Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Batwoman TV Series has Recast Kate Kane

WTF!? >_<

https://deadline.com/2021/03/batwoma...cw-1234718851/

Whatever, I don't even follow the Arrowverse anymore, but considering Wallis Day was the popular fan-recast for Kate it looks like they are just looking for a boost in ratings.
    Are they trying to have things both ways - the fan choice for Kate whilst having their own OC Batwoman (Ryan).

The whole thing just looks like they have no idea what they want to do or how to handle it. Back when they changed the lead they said they wouldn't recast Kate Kane out of "respect" for Ruby Rose's work. It'd take a while to find the old interviews, but I remember that being stated clearly at the time.

Personally, I'm not going to start watching to see an injured new-Kate be a side-character. But since the weirdness around the show is IMHO far more entertaining than the actual show itself - I'll be on the lookout to see what production dramas happen next.

Production Dramas so far:

• Backlash to original Kate casting "not gay enough"
    • Backlash to Trailer "when it fits a woman", though this line never made it into the actual show
    • Original lead develops spinal injury during pilot, has major surgery (the actress posted the videos of the actual surgery on youtube for those interested). Also apparently she was pressured to work only 10 days after the surgery, when apparently people usually have a few months to recover (it was in one of the video interviews where she talks about it)
    • Original lead has allergic reaction to cowl
    • Production Assistant has part of set collapse onto her, becomes paraplegic (which is horrendous)
    • Original lead quits
    • Fans do a fan-cast of Wallis Day as new lead
    • New OC Batwoman announced + subsequent backlash
    • New/remaining fans become comfortable with new lead
    • Wallis Day cast as new-Kate Kane, Ryan to stay as Batwoman
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 03-27-2021 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some things