Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Default What do you opinion on Diana, Amazons and Greek gods in Snyder Cut of JL?

Were she and her universe portrayed accurately?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Did you have any opinions yourself? Or have you not seen it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Were she and her universe portrayed accurately?
    It was more or less the same as my opinion of the depiction of the Amazons in the theatrical release. Whereas Marston went big and bold with the Amazons (they trounce Gods, Valkyries, Angels) the DCEU does not. It continues the trend of lessening and has them felled by parademon blasts--Amazons, now, felled by guns--but Batman in this one of course can block parademon blasts with gauntlets he got just yesterday. One thing that the Snyder Cut improves however is the awareness of the Amazons of Apokolips and what they are. More importantly, it omits the awful Amazons as non-threatening harem slaves-to-be and the rape threat present in the Theatrical Cut. Seeing Amazons charging over a hill should not elicit a smile and arousal from their enemies (don't know WHAT Joss was thinking there).

As for Wonder Woman herself, the only improvement where powers were concerned is the inclusion of more traditional bullets and bracelets as well as superspeed during the museum rescue. Thankfully there were also reduced number of up-skirt shots. That was it. If you were expecting a change in the League versus Supes bit, #Nope.

So pretty much what I expected. The End of the battle with Steppenwolf makes all of them look kind of weird. But hey, it's his vision.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 03-18-2021 at 12:10 PM.

I haven't finished it yet, I'm taking a break right now cuz it's so long. 2 hours in and the team hasn't even been in a room together yet.

I'll say this about her introduction though, it felt off to me. (And I mean before she started tossing crooks around like ragdolls.) When she's interrogating the guy and he's going off about how he wants the "throw the world back into the dark ages" and she cuts him off by saying "boring". It was so strange. Her dialoged was more consistent after that.

Then the fight scene happens and there were parts of it I liked. I like her blocking bullets really fast and zipping around. It was nice to see her blocking bullets in real time and not slow-mo. (there is so much slow-mo in this movie, omg)

But then she starts hitting the bad guys so unnecessarily hard. I don't pity them, they're terrorists, but there is a whole bunch of police right outside ready to arrest them, Diana really couldn't just knock them out? And then she blows out the entire room just to kill one terrorist, raining stone rubble on top of the police officers outside the Bank. You mean to tell me no one died from all that rubble? They show an officer nearly getting crushed by a piece of stone the size of a sofa, and he was at the back of the crowd. It was so unnecessary, she could have just taken the gun away from him, he was the last one after all.

And then a little girl who was being held hostage's by these terrorists asks if she can be like Wonder Woman when she grows up. And I'm laughing because that little girl just saw Diana put a guy through the wall and blow up a room and she's asking if she can be like her. That little girls gonna be a super villain.

The Amazons were ok, nothing to complain about. The island itself was so drab though, I think Snyder forgot it's supposed to be a paradise island.

The Gods are fine too, they're only in the film for like 2 minutes (unless there is going to be another scene with them). Zeus and Ares freaking wreaked Darksied though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    But then she starts hitting the bad guys so unnecessarily hard. I don't pity them, they're terrorists, but there is a whole bunch of police right outside ready to arrest them, Diana really couldn't just knock them out? And then she blows out the entire room just to kill one terrorist, raining stone rubble on top of the police officers outside the Bank. You mean to tell me no one died from all that rubble? They show an officer nearly getting crushed by a piece of stone the size of a sofa, and he was at the back of the crowd. It was so unnecessary, she could have just taken the gun away from him, he was the last one after all.

And then a little girl who was being held hostage's by these terrorists asks if she can be like Wonder Woman when she grows up. And I'm laughing because that little girl just saw Diana put a guy through the wall and blow up a room and she's asking if she can be like her. That little girls gonna be a super villain..
    This sounds hilariously stupid. I can't wait to watch this scene next weekend.

And because Patty dropped the ball on delivering the action in WW84 with an otherwise properly characterized Diana, now the takeaway from this will be Wonder Woman needs to kill some humans that are ants to her in order to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This sounds hilariously stupid. I can't wait to watch this scene next weekend.

And because Patty dropped the ball on delivering the action in WW84 with an otherwise properly characterized Diana, now the takeaway from this will be Wonder Woman needs to kill some humans that are ants to her in order to be cool.
    I will be curious to hear your thoughts on her actions with the last remaining gunmen. To your very last point, I am pretty sure she reduced that guy to atoms. I mean, talk about overkill.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 03-18-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I will be curious to hear your thoughts on her actions with the last remaining gunmen. To your very last point, I am pretty sure she reduced that guy to atoms. I mean, talk about overkill.
    That's what I'm hearing as well. Please tell me the little girl is splashed with gore for maximum hilarity.

It's being defended as needing to be done to save innocent lives.

Honestly the only positive from WW's end had nothing to do with her: I thought Zeus and Ares looked cool. That's it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

- Amazons still used as red-shirts? Check

- Diana still easily overpowered by Superman? Check

- The league (and frequently Diana) still barely able to hold their own against Steppenwolf, who Supes then swats like a teeny tiny fly? Check

- Any big change in the final fight with Steppenwolf that give Diana a more significant contribution? Nope

From a purely Wonder Woman perspective, it's exactly the same film. I'll give it one thing though. As much I enjoyed WW84, there were some aspects of it I wasn't entirely sold on. However, after being reminded of Diana's portrayal in this movie, I cannot wait for my WW84 blu-ray to arive on Monday to cleanse my pallet of sitting through this hatchet job all over again.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

That's what I'm hearing as well. Please tell me the little girl is splashed with gore for maximum hilarity.

It's being defended as needing to be done to save innocent lives.
    Now THAT is hilarious. She did not have to use her Boosh. There are an infinite number of ways she could have ended that. Tiara toss, simply moving to him at superspeed and pressure point, lasso. Et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

- The league (and frequently Diana) still barely able to hold their own against Steppenwolf, who Supes then swats like a teeny tiny fly? Check

- Any big change in the final fight with Steppenwolf that give Diana a more significant contribution? Nope

From a purely Wonder Woman perspective, it's exactly the same film. I'll give it one thing though. As much I enjoyed WW84, there were some aspects of it I wasn't entirely sold on. However, after being reminded of Diana's portrayal in this movie, I cannot wait for my WW84 blu-ray to arive on Monday to cleanse my pallet of sitting through this hatchet job all over again.
    I think by far the most bizarre thing for me was the way she handled Steppenwolf corpse. Like what was that supposed to achieve?

...now the takeaway from this will be Wonder Woman needs to kill some humans that are ants to her in order to be cool.
    This is already happening.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Scanning....
    ZERO LIES DETECTED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

Does she fly in this?

Snyder said she would fly in his take on the DCEU, but so far only Jenkins has delivered on that.

Also, any named Amazons get killed? In the theatrical cut, Philippus and Euboea were implied to die