Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Is Patty Jenkins truly capable of creating a big power spectacle WW film?

So far. Both snyder and jenkins have not done that great when it comes to show WW doing amazing stuff with her powers. Since jenkins will work for WW3. Should we really hope for better this time? I mean she said Cheetah from WW84 is the strongest foe ever and more powerful than Diana. Yet that was not the impression that their actual fight gave at all.

Here is where Jenkinss talks about Cheetah's power. Minute 27.

So how do we know if she is planing to improve the power aspect of her films that are lacking? Do you think we really have a chance of seeing better with the next film?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So far. Both snyder and jenkins have not done that great when it comes to show WW doing amazing stuff with her powers. Since jenkins will work for WW3. Should we really hope for better this time? I mean she said Cheetah from WW84 is the strongest foe ever and more powerful than Diana. Yet that was not the impression that their actual fight gave at all.

So how do we know if she is planing to improve the power aspect of her films that are lacking? Do you think we really have a chance of seeing better with the next film?
    Yeah, if WW1984's Cheetah is Patty's idea of the strongest foe, I don't have much hopes for good action in the next movie

It's also funny how they're talking about the emotional aspect of the fight, like Diana and Barbara are BFFs...even though they had like two friendly conversations with each other in the entire movie.

If people want power feats out of Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman equivalent to Man of Steal, where every time Diana and Cheetah hit each other there is a sonic boom and the earth cracks and every window in mile radius is shattered, then no.

Patty's style isn't DBZ.

I imagine the strongest her Diana is going to be will be what her Diana did at the end of the first movie.

That being said, that's fine with me. I liked the Diana Cheetah fight. I'm an animator, I notice weird things every time I watch a movie, and I appreciate the movement in this fight a lot. I do a lot of frame-by-frame studies and this battle has a lot of little things I enjoy. It was very much how I imagined a Diana Cheetah fight would go.

Of course, that is very much my opinion and I definitely don't expect people to study chuncks of movies frame-by-frame. But for me, it was a better final fight than most superhero movies. I'll list of ones I found worse if you want (most of them are from marvel because marvels got a lot of lackluster final battles because the villains won't shut the **** up.). .
    Also a major side note, I appreciate that Cheetah barley talked during the final fight. I hate when the comics turn Barbara's Cheetah into a monologuing villain, she's not a chatterbox when she fight. They did that will Hela in Thor: Ragnarok and it pissed me off. "Blah blah blah, I expect more from you Thor." Shut up and kill him Hela, gurl why you talking?!

I thought the biggest problem wasn't the fight itself but that the power of the armor was never properly displayed (and the lighting).

And if Diana needs that armor to fight Cheetah, I imagine in WW3 Cheetah will catcher her unaware and shred her. (assuming she's in that movie)

Plus, what do you guys want exactly? I hear people talk a lot about power feats but I feel like no one has said what that actually looks like to them. Do you want MoS action from WW? I'm asking that genuinely, not in an accusing tone.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-29-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If people want power feats out of Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman equivalent to Man of Steal, where every time Diana and Cheetah hit each other there is a sonic boom and the earth cracks and every window in mile radius is shattered, then no.

Patty's style isn't DBZ.

I imagine the strongest her Diana is going to be will be what her Diana did at the end of the first movie.

That being said, that's fine with me. I liked the Diana Cheetah fight. I'm an animator, I notice weird things every time I watch a movie, and I appreciate the movement in this fight a lot. I do a lot of frame-by-frame studies and this battle has a lot of little things I enjoy. It was very much how I imagined a Diana Cheetah fight would go.

Of course, that is very much my opinion and I definitely don't expect people to study chuncks of movies frame-by-frame. But for me, it was a better final fight than most superhero movies. I'll list of ones I found worse if you want (most of them are from marvel because marvels got a lot of lackluster final battles because the villains won't shut the **** up.). .
    Also a major side note, I appreciate that Cheetah barley talked during the final fight. I hate when the comics turn Barbara's Cheetah into a monologuing villain, she's not a chatterbox when she fight. They did that will Hela in Thor: Ragnarok and it pissed me off. "Blah blah blah, I expect more from you Thor." Shut up and kill him Hela, gurl why you talking?!

I thought the biggest problem wasn't the fight itself but that the power of the armor was never properly displayed (and the lighting).

And if Diana needs that armor to fight Cheetah, I imagine in WW3 Cheetah will catcher her unaware and shred her. (assuming she's in that movie)

Plus, what do you guys want exactly? I hear people talk a lot about power feats but I feel like no one has said what that actually looks like to them. Do you want MoS action from WW? I'm asking that genuinely, not in an accusing tone.
    Then Patty Jenkins should not be involved in the action of WW3 at all. Jenkins described Chetah as the strongest ever, yet her fight did not show that at all. Cheetah went down too easily and WW had no problem restraining her physically, yet we are supposed to believe she is more powerful than WW? No, that is not what is actually shown in the movie. Characters emotions are important, but Jenkins already covered Diana's emotional aspects in WW 2017 and WW84. WW deserves to end her trilogy with a high power spectacle. Because being a powerhouse is also part of her character. And Cheetah deserves to be shown as an actual powerhouse too. It is enough with the comics treating her like a jobber most of the time. So for that, i would like feats that show WW doing things way above lifting a 30 tons tank. See her use her super speed in a major combat way. See her showing great level of striking forceand being very tanky in terms of durability. For example tanking a big type of explosion. Things like that, we have seen many powerhouses do in movies. And WW is supposed to be one too.

Then Patty Jenkins should not be involved in the action of WW3 at all. Jenkins described Chetah as the strongest ever, yet her fight did not show that at all. Cheetah went down too easily and WW had no problem restraining her physically, yet we are supposed to believe she is more powerful than WW? No, that is not what is actually shown in the movie. Characters emotions are important, but Jenkins already covered Diana's emotional aspects in WW 2017 and WW84. WW deserves to end her trilogy with a high power spectacle. Because being a powerhouse is also part of her character. And Cheetah deserves to be shown as an actual powerhouse too. It is enough with the comics treating her like a jobber most of the time. So for that, i would like feats that show WW doing things way above lifting a 30 tons tank. See her use her super speed in a major combat way. See her showing great level of striking forceand being very tanky in terms of durability. For example tanking a big type of explosion. Things like that, we have seen many powerhouses do in movies. And WW is supposed to be one too.
    Juggernaut is the strongest there is in DP2 and he went down the same way Cheetah did. .

But all those feats depend entirely on what Diana goes up against the third movie. Cheetah isn't a flashy character. A fight with Cheetah is never going to have big explosions unless Diana bracelet slams. I got tired of her spamming it in JL, personally. Cheetah fights up close, she doesn't throw rocks either. (The fight itself looked like it had heavy inspiration from Perez's run)
    But if you want to show Cheetah blitzing like Wonder Woman: Bloodlines Cheetah's did post steroid shot, we get a Cheetah blur and Wonder Woman flailing her arms around. I would like Cheetah to be very fast of course, but just having her be a blurry line the entire fight is boring.

If Diana goes up against Circe, maybe we'll get Diana catching some big rocks Circe throws telepathically (because everyone loved it soooo much when Ares did it in the first film ). Circe will at least have some powerful energy blasts for Diana to tank. Maybe a big old monster for Diana to wrestle, or maybe a big old monster army for Diana to solo against.

Lol, maybe Patty will get pissed about the terrorist scene from SCJL and have Diana in a similar situation again in the 3rd film but have her take out every without killing them.

Lol, also I guess Cheetah would rip the staples off of Steppy-pup, like she ripped the wings off that armor. ZCJL Steppy's got big old kitty eyes (did anyone else notice that?) so they're already birds of a feather.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-29-2021 at 06:57 AM.

She needs a better fight choreographer.

Hopefully her experience in directing that Rogue Squadron movie will have a positive effect on WW3.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Juggernaut is the strongest there is in DP2 and he went down the same way Cheetah did. .

But all those feats depend entirely on what Diana goes up against the third movie. Cheetah isn't a flashy character. A fight with Cheetah is never going to have big explosions unless Diana bracelet slams. I got tired of her spamming it in JL, personally. Cheetah fights up close, she doesn't throw rocks either. (The fight itself looked like it had heavy inspiration from Perez's run)
    But if you want to show Cheetah blitzing like Wonder Woman: Bloodlines Cheetah's did post steroid shot, we get a Cheetah blur and Wonder Woman flailing her arms around. I would like Cheetah to be very fast of course, but just having her be a blurry line the entire fight is boring.

If Diana goes up against Circe, maybe we'll get Diana catching some big rocks Circe throws telepathically (because everyone loved it soooo much when Ares did it in the first film ). Circe will at least have some powerful energy blasts for Diana to tank. Maybe a big old monster for Diana to wrestle, or maybe a big old monster army for Diana to solo against.

Lol, maybe Patty will get pissed about the terrorist scene from SCJL and have Diana in a similar situation again in the 3rd film but have her take out every without killing them.

Lol, also I guess Cheetah would rip the staples off of Steppy-pup, like she ripped the wings off that armor. ZCJL Steppy's got big old kitty eyes (did anyone else notice that?) so they're already birds of a feather.
    Cheetah should be powerful though. If she is supposed to be this very fast, durable and strong foe that can trade blows with WW. It should not be so difficult to make her look far more impressive than what WW84 showed.

Spectacular Member

Patty good at story telling but she's bad at action I cannot believe she said Diana is at the height of her powers but yet she lost them through the whole movie pretty much that's strange to me. I don't think Hollywood would ever get Wonder Woman right

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

To be honest, I don’t think so. She said they were gonna “raise the bar” with WW84, that Wonder Woman would be at “height of her powers”, that Cheetah is her “strongest foe”, “it’s gonna be great” she said, she really blew her own trumpet, and we all know how that went.

I’ll take everything she says with a grain of salt from now on.

These are your opinions, not facts. So far, Patty has given 2 fantastic WW films, with some beautiful action, even though some feel there wasn't ENOUGH action. What I will never get, though, is why there are those who are OBSESSED with "feats". "She's not depicted strong enough" "She used a sword and shield in BvS, not strength..." etc.

Some of us appreciate an adation for what it is. If the OP is waiting for a 100% comic-to-screen take with Diana doing things like catching meteors and hefting mountains, then unfortunately that's gonna be a loooong wait, IF it ever happens.

Personally, I like Diana to max out at 90-100 tons. I definitely don't need her to be this "All Powerful" character that many seem to clamber for. In comics, she is very powerful, as proven time and time again. In the movies, she is ALSO very powerful, as seen in 4 movies now.

No one is entitled to "their" specific interpretation of a fictional character. From what I've read that people want, that Diana would be untouchable and boring. There is a reason I find Superman boring.

I know stating I like Diana to NOT be as powerful as Superman is not popular, but it's my preference, and the 4 films she's been in thus far have FAR exceeded my own expectations.

Bring on Wonder Woman 3 by Patti and Gal!
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

I liked the car chase scene in the desert in WW84
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Same

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Me too! She pushed an armored truck sideways at super speed, for pity's sake! That's awesome!
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    These are your opinions, not facts. So far, Patty has given 2 fantastic WW films, with some beautiful action, even though some feel there wasn't ENOUGH action. What I will never get, though, is why there are those who are OBSESSED with "feats". "She's not depicted strong enough" "She used a sword and shield in BvS, not strength..." etc.

Some of us appreciate an adation for what it is. If the OP is waiting for a 100% comic-to-screen take with Diana doing things like catching meteors and hefting mountains, then unfortunately that's gonna be a loooong wait, IF it ever happens.

Personally, I like Diana to max out at 90-100 tons. I definitely don't need her to be this "All Powerful" character that many seem to clamber for. In comics, she is very powerful, as proven time and time again. In the movies, she is ALSO very powerful, as seen in 4 movies now.

No one is entitled to "their" specific interpretation of a fictional character. From what I've read that people want, that Diana would be untouchable and boring. There is a reason I find Superman boring.

I know stating I like Diana to NOT be as powerful as Superman is not popular, but it's my preference, and the 4 films she's been in thus far have FAR exceeded my own expectations.

Bring on Wonder Woman 3 by Patti and Gal!
    WW84 had bad executed action scenes with messy CGI. This is one of the biggest complains among most people that watched it. And the script for WW84 is far from perfect.

Why should WW be limited to 100 tons, while other characters in her tier perform feats far better than that? why does your ''ideal'' WW have to be weaker?

And no. She is not very powerful in the movies. She has done nothing impressive in those 4 movies. Not even a 90 tons feat since you suggested that should be her limit. Well not even that. Her best feats is lifting a 30 tons tank.

And what i will never understand, is people like you who complain that a lot of us want to see WW performing great power feats. What's wrong with wanting to see my fav character doing powerful stuff? They keep telling me she is one of the most powerful characters capable of extrodinary feats. What's wrong with wanting to actually see it, on panel and on screen? What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Me too! She pushed an armored truck sideways at super speed, for pity's sake! That's awesome!
    That is nothging for a character that is supposed to have God like strength. MCU Spiderman has better strength feats than DCEU WW.