Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Immortus vs Vandal Savage

Both get 100 years of prep.

Who'd win?

Probably the one who is not only a genius-level scientist in various disciplines even among comics geniuses, but is also able to turn that 100 years into an almost infinite amount of time.

Or set up a chronal trigger to auto-time-dump the other right at the bell.

I don't think that Immortus would be alive after 100 years of prep. Despite his name, he is not immortal. Sure, future tech helped him live a long life, but he is still baseline human. Vandal Savage _is_ immortal, so he should be ready to fight after 100 years of prep. However, if Immortus managed to live long enough to show up, he has a big tech advantage. Aside from the technology difference, Vandal is better at everything else: faster, stronger, tough as hell, lots of skills, and lots of fighting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I don't think that Immortus would be alive after 100 years of prep. Despite his name, he is not immortal. Sure, future tech helped him live a long life, but he is still baseline human. Vandal Savage _is_ immortal, so he should be ready to fight after 100 years of prep. However, if Immortus managed to live long enough to show up, he has a big tech advantage. Aside from the technology difference, Vandal is better at everything else: faster, stronger, tough as hell, lots of skills, and lots of fighting experience.
    Yes, but Immortus can do the prep he needs then shorten the remaining time to a moment.

From what I remember, dude used his tech to make himself immortal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Wouldn't the prep they get take place within their main headquarters?

For Immortus that would be Limbo, and IIUC, any amount of time in Limbo can be stretched out to infinite time, I think. Also, Limbo grants him access to all time periods.

Don't know where Vandal's HQ is. I thought it was merely on his own Earth, far more limited. Although in 100 years, I suppose he could use sorcery to summon massive demon/chaos lord armies and so forth.

Maybe this would turn into the battle of the future-tech armies vs the chaos lord armies?

But Vandal has no way of combatting being time-dumped into the Big Bang.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't see how Immortus loses this without massive PIS. And since we don't use PIS, well, he wins.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Would the power up Savage got in that Superman storyline a few years ago mean anything to his chances? Gaining access to the comet that empowered him gave him Superman level powers. With a hundred years of prep he could find that comet, mainline the power for potentially millenia if he boosts his intelligence to levels comparable to Immortus and sire a entire nation of superpowered descendants.

Immortus probably still wins, but it becomes more of a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Would the power up Savage got in that Superman storyline a few years ago mean anything to his chances? Gaining access to the comet that empowered him gave him Superman level powers. With a hundred years of prep he could find that comet, mainline the power for potentially millenia if he boosts his intelligence to levels comparable to Immortus and sire a entire nation of superpowered descendants.

Immortus probably still wins, but it becomes more of a fight?
    The nation of superpowered descendants wouldn't be allowed in the rumble, but the Superman powerset could offer Savage an immediate win via blitz.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The nation of superpowered descendants wouldn't be allowed in the rumble, but the Superman powerset could offer Savage an immediate win via blitz.
    Immortus with 100 years prep laughs at your dc brick speedblitz.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

You can't speedblitz somebody that's frozen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You can't speedblitz somebody that's frozen time.
    What about Sentry? Doesn't he operate, like, three seconds ahead of time? Whatever that means.

What about Sentry? Doesn't he operate, like, three seconds ahead of time? Whatever that means.
    I have no idea what that means and I'm pretty sure the person who wrote it doesn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I have no idea what that means and I'm pretty sure the person who wrote it doesn't either.
    It does seem ridiculous. But so does the notion of Immortus living in a timeless limbo. You can't have causality without time, and without causality, you can't have technology.