View Poll Results: Which of these Marvel events was your favorite?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • House of M

13 18.31%
  • Civil War

15 21.13%
  • Secret Invasion

6 8.45%
  • Siege

5 7.04%
  • Fear Itself

2 2.82%
  • Avengers vs. X-Men

2 2.82%
  • Age of Ultron

2 2.82%
  • Infinity

26 36.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favorite Marvel event

I'm talking the big Avengers-centric events starting from around 2004, rather than things like Second Coming, Annihilation, or Spider-Island. Just curious to see which of these people favor the most. I didn't include Dark Reign because it didn't have a core miniseries tied to it.

Also, you can use whatever criteria you like to define "favorite" -- maybe favorite to you means best core miniseries, or maybe to you that means best tie-ins or best overall feel.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'll go with Infinity. It started of a bit slow but got better as it went on and more importantly it didn't feel all over the place which a lot of the events tend to feel like.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I enjoyed Civil War the most from those. It had a bit of a improbable premise but the scope was huge and it all feeled so epic. My favorite Marvel Event is still Annihilation though
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Taking out Annihilation (and Conquest and such) probably Infinity. The story was massive and justified being an "event". Obviously it had Avengers at the core but included all those cool cosmic characters we don't get to see very often and introduced the awesome Black Order. Plus with Cheung, Weaver and Opeña on art it was just so pretty to look at.

World War Hulk, Siege and Original Sin are tied behind Infinity.

I can't stand events. But I guess I'll go with Annihilation Conquest (even though I don't really see it as an event)
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Of the options listed, Infinity. But all-time, probably Acts of Vengeance. Simple concept, led to a lot of good (and mostly self-contained) stories.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

I liked Secret Invasion. When I was getting back into comics, I had a few Avengers crossover issues and a couple of the main series, and I was pretty freaked out by how
    bad off the heroes were in those books. I have to admit that as a whole, Secret Invasion didn't turn out great, though. The ending seemed rushed and too neat, but the beginning,
    particularly when you really didn't know who was who, was fantastic.

I like all events. They are bonus reading material to me.

Extraordinary Member

I have skipped many of these but I recall enjoying House of M at the time, although I am primarily an Uncanny X-Men reader. I thought most of the tie-ins were interesting alternate reality stories.

Civil War and House of M
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Haven't read Siege and I never finished Age of Ultron, but out of the ones listed, I'd pick Infinity. A lot of events lose momentum after a while, but Infinity never did for me. Annihilation's another favorite.

Amazing Member

Out of the ones listed, House of M just a notch over Civil War.

I got back into comics thanks to Civil war, and then trying to get back issues to fill the gap i just loved House of M.

Recently i agree that among the "events", Infinity has the most epic/event feel as siege seemed a bit dumb and rushed for me in order to wrap up the dark reign and start the heroic age.
    did not get into Fear Itself and as PAT THOMAS said the begining of Secret Invasion was solid but seemed less so towards the end.

And have no real love or comment on AvX....

But i am enjoying Original Sin as it does have a different feel to it and a lot less "Blockbustery".

But being more an X-men/Spidey fan ( i do like the avengers as well), i really loved the messiah trilogy or Spider Island (SpiderVerse seems awesome)

and Axis intrigues me.

All-New Member

The infinity saga is in my read list on unlimited, I read the main arc of civil war but not the tie ins so I dont have a complete opinion on that, I am reading avengers vs xmen right now which is a damn good storyline, when in the world did Scott summers turn somewhat evil

House of M was a pretty good story too

All-New Member

Peter parkers a movie star? Magneto is leader of the world with mutants? Hulk leads Australia? House of M by far for me

Of these, probably Age of Ultron. It was a genuinely well-crafted story, exploring some complex and interesting themes.

Civil War was badly designed, House of M was actually pretty good, Secret Invasion was a disappointment, Siege was at least honest about its purpose (big dumb action movie) rather than aspiring to something meaningful, Fear Itself was crap, AvX was unbalanced and had Wolverine wearing a polar bear in Antarctica, and Infinity was absolute shit.

Infinity was unquestionably the best with regards to the big summer event tradition Marvel is into.