to understand. However what is most important about Batman is that he stands for law & order. So if he sees a person gets attacked by someone and then that person ends up killing their attacker, he would actually be fine with that because he knows its for self-defense. What Batman isnt okay with is seeing a person killing other criminals for a non self defense purpose.

Batman would not be against Clownhunter killing the Joker's goons that were attacking Clownhunter's neighborhood during Joker war but after that Batman would not be okay with Clownhunter going around to kill other criminals. Batman gave Clownhunter a warning so that he would not target other criminals & kill them. Then the teenager still targeted other criminals & killed them after Joker war.

Ghostmaker was also responsible for the killings of criminals after Joker war. But it seems like Ghostmaker only kills the kind of criminals that already committed murder. It seems like Ghostmaker killed only killers, not other types of criminals like arsonists, thieves.

But ultimately did all these criminals that were killed after Joker war by Clownhunter & Ghostmaker deserve death sentence? No. So why did Batman let these 2 off the hook? They acted above the law but Batman doesnt bring them to justice?
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-29-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh, who was your old "waifu"?
    Circe for DC.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Boring and inconsistent.
    I’d really want to like Tynion work but this is always the feeling I have with his writing.

BANNED

Joker War used big names to draw sales but were they well utilized?

Penguin ended up hospitalized. I dont remember what else he did other than bailing out Catwoman.
    Harley helped aiding Batman when he was at his most vulnerable while other Batfam members were doing nothing (and people tell me how useful they are)
    The action from Deathstroke vs Batman fight was skipped over or interrupted
    Riddler was a gimmick villain

I've seen other folks complain about how Lucius Fox went from being one of Batman's trusted confidants to being a guy who basically stole most of Bruce's fortune and will likely help sponsoring the Magistrate in the future. Lucius Fox - the guy whose job is to aid Bruce in his finance is the guy who took most of Bruce's money and will likely betray the Batfam.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-07-2021 at 12:04 AM.

I've enjoyed his writing so far story-wise, though I am concerned with how long the overarching story can maintain the audience's attention now that the book has switched from biweekly to monthly shipping. Can we assume that The Magistrate is the overarching villain of Tynion's run? If we consider that Tynion has said in his news letters he's got a couple more years to go before he's done (assuming late 2023/early 2024, consistent with Snyder's and King's runs being ~4 years long each) there'll be 32 more issues of his run. I'm not sure The Magistrate has the power to go through five TPB volumes, I'm reminded how Superheavy got cut short.

Plus Tynion has already set it up so that there'll be a Joker War sequel, which I assume is will be the bookend of his run.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.