Default Movie Ancient One vs Aslan

Movie Ancient One vs movie Aslan

Movie Ancient One vs book Aslan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Does Aslan have any defense for being dropped in the mirror dimension? If not, this is at worst a quickdraw, and I'd favor the Ancient Tilda's reactions in a fight.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Does Aslan have any defense for being dropped in the mirror dimension? If not, this is at worst a quickdraw, and I'd favor the Ancient Tilda's reactions in a fight.
    Movie Aslan not really.

Book Aslan was able to apparently navigate like... the space before creation and bring Narnia into existence, so I'd imagine he could find a way out of it. He also was apparently able to travel between Narnia and the real world in the Silver Chair to some extent so there's some form of inter-dimensional travel going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Movie Aslan not really.

Book Aslan was able to apparently navigate like... the space before creation and bring Narnia into existence, so I'd imagine he could find a way out of it. He also was apparently able to travel between Narnia and the real world in the Silver Chair to some extent so there's some form of inter-dimensional travel going on.
    I read the books so long ago (over 40 years ago) that I don't recall anything resembling a "feat."
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I read the books so long ago (over 40 years ago) that I don't recall anything resembling a "feat."
    I first had them read to me about 25 years ago by my mum when I was a childer.

I've reread them more recently that than that but it's still likely a decade or so since.

Aslan, quite honestly, doesn't have many really concrete feats. He is a more allegorical character whose abilities are more situational than strictly codified. He's very much more about helping others to help themselves and prophecies and so on and he becomes less and less present as the books continue.

Book Aslan is not really a rumbles friendly character.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I first had them read to me about 25 years ago by my mum when I was a childer.

I've reread them more recently that than that but it's still likely a decade or so since.

Aslan, quite honestly, doesn't have many really concrete feats. He is a more allegorical character whose abilities are more situational than strictly codified. He's very much more about helping others to help themselves and prophecies and so on and he becomes less and less present as the books continue.

Book Aslan is not really a rumbles friendly character.
    That's what I recall from the fog of what's left of my mind. He's there to guide, push the story when required, and generally get out of the way and let the protagonists, er, protagonize. Protagify? Protagificate? Something like that.

That's what I recall from the fog of what's left of my mind. He's there to guide, push the story when required, and generally get out of the way and let the protagonists, er, protagonize. Protagify? Protagificate? Something like that.
    I think you’ll find the correct term is ‘protagnosticate’.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think you’ll find the correct term is ‘protagnosticate’.
    Thank goodness you were here O Prince. You are doing some serious protagnostication.