65 50.78%
  • No

53 41.41%
  • Can't decide

10 7.81%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I hate polls that ask basically the opposite question of the thread title. Glad I'm not the only one to notice that.
    Yeah, I was tricked too lol
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I think JA got off topic and needed to focus on certain arcs. The Dracula/Namor/ super human arms race is interesting. That should of been the focus. The Phoenix story, khonshu and 1 mol bc avengers keeps getting on the way and he should of just focused on the above. That being said IF he addresses that super human arms race that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That is why

1) You have to read patiently and not just push a button.
    2) Be wary of polls. They maybe showing you an illusion of reality.
    I noticed that I made the mistake after posting, I've messaged the moderator about taking the post down so I can do again properly to no response.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

he can continue to do whatever he wants so as long as he never writes storm again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe that was the intention!! Dun dun DUUN!
    If there was an intent, it backfired since people seem to have been confused that would have voted in every direction.

Really it is tricky, you put a name on the thread but the pool ask an opposite question. However, it is responsablity of the voter to read what is he voting for.
    Not really. The person who posts the poll presumably wants to know the answer so it's their responsibility to make sure everyone understands the poll. The audience loses nothing by misvoting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

I'm holding some answer until tomorrow's Valkyries.

If it's just about being on Avengers, never read it but the gist of the arcs (like fighting Dracula and yet another Phoenix story) didn't terribly attract me. Prehistoric Avengers at least sounded like some pitch but I heard Aaron made it go on forever.

Astonishing Member

I do not know why Aaron isn't putting Spider-Man on his Avengers team. Parker's contribution to the team would be a goldmine for Marvel in terms of strong sales because the Spider-readers would increase the sales volume...

BANNED

At this point, he needs to let someone else take the reins of the Avengers. All his arcs have been so dreadful and uneventful even though they try to be mini events themselves. Like the Phoenix thing fizzled out immediately and who even wants to read World War She-Hulk? Not me and i love She-Hulk, but not what Aaron has done with her, i fear he will damage the character way too much.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I do not know why Aaron isn't putting Spider-Man on his Avengers team. Parker's contribution to the team would be a goldmine for Marvel in terms of strong sales because the Spider-readers would increase the sales volume...
    Except that when he was on the book, last time I think a couple of years ago with Waid, he didn't affect the sales at all.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

This question reminds me the years of criticism about Bendis, a lot of posts saying how bad was him casually in this same book.

aarongers wishes it could be as good as disassembled to siege
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Except that when he was on the book, last time I think a couple of years ago with Waid, he didn't affect the sales at all.
    I believe that Waid had Peter as Spider-Man, rather than having him in a non-superhero(as a scientist/inventor) role where he provides R&D, as well as upgrades to his teammates equipment(That would make their powers assertive). This would be a role that Peter Parker would fit in to.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Aaron needs to go per se, but Marvel need editors who are willing to put their foot down and call out writers occasionally. Anyone who looks at Bendis' last few years at Marvel and say he wasn't phoning it in are blind. He absolutely was and it showed.

It doesn't need to be a firm "no/yes". It just needs to be a editor going, "You know, perhaps this might work better by trying it this way" or "this dialogue is a bit heavy handed and could do with some revision".

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I find Aaron's Avengers forgettable.

I would rather see Blade in a ongoing Midnight sons book than the Avengers personally.

Aaron took over Avengers around the same time Snyder took over Justice League, and it appeared that they both swapped what made their respective titles unique. Justice League became more personal, with a lot of character moments (literally around a round table at times) focused on group dynamic, and the Avengers fought a universe-ending threat almost ever arc, starting the series with ‘the big three’ praising themselves in a bar.

I would like those themes to switch back again. I think that would suit Aaron better.
    Last edited by Adam; 05-20-2021 at 06:26 AM.