Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I do hope, if Wallis Day doesn't get to become Batwoman any time on this show, that she's the first person they consider when Batwoman is inevitably rebooted for the big-screen.

She's only around 26 now, so if we get a Batwoman movie sometime within the next decade, which is very likely, she should be age-appropriate.
    Well, though not Batwoman on the show - the interview revealed she that she gets to ride the Bat-bike, and make-out with Sophie, and have twin moments with Alice.

Kate's new face is like a sticker! Bwahahaha!

Amazing Member

I mean its a explenation for why she looks different...but what in gods name are those showrunners and writers smoking?
    Just recast and act like its a no brainer...despite what they might think, the audience arent a bunch of monkeys asking for bananas...people are able to accept a simple recast.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    I mean its a explenation for why she looks different...but what in gods name are those showrunners and writers smoking?
    Just recast and act like its a no brainer...despite what they might think, the audience arent a bunch of monkeys asking for bananas...people are able to accept a simple recast.
    Yeah, it's weird.

They obviously will find a way to make it permanent though - otherwise in universe it wouldn't make sense to not just give her back her old face back later on.

Plus, now Kate looks like Cerci Sionis for the rest of her life (however long that may be), and Cerci just happens to look a lot like Alice. I kinda knew they'd use Alice to make a new face, though I expected it to be more of a proper surgery.

Also thought maybe Alice was going to make Kate/Cerci look more like Alice as some kind of arrogance/revenge thing. But only because of the resemblance between the actors:

It is a very strange show.

Amazing Member

Its so strange that she now noticed the eyes, but not when they were up close and the Eyes were the only thing visible.
    The Writing is one of the shows biggest problems next to the showrunner.

I still remember when it was first annouced, how excited i was.
    I really thought we would get something Sin City like a bit, something mature that does the material justice...man how wrong i was on that.XD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Yeah, it's weird.

They obviously will find a way to make it permanent though - otherwise in universe it wouldn't make sense to not just give her back her old face back later on.

Plus, now Kate looks like Cerci Sionis for the rest of her life (however long that may be), and Cerci just happens to look a lot like Alice. I kinda knew they'd use Alice to make a new face, though I expected it to be more of a proper surgery.

Also thought maybe Alice was going to make Kate/Cerci look more like Alice as some kind of arrogance/revenge thing. But only because of the resemblance between the actors:

It is a very strange show.
    I think Kate and Circe looked similar to begin with, because Ruby Rose and Wallis Day look pretty similar. For a second, I could have sworn it was Ruby Rose on-screen...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Its so strange that she now noticed the eyes, but not when they were up close and the Eyes were the only thing visible.
    The Writing is one of the shows biggest problems next to the showrunner.

I still remember when it was first annouced, how excited i was.
    I really thought we would get something Sin City like a bit, something mature that does the material justice...man how wrong i was on that.XD
    Oh, I remember in the early days I was super excited too, I was so thrilled that Kate Kane was going to be in live action! Now, beyond a curiosity of what strange thing they do next (which is oddly entertaining), I don't much care for her (live-action version) anymore. I suspect this is how many Daredevil and Green Lantern fans may have felt after those (reportedly, I haven't seen either) embarrassing films. At least Daredevil got a good series a while later, which I must get around to watching one day.

Speaking of curiosity, what do we think this caste is for?

It is probably for the mask we've seen her in already, but I'm hoping it's for something else. It'd be nice if it was for either The Question or Flamebird. Or it could be something else entirely, or something new. I think The Question and Flamebird both fit thematically though - faceless/mysterious or rebirth/phoenix. But of course, considering what the writing is like, I'm hoping for something good and expecting something stupid and inappropriate. Nah, it's probably just for the 2 masks we've already seen (the white mask, and the face replacement).

So going by promos Kate will finally wake-up in Ep.16, so I'll be on the lookout for clips:

And Luke will soon IMHO have a better looking suit than Batwoman: https://deadline.com/2021/06/batwoma...ok-1234771472/

Rumor has it Kate is getting some kind of new identity next season too. Probably a matter of time until Mary suits-up. And I'd guess they'll bring Spoiler aboard too. I don't believe this will make the show any better quality though, but I do like seeing the suits. Generally speaking the ones in Titans tend to be better looking than the Arrowverse ones, but anyway.

Also, since Kate's new face is a mask, does that mean her face can get punched-off, like apparently happened to Hush in the season premier?

[Edit] Just occurred to me, seeing as in the promo Kate is in an all black suit with a hood, and was previously in a white mask (upon becoming Circe) - could she be Red X? It makes no sense I know, but the CW made Jimmy Olsen the Guardian, so...
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-12-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Meh:

Since I found and watched these Kate clips, I figured I might as well post them here in (seemingly) chronological order, for others interested in just the Kate parts:

Alice & Jacob capture Kate:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkL1aysD1mw

Jacob confirms Kate's DNA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH9bF6-zjLA

Mary is told Kate is alive:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPJQl15khdE

Ryan finds Kate:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Hwaot2RA0

Luke is told Kate is alive:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=572l2UJZNtg

Same clip as previous post:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkFPf9oaVs

More Kate and Sophie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1_Qgv6-kYw

Kate ending scene of episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khciTT9HwGw

I'm thinking now the Kane family might get booted from the show next season (away from Gotham), to recover from their collective brain trauma.

Okay, one additional scene:

I feel like the child actor is outperforming the adult cast.
    The kid was great in 'The Man in the High Castle' though, so not surprising.

Extended version of the reunion scene at Wayne Tower:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFRvg9eZOX8

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So going by promos Kate will finally wake-up in Ep.16, so I'll be on the lookout for clips:

And Luke will soon IMHO have a better looking suit than Batwoman: https://deadline.com/2021/06/batwoma...ok-1234771472/

Rumor has it Kate is getting some kind of new identity next season too. Probably a matter of time until Mary suits-up. And I'd guess they'll bring Spoiler aboard too. I don't believe this will make the show any better quality though, but I do like seeing the suits. Generally speaking the ones in Titans tend to be better looking than the Arrowverse ones, but anyway.

Also, since Kate's new face is a mask, does that mean her face can get punched-off, like apparently happened to Hush in the season premier?

[Edit] Just occurred to me, seeing as in the promo Kate is in an all black suit with a hood, and was previously in a white mask (upon becoming Circe) - could she be Red X? It makes no sense I know, but the CW made Jimmy Olsen the Guardian, so...
    I agree about Mary - she is the show's counterpart of Bette Kane, Flamebird, after all (they just didn't call her Bette because Alice's real name is Beth). And they do tend to turn into team shows around the third season (Arrow had Speedy, Black Canary, and Spartan by then and had already lost Arsenal, Flash had Killer Frost, Kid Flash, and Vibe, Supergirl had Martian Manhunter and Mon-El). A team consisting of Batwoman, Spoiler, Batwing, Flamebird and whatever Kate becomes would be logical. I wouldn't expect them all to be in the field at once though, as someone would need to man the comms, and now that Batwing is a thing they'll have to find a way to cover that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A team consisting of Batwoman, Spoiler, Batwing, Flamebird and whatever Kate becomes would be logical. I wouldn't expect them all to be in the field at once though, as someone would need to man the comms, and now that Batwing is a thing they'll have to find a way to cover that.
    Or since they're doing a parallel thing with Kate and Alice, and apparently redeeming Alice, I could see them swapping them-out with Kate being the evil twin everyone is trying to save (and causing havoc in the city). I would not put it past them. This is by the same network that had Superman continually tell Supergirl that she is better than him - because apparently they weren't allowed to be equals.

Another Wallis Day interview:

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I really like the new storyline with Kate and Alice. The end of this season hasnt been bad at all. I really like it!