Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Giganta would be a great villain for a cold open, pre-title sequence.
    Yeah, maybe use her to setup Circe.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I had to watch the scene again to make sure I didn’t miss Peter dead lifting that building, to realize he wasn’t even successful in holding it before having to drop it.

My proposal is to have Giganta as a villain that...I don’t know, Wonder Woman can pick up for a few seconds to move her to a less populated area to fight. Surely a fully sized gigantic woman is the proper benching weight?
    He still held the weight of that collapsing belt tower for a while. That is better than DCEU WW's own strength feats. Your suggestion for Giganta is a good one though.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    OP as a concept does not exist. It is fictioin and anything is possible and cane be done if you put effort in the writing to make things work. They could have avoided the mess of that JL fight. By having a WW that could hold her own against him. But they decided to make her and all the others fodder to SM. That was a choice. So i think expecting better for WW is not bad or being negative. I have also been a fan for a very long time. Which is why it makes me upset to sewe how they give her the short end of the stick these past years, to make another character look better. Usually Batman or Superman.
    Incorrect power scaling is actually considered a problem when writing fiction and is considered something to avoid.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-30-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Incorrect power scaling is actually considered a problem when writing fiction and is considered something to avoid.
    That has nothing to do with being ''overpowered''. Scaling is only a problem when character A is said to be equal to B in power, yet actual power feats suggest otherwise. In those cases it should be easy to deal with that. Don't hype a character to be on a certain level if you will actually show otherwise in the actual feats. No character can be OP. Because a writer should be able to create threats according to the power level that the hero is supposed to have. Superman is only OP compared to street levelers and mid tiers. When he is facing the likes of Mongul, Doomsday, Darkseid, kryptonians, Wonder Woman etc. He does not look OP because he is facing opponents powerful enough to pose a challenge to him. It is the same with Wonder Woman and any other high tier character.

Okay, lots of deletions folks.

Stop the snark, stop the condescension and stop attacking other posters for their opinions.

If you don't like how/what someone else is saying, address the post, not the poster, and do it without the sarcasm.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I'm honestly just glad someone thinks of Cheetah as the strongest, especially someone in a lead creative position like Patty. It's clear Patty put a lot of thought into Cheetah and I appreciate that effort.

We all know Cheetah has had it pretty ruff in visual media and comics outside Wonder Woman, especially since she's probably the most well know female DC villain that isn't part of Batman's rouge gallery. So it's kind-of nice to hear Patty say that.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-30-2021 at 08:46 AM.

I'm honestly just glad someone thinks of Cheetah as the strongest, especially someone in a lead creative position like Patty. It's clear Patty put a lot of thought into Cheetah and I appreciate that effort.

We all know Cheetah has had it pretty ruff in visual media and comics outside Wonder Woman, especially since she's probably the most well know female DC villain that isn't part of Batman's rouge gallery. So it's kind-of nice to hear Patty say that.
    It would have been great if only Jenkins could have put more effort into the final results. Words mean nothing without actual evidence. Cheetah did not look like the strongest foe or more powerful than WW at all. And all it took to put her down was a power cable. If that is the limits of WW and Cheetah in jenkin's mind, then it is very sad.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Overall WW84 had its heart in the right place in several areas, this being one of them.

The quick fight will be more forgivable if this was just the first part of their feud and it continues into WW 3. I think a lot of resentment towards how Cheetah was treated in WW84 comes from not being 100% sure if this is it for her or not, or if we will get more.

Overall WW84 had its heart in the right place in several areas, this being one of them.

The quick fight will be more forgivable if this was just the first part of their feud and it continues into WW 3. I think a lot of resentment towards how Cheetah was treated in WW84 comes from not being 100% sure if this is it for her or not, or if we will get more.
    Jenkins called Cheetah more powerful than WW. Yet all it took to put a ''more powerful'' being than WW down was a power cable. Which means if Diana did not have immunity to electricity for Zeus daugther, she probably would have died. Since that power cable was enough to punch the lights out of the strongest foe that outclasses WW in power according to Jenkins. That is not a good look no matter how i look at it. Which is why i amn asking if Jenkins can do better than that.

It would have been great if only Jenkins could have put more effort into the final results. Words mean nothing without actual evidence. Cheetah did not look like the strongest foe or more powerful than WW at all. And all it took to put her down was a power cable. If that is the limits of WW and Cheetah in jenkin's mind, then it is very sad.
    I don't think it's a question of how much effort she put in. She clearly put in a lot of effort, she said herself this was the hardest project she's ever worked on because of how much of it was practical.

The fight itself felt like the first fight Diana had with Barbara's Cheetah in George Perez's run (Wonder Woman Vol. #9). I think if we just had a fight with Diana and a full powered Cheetah without the golden armor before this one, there wouldn't be an issue.

Man I hope we get more Cheetah. I love Kristen Wiig!

I know Wiig said she wants to return as Cheetah. Pedro said he's not doing another Wonder Woman movie (and I think Chris said the same about his character as well). I'll have to see if I can fine the article. And I know Gal wants Cheetah back since she was her first choice as a DC character she wants her Wonder Woman to team up with, and she'll probably be a producer again in WW3.

Edit: I found the article about Steve: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...der-woman-1984

Diana's gonna need someone to bounce off of in Wonder Woman 3 and Gal and Kristen clearly have that chemistry off set. It would be cool if Cheetah starts out as Diana's enemy next film but Diana convinces her to help her. I fell like superhero movies never convince the villain to change sides unless it's at the very end, but if Diana convinces Cheetah 1/3 into the movie that would really speak to Diana as a character. Plus Cheetah would be fun as a foil to Diana.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-30-2021 at 09:56 AM.

I don't think it's a question of how much effort she put in. She clearly put in a lot of effort, she said herself this was the hardest project she's ever worked on because of how much of it was practical.

The fight itself felt like the first fight Diana had with Barbara's Cheetah in George Perez's run (Wonder Woman Vol. #9). I think if we just had a fight with Diana and a full powered Cheetah without the golden armor before this one, there wouldn't be an issue.
    To me, that final battle did not look like a very difficult one to make. It did not make the characters stand out. And the first Perez fight with Cheetah is a very bad one. Cheetah took down by a mere bullet and Diana unable to lift a tree. Honestly guys, is that how you view these 2? That should be their best in your mind? I guess we have different standards of what a powerhouse is.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 03-30-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Jenkins called Cheetah more powerful than WW. Yet all it took to put a ''more powerful'' being than WW down was a power cable. Which means if Diana did not have immunity to electricity for Zeus daugther, she probably would have died. Since that power cable was enough to punch the lights out of the strongest foe that outclasses WW in power according to Jenkins. That is not a good look no matter how i look at it. Which is why i amn asking if Jenkins can do better than that.
    I mean, Cheetah was fine though. She was only stunned, I don't even think she passed out since she was kicking her legs again and wrapped her arm around Diana's shoulder before she lifted her out of the water. Cheetah wasn't burned either, she was more shocked than anything (pun not intended).

Since the cable short circuited, she probably would have swam to the surface herself whether Diana help her or not.

I was watching All-Star Superman the other day which had Superman at the height of his power and Lex Luthor still hurt him by electrocuting his face against a rail-road track.

I was watching All-Star Superman the other day which had Superman at the height of his power and Lex Luthor still hurt him by electrocuting his face against a rail-road track.
    Superman was at the height of his power shortly after the sun incident, but after returning to Earth from deep space he was rapidly physically declining.

I don't think Jenkins is the right director for flashy superhero action sequences. That said, I don't need flashy. I just don't want it to look lackluster or flat-out terrible like a lot of these CGI superhero fights end up becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Superman was at the height of his power shortly after the sun incident, but after returning to Earth from deep space he was rapidly physically declining.

I don't think Jenkins is the right director for flashy superhero action sequences. That said, I don't need flashy. I just don't want it to look lackluster or flat-out terrible like a lot of these CGI superhero fights end up becoming.
    Oh, gotcha.

He was still tanky enough to take hits from a superpowered Lex, which is something to keep in mind.