Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

And here's the last bit, pretty obviously Alice will be the first to figure-out it's Kate, but anyway:

Plus, she'll probably torture Alice next ep, apparently: https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-wallis-da...-share-article

It's all so bizarre, but at least the new actress seems to be having fun.

[Edit] Some more stuff from the actor's Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COZPLAihrYD/
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-02-2021 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Another Link

Okay, the opening in full, since that other one had the start cut-off:

Arrow

So damn hilarious. This is the best comedy I've watched literally in years. Their comic book parody is top-notch ludicrous fun. Wait, what do you mean it's a drama.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-03-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So damn hilarious. This is the best comedy I've watched literally in years. Their comic book parody is top-notch ludicrous fun. Wait, what do you mean it's a drama.
    It really should be a parody at this point. You know I used to think Andreyko's run on Batwoman was about as low as it could go, now I know the CW's Batwoman Writing Team has him beat.
    But speaking of parodies and superheroes - I'd really recommend 'Future Man', or 'The Tick' for some actual quality comedy in the superhero genre. 'Future Man' is rather juvenile, but I loved it anyway.

At this point I'm quite certain she's a series regular from now on, and not just there to end the current season (and close off Kate's storyline).

Meh_small.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/COoviz3BfAJ/

Um, yay, Kate will be demoted to either a side-character-civilian or a sidekick. I'm thinking sidekick, so as not to waste Day's stunt skills. Plus, judging by recent posts, she's been working on her muscles (or maintaining them).

Amazing Member

They have put themself in such a stupid position with this all.
    I dont want Kate to be just a side character, but i also like Javicia in her role.

You waste a good cast with CW typical nonsense writing and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    I dont want Kate to be just a side character, but i also like Javicia in her role.

Well you know, I could be completely wrong - and maybe they are planning to toss out Kate as soon as the season concludes. But that would just make me feel sorry for Day, judging by interviews she seems really into the role, reading the comics and fandom stuff for research.

But since she's doing promotional stuff like this, which I've only noticed regular cast-members do for this show before, I'm fairly confident she's here to stay.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Well you know, I could be completely wrong - and maybe they are planning to toss out Kate as soon as the season concludes. But that would just make me feel sorry for Day, judging by interviews she seems really into the role, reading the comics and fandom stuff for research.

But since she's doing promotional stuff like this, which I've only noticed regular cast-members do for this show before, I'm fairly confident she's here to stay.
    Yup, she seemed really into the Role and wants to make the best out of it.
    Which is rather upsetting if the rumor is true and she was initially supposed to play Kate before they decided on Ruby.
    Here you have someone who really is into the Role...and they butcher it every way they can.

I could see CW doing this big Kate story...just to kill the character off for good.

Batwoman is such a case where i wished that HBO or anybody else would have get his hands on.
    I had such high hopes for it, but they turned it into a typical CW superhero drama.

Yup, she seemed really into the Role and wants to make the best out of it.
    Which is rather upsetting if the rumor is true and she was initially supposed to play Kate before they decided on Ruby.
    I hadn't come across that rumor, but it sounds incorrect to me. I think Day was still doing Krypton when Rose had her debut as Kate Kane in the 'Elseworlds' cross-over. Plus, going by the early interviews with the Producer and a couple of the other crew-members (can't remember what their roles were) they seemed fixated on Rose but didn't contact her until they had trouble casting the character of Kate. I do remember the quote of them wanting a "Ruby Rose type" though, so yeah, fixated.

According to that interview, (which I have no idea where to find all these years later), they initially assumed Rose would never say yes to the role because her focus is on film. Well, in retrospect they should have stayed with that initial assumption because Rose has indeed returned to film - with 3 films she's starred/co-starred in having been released this year (mostly to bad reviews, but it takes a lot of people to make a film, so I'm not saying it's all on her).

Amazing Member

I hadn't come across that rumor, but it sounds incorrect to me. I think Day was still doing Krypton when Rose had her debut as Kate Kane in the 'Elseworlds' cross-over. Plus, going by the early interviews with the Producer and a couple of the other crew-members (can't remember what their roles were) they seemed fixated on Rose but didn't contact her until they had trouble casting the character of Kate. I do remember the quote of them wanting a "Ruby Rose type" though, so yeah, fixated.
    That seems more likely, but the amount of rumors especially since Ruby Rose exit...are crazy.
    You lose track on what has any weight behind and what is the usual "out of thin air" rumor.

According to that interview, (which I have no idea where to find all these years later), they initially assumed Rose would never say yes to the role because her focus is on film. Well, in retrospect they should have stayed with that initial assumption because Rose has indeed returned to film - with 3 films she's starred/co-starred in having been released this year (mostly to bad reviews, but it takes a lot of people to make a film, so I'm not saying it's all on her).
    Its really sad.
    They wanted Ruby that much in the role, thought they wouldnt get her, but then they got her and things ended up a rather cold.
    I do think that she is a Actress who needs a very specific kind of material to work, she doesnt strike me as someone you can throw any script at and it works.
    I initially liked when they cast her, but it was very clear early on to me that she isnt strong enough to carry the show.

Stephen Amell isnt the best actor either, but he found a way to carry the show despite that...which Ruby lacked.
    Add to that the scary injury she had...no wonder she walked away from the show.
    Things were just not working out.

Stephen Amell isnt the best actor either, but he found a way to carry the show despite that...which Ruby lacked.
    Add to that the scary injury she had...no wonder she walked away from the show.
    Things were just not working out.
    Well, you know, I think it was more than just the neck injury (which is bad enough). She also had an allergic reaction to the original cowl.
    Then toss in home-sickness, and combine that with her mental illness struggles, yeah it just wasn't meant to be. She has depression and PTSD, so she had to prioritize her health would be my guess, otherwise in the beginning she was also very excited to land the role. The original social media rejection "not gay enough" and the "#RecastKateKane" couldn't have helped her confidence either, I'd assume.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3diEE0n0ys/

Anyway, though I don't watch the show, I am still curious as to what they do with Kate now.

The trope would go with the new, current Batwoman dying, in the line of duty

and Kate returns to the role, with new angst.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Well, you know, I think it was more than just the neck injury (which is bad enough). She also had an allergic reaction to the original cowl.
    Then toss in home-sickness, and combine that with her mental illness struggles, yeah it just wasn't meant to be. She has depression and PTSD, so she had to prioritize her health would be my guess, otherwise in the beginning she was also very excited to land the role. The original social media rejection "not gay enough" and the "#RecastKateKane" couldn't have helped her confidence either, I'd assume.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3diEE0n0ys/

Anyway, though I don't watch the show, I am still curious as to what they do with Kate now.
    I feel bad for the actress, but the points are correct. Ensemble shows need to distribute story lines and character 'weight' as evenly as possible, which should have helped. The first season was watchable and engaged me.

But the physical demands and other things did indeed mean Ruby needed to think of her health first.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

I do hope, if Wallis Day doesn't get to become Batwoman any time on this show, that she's the first person they consider when Batwoman is inevitably rebooted for the big-screen.

She's only around 26 now, so if we get a Batwoman movie sometime within the next decade, which is very likely, she should be age-appropriate.

Here is the video anyway, haven't watched it yet, but might be interesting.