Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    She sounds underutilized. Really underutilized.
    She is. She is practically built for a YA audience. It's a shame DC hasn't capitalized on that.

-Finds out she is and her brother are royalty from another dimension when they were children.
    -Her mother is killed and her brother is kidnapped by a dark lord during that same trip.
    -Trains for years to rescue her brother but needs help because she can't overcome her fear.
    -Strikes a Faustian bargain with Amanda Waller.
    -Goes undercover at a terrorist organization at Waller's request and is deeply traumatized because she was forced to stand back and allow a massacre to happen.
    -Is appointed as a handler for the Enchantress.
    -Her father becomes an antagonistic figure and tries to shut down the Squad leading to his death at the hands of Deadshot.
    -Goes to rescue her brother but turns out it was futile.
    -Gains a power up by combining with June Moon's Enchantress but left June jealous of her.
    -She is primary one shown mourning the death of Rick Flag after he sacrificed himself.

I'm recalling most of these from memory so some of the details might be off but this is basically what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She is. She is practically built for a YA audience. It's a shame DC hasn't capitalized on that.

-Finds out she is and her brother are royalty from another dimension when they were children.
    -Her mother is killed and her brother is kidnapped by a dark lord during that same trip.
    -Trains for years to rescue her brother but needs help because she can't overcome her fear.
    -Goes undercover at a terrorist organization at Waller's request and is deeply traumatized because she was forced to stand back and allow a massacre to happen.
    -Her father becomes an antagonistic figure and tries to shut down the Squad leading to his death at the hands of Deadshot.
    -Gains a power up by combining with June Moon's Enchantress but left June jealous of her.
    -She is primary one shown mourning the death of Rick Flag after he sacrificed himself.

I'm recalling most of these from memory so some of the details might be off but this is basically what happened.
    She's actually a well-rounded character for a c-lister and i don't mean that as disrespect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    She's actually a well-rounded character for a c-lister and i don't mean that as disrespect at all.
    Honestly, being a C-lister isn't an insult. Most people love C-list characters, like Harley Quinn.

I think too many writers try to turn C-list characters into A or S-listers as some sort of justification for their existence. Batman being an example (yes, Batman is a C-lister to me. Dude was made to solve street-level mystery's and fight street-level crime). But characters don't need to take on Superman or Wonder Woman to be interesting and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Honestly, being a C-lister isn't an insult. Most people love C-list characters, like Harley Quinn.

I think too many writers try to turn C-list characters into A or S-listers as some sort of justification for their existence. Batman being an example (yes, Batman is a C-lister to me. Dude was made to solve street-level mystery's and fight street-level crime). But characters don't need to take on Superman or Wonder Woman to be interesting and fun.
    The thing that bugs me about c-list characters is that they are normally used to be killed and i can't stress how lazy that is.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    The thing that bugs me about c-list characters is that they are normally used to be killed and i can't stress how lazy that is.
    For villains I feel that's true. There's a sizable chunk of c-list heroes and villains but too many of them disappear into obscurity outside of the Bat-books.
    Suicide Squad doesn't help since it was designed for c-list villains.

I imagine the (somewhat superficial similarities) to Raven are what is stopping DC from increasing focus on Nightshade even if Nightshade was created first.

Nightshade has been one of my favorite characters ever since I first read her profile in Who's Who back in the day and thought, "That's one of the most creative origin stories I've ever read." I like her best when she's portrayed as a government agent who happens to use magic, as opposed to just another generic magic user. In her old Charlton appearances, she used spy gadgets and martial arts as much as - if not more than - her own powers.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

How is Harley C-list?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I imagine the (somewhat superficial similarities) to Raven are what is stopping DC from increasing focus on Nightshade even if Nightshade was created first.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure DC doesn't even remember that she exists.

Yeah, there's that.

no doubt
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is Harley C-list?
    She's street level.

You and I have very different interpretations of A-list and C-list.

You and I have very different interpretations of A-list and C-list.
    I'm talking in terms of how dangerous/powerful. Are you talking in terms of popularity?

Yep.

10char