Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Well, I'm just about done with all of this and gotten my fill of entertainment, haha.

Needless to say, the Batwoman Reddit is full of angry rants again, I'd guess almost as much as the last time (when the OC was announced) which is pretty impressive considering how much smaller the fanbase is these days. Anyway, seems the actress is less than pleased with the experience as well (apparently she was strung along, which sounds plausible at least). Considering they made a new suit for her that she wore for less than 5 minutes...surely they made it with the intention for it to actually get used.

Since she retweeted this, I'd guess she's a little bitter:
    ProbablyBitter.jpg

For the record I'm not enjoying that people and the actress are upset - I'm amused by the level of incompetence of the showrunners and writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Not sure if I can be bothered to look for clips this time.

Anyway, word is Dougray Scott (Jacob Kane) and Wallis Day (Kate Kane) won't be back next season and are written-out.
    Jacob got tossed into prison for Alice's crimes or something weird like that a couple of eps back, and Kate is 'cured' but off to Capital City to see Kara again, and then off searching for her cousin Bruce Wayne. I suppose this means the OC will continue to live in Kate's apartment and work in her Bar, and all the other really weird story choices. Such a strange show.
    Yeah, really weird way of leaving off with the Kane family.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I have a sinking feeling Alice’s think about Ryan’s mother is the lead in to a convoluted retcon
    Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    My first instinct was they'd introduce a CW version of Mother (the big bad from Batman & Robin Eternal).
    I think they're going to make her biological mom Poison Ivy.
    Apparently Christina Wolfe (Julia Pennyworth) isn't coming back either. Weird that the character was apparently brainwashed and abandoned though. I don't really care, but Team Bat seem like a bunch of unheroic jerks.
    Which is weird because they seemed to completely forget about her after Engima mind-wiped her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, really weird way of leaving off with the Kane family.
    It's like they want Kate's fanbase to stay, but they think she's a threat to their OC, so they brought Kate back to prop their OC-up. Either go all in, or don't at all. They should have commit to one or the other because trying to have it both ways meant they unnecessarily baited Kate fans again.

This headline kinda says it all:
    ‘Batwoman’ Lost Kate Kane, Replaced Kate Kane, Recast Kate Kane And Now Cut Kate Kane Again
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=3b038a6c2eb4

IMO what they apparently did to Day is unkind, judging by interviews they seem to have messed her around, and I suspect they in part did it because knowing she was the fan-cast meant she'd temporarily bring in an audience boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is weird because they seemed to completely forget about her after Engima mind-wiped her.
    Sophie and Team Bat sure got over Julia fast - not even bothering to look for her when she's gone missing. I suppose Kate was the only person they were willing to look for - but that was just so they could send her packing.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I have a sinking feeling Alice’s think about Ryan’s mother is the lead in to a convoluted retcon
    Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    My first instinct was they'd introduce a CW version of Mother (the big bad from Batman & Robin Eternal).
    Current evidence suggests the OC is being made more like Kate, presumably so they can more easily use storylines from the comics.
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...renee-montoya/

Looks like her bio-mother is a powerful CEO (who gave-up her firstborn child), and she has a (probably) supervillain younger brother, and to top it off she seems to be getting Renee Montoya as her new girlfriend.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Illuminerdi isn't a trustworthy site.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Illuminerdi isn't a trustworthy site.
    Yeah, but does swapping to an OC lead with no connections to the Bat-family instead of recasting make sense? Or spending an entire season mostly focused on the removed lead (first she's dead, next the search, then she's dead again and funeral, then she's back but brainwashed, then she's cured but leaving again) make sense?

When the OC was first announced a lot of people didn't think it was real. Then a lot of people thought the name they were using wasn't going to be her final name - and that she would turn-out to actually be a character from the comics. I rule-out no level of stupidity when it comes to this show - and in that regard anything is possible.

This popped-up on my feed, so figured I may as well post it:

She is a talented actress, I hope she finds better work in the future.

Astonishing Member

This popped-up on my feed, so figured I may as well post it:

She is a talented actress, I hope she finds better work in the future.
    I've said it before and I say it again...if there's ever a Batwoman movie, I hope Wallis Day gets the first call.

That said, since there isn't an ongoing Batwoman title right now (to my knowledge) which means that the only Batwoman content being produced for the foreseeable future is the CW show with Ryan Wilder, and since Ryan has been introduced in the comics as well...I think there's a pretty good chance that even if we do get a Batwoman movie there's no guarantee it'll be with Kate

Ryan's comic appearance didn't actually have her become a new Batwoman though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I've said it before and I say it again...if there's ever a Batwoman movie, I hope Wallis Day gets the first call.

That said, since there isn't an ongoing Batwoman title right now (to my knowledge) which means that the only Batwoman content being produced for the foreseeable future is the CW show with Ryan Wilder, and since Ryan has been introduced in the comics as well...I think there's a pretty good chance that even if we do get a Batwoman movie there's no guarantee it'll be with Kate
    I don't think we're going to be getting a movie Batwoman any time soon but I think Ryan Wilder is going to remain a TV character for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

The thing with legacy characters is just that - they are legacy. Batwoman cannot exist without Batman existing first (in the main universe anyway, DC Bombshells is it's own unique deal). Without a massive rewrite, the second Batwoman's story is heavily reliant on Kate having had the mantle first. And if they're going to go to that level of rewrite they might as well just make another new character without the baggage (to potential backlash for yet another OC), or easier yet race-swap Kate for the film and adapt accordingly (if a more diverse Batwoman is the concern).

The latter Robins and Batgirls have this issue (of being legacy) to a degree as well, though not by the same amount as TV Batwoman - who works in Kate's Bar, and lived in Kate's apartment, and whose main relationships up to this point consist mostly of Kate's family and friends (with the only exception so far having been the OC's ex who has now left the show regardless). I mean, even the Robins differentiated their suits enough to tell them apart, even if the color scheme is typically the same, and the Batgirls mostly have different color schemes.

Between the two Batwomen the only notable difference in suit itself is the wig (otherwise both suits could be comic-Kate's). The lesser known Batwomen - the original Kathy, alternate universe Steph, and the Mystery trio (who intentionally wore the same suit as each other) all have a visibly different suit to Kate's, including an alternative color scheme.

If they were to make a film, I suspect they would go with Kate Kane, it is after all the more recognizable name and has the built-in link with Bruce Wayne. Exactly how they interpret or alter the character is another matter entirely though. But as Frontier said, I doubt a movie is on the cards anytime soon, especially since the show has not done well.

Meh, another interview for Wallis Day fans:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ay-1234980245/

Enjoy.

Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-21-2021 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Found additional article