• No

53 41.41%
  • Can't decide

10 7.81%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I find Aaron's Avengers forgettable.

I would rather see Blade in a ongoing Midnight sons book than the Avengers personally.
    That would be great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I don't think Aaron needs to go per se, but Marvel need editors who are willing to put their foot down and call out writers occasionally. Anyone who looks at Bendis' last few years at Marvel and say he wasn't phoning it in are blind. He absolutely was and it showed.

It doesn't need to be a firm "no/yes". It just needs to be a editor going, "You know, perhaps this might work better by trying it this way" or "this dialogue is a bit heavy handed and could do with some revision".
    This would be for the best.

I was surprised at how many don't want him gone from the book, but then I noticed the poll's question is the opposite of the thread title, so I'm assuming many voted wrong (like myself).

I really hope he leaves Avengers soon. The book needs a creative shot in the arm ASAP. I love that the X-men are the top dogs again, but for me it would be even better if both franchises were flourishing at the same time. The competition could make both of them stronger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I was surprised at how many don't want him gone from the book, but then I noticed the poll's question is the opposite of the thread title, so I'm assuming many voted wrong (like myself).

I really hope he leaves Avengers soon. The book needs a creative shot in the arm ASAP. I love that the X-men are the top dogs again, but for me it would be even better if both franchises were flourishing at the same time. The competition could make both of them stronger.
    I think that some of the X-Characters needs to be migrated to other parts of the Marvel Universe. For example, Betsy Braddock in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man working alongside Spider-Man UK(Billy Braddock) and Peter Parker. In addition, I like to see The Hellfire Club and The Morlocks become transparent in the world of Spider-Man....

Fantastic Member

They need a new writer, as well as having multiple books: Avengers, Mighty, New, Secret, Avengers World, Avengers Academy, that include main stay original Avengers new members from various parts of the Marvel Universe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    There are two Jason Aarons I know.
    First wrote Thor, Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine, Thanos Rising and Wolverine.
    Second wrote Original Sin and currently writing Avengers.
    I would like first to stay for as long as he wants to, but second needs to go, this stuff is un-readable and feels like a cheap fanfiction.
    I think he is just far better at writing single character books than team books. The characterization quality between the two are not even close.