Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She needs a better fight choreographer.

Hopefully her experience in directing that Rogue Squadron movie will have a positive effect on WW3.
    Yeah when I heard "circus performance" I just about slapped myself.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    These are your opinions, not facts. So far, Patty has given 2 fantastic WW films, with some beautiful action, even though some feel there wasn't ENOUGH action. What I will never get, though, is why there are those who are OBSESSED with "feats". "She's not depicted strong enough" "She used a sword and shield in BvS, not strength..." etc.

Some of us appreciate an adation for what it is. If the OP is waiting for a 100% comic-to-screen take with Diana doing things like catching meteors and hefting mountains, then unfortunately that's gonna be a loooong wait, IF it ever happens.

Personally, I like Diana to max out at 90-100 tons. I definitely don't need her to be this "All Powerful" character that many seem to clamber for. In comics, she is very powerful, as proven time and time again. In the movies, she is ALSO very powerful, as seen in 4 movies now.

No one is entitled to "their" specific interpretation of a fictional character. From what I've read that people want, that Diana would be untouchable and boring. There is a reason I find Superman boring.

I know stating I like Diana to NOT be as powerful as Superman is not popular, but it's my preference, and the 4 films she's been in thus far have FAR exceeded my own expectations.

Bring on Wonder Woman 3 by Patti and Gal!
    Yeah, not saying I don’t want WW being shown as flying brick but Lord have I gotten sick of the phrase “power levels”. I avoid DBZ for a reason.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-29-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Did we really need yet another thread about this? But, here I go anyway

Better use of special effects and fight choreography would be ideal.

Circe is likely going to be the main villain with Cheetah also possibly returning. These are the characters most WW fans want to see, but they don't really lend themselves to type of "feats" a lot of people seemingly want. Circe can have an army of massive monsters at her disposal, but I can imagine people just complaining that that would be a rehash of Doomsday and Steppenwolf. Cheetah's next fight scene with Diana, if it happens, should be longer and more intense, but nobody should go into it expecting them to level city blocks MOS style or fly into space. It's never happened, and it would look dumb when applied to a cat-human thing. Cheetah was designed to be a physical threat to Diana, but let's not forget that Julia Kapatelis beat her with a shotgun blast in her first appearance. Not that I liked that mind you, but I don't see how her being defeated by electricity in WW84 (not even killed, she was up again a few moments later) is all that different.

Maybe Circe can call down a big meteor or something for Diana to fly up and destroy lol.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 03-29-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, not saying I don’t want WW being shown as flying brick but Lord have I gotten sick of the phrase “power levels”. I avoid DBZ for a reason.
    Who is talking about DBZ? I only want WW to be shown as more than just super human warrior. Look at action power scenes from characters like Hulk, Superman, Captain Marvel, Thor(that WW shares similarities with). I expect WW to perform on that level. To show more than just lifting 30 tons tank. To do something more than just speeding bullets with her speed. To see her actually taking powerful attacks with her body and not the shield all the time. What is wrong with that? Why do i have to have users like rayray acting like i am asking for too much, when i say WW should have better action power moments? What is wrong with wanting to see her do more powerful stuff? She is supposed to be one of the heavy hitters after all. So what's wrong with wanting better action feats? Is so wrong to want to feel entertained and excited when watching my fav character on the battlefield? I am craving for that excitement vibe of watching her perform stuff that make me go like yea that's WW!!!. I am not telling any of you that you can not enjoy what has been done with her so far. But i do expect better. What's wrong with that?
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 03-29-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Did we really need yet another thread about this? But, here I go anyway

Better use of special effects and fight choreography would be ideal.

Circe is likely going to be the main villain with Cheetah also possibly returning. These are the characters most WW fans want to see, but they don't really lend themselves to type of "feats" a lot of people seemingly want. Circe can have an army of massive monsters at her disposal, but I can imagine people just complaining that that would be a rehash of Doomsday and Steppenwolf. Cheetah's next fight scene with Diana, if it happens, should be longer and more intense, but nobody should go into it expecting them to level city blocks MOS style or fly into space. It's never happened, and it would look dumb when applied to a cat-human thing. Cheetah was designed to be a physical threat to Diana, but let's not forget that Julia Kapatelis beat her with a shotgun blast in her first appearance. Not that I liked that mind you, but I don't see how her being defeated by electricity in WW84 (not even killed, she was up again a few moments later) is all that different.

Maybe Circe can call down a big meteor or something for Diana to fly up and destroy lol.
    That is called bad writing. If Cheetah is supposed to be a physical challenge to WW. Then things like the ones you mentioned shouldn't happen. Patty Jenkins just perpetuated Cheetah's curse by having her go down so easily. How can we expect other writers outside WW to treat Cheetah with enough respect to not jobb to Batman, Catwoman or green arrow. When WW writers themnselves are treating Cheetah like garbage while attempting to sell her as WW archi at the same time? It shouldn't be difficult to portray Cheetah as a credible powerful foe. Her power is directly connected to a God.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    That is called bad writing. If Cheetah is supposed to be a physical challenge to WW. Then things like the ones you mentioned shouldn't happen. Patty Jenkins just perpetuated Cheetah's curse by having her go down so easily. How can we expect other writers outside WW to treat Cheetah with enough respect to not jobb to Batman, Catwoman or green arrow. When WW writers themnselves are treating Cheetah like garbage while attempting to sell her as WW archi at the same time? It shouldn't be difficult to portray Cheetah as a credible powerful foe. Her power is directly connected to a God.
    So Perez, who created this iteration of the character and designed her to be a physical threat, is a bad writer for Cheetah?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So Perez, who created this iteration of the character and designed her to be a physical threat, is a bad writer for Cheetah?
    He had a bad writing moment in that issue. Where a shotgun took Cheetah down. And where Diana was not strong enough to lift a tree that fell onto her in that same issue. Even good writers can make mistakes.

Who is talking about DBZ? I only want WW to be shown as more than just super human warrior. Look at action power scenes from characters like Hulk, Superman, Captain Marvel, Thor(that WW shares similarities with). I expect WW to perform on that level. To show more than just lifting 30 tons tank. To do something more than just speeding bullets with her speed. To see her actually taking powerful attacks with her body and not the shield all the time. What is wrong with that? Why do i have to have users like rayray acting like i am asking for too much, when i say WW should have better action power moments? What is wrong with wanting to see her do more powerful stuff? She is supposed to be one of the heavy hitters after all. So what's wrong with wanting better action feats? Is so wrong to want to feel entertained and excited when watching my fav character on the battlefield? I am craving for that excitement vibe of watching her perform stuff that make me go like yea that's WW!!!. I am not telling any of you that you can not enjoy what has been done with her so far. But i do expect better. What's wrong with that?
    And I get that but I'm just not someone who cares all that much about "power levels" or "feats". WW84 has a lot of problems but not having a Superman vs. Steppenwolf/Doomsday-like fight scene isn't one of them in my opinion. Especially since stuff like that is not always indicative of a good story.

If I get mad because Wonder Woman or Cheetah loses a fight to someone like Superman, Batman, or whoever it's because some insecure Superman or Batman fanboy writer wants to show off how cool their favorite is by using Diana as a punching bag.

And I get that but I'm just not someone who cares all that much about "power levels" or "feats". WW84 has a lot of problems but not having a Superman vs. Steppenwolf/Doomsday-like fight scene isn't one of them in my opinion. Especially since stuff like that is not always indicative of a good story.

If I get mad because Wonder Woman or Cheetah loses a fight to someone like Superman, Batman, or whoever it's because some insecure Superman or Batman fanboy writer wants to show off how cool their favorite is by using Diana as a punching bag.
    Well to me, a power spectacle is part of a good story for a character like WW. And Cheetah was in serious need of an improvement. After being defeated by Batman, Catwoman, Steve Trevor, Green Arrow. Julia's Shotgun, killed by a random dude with a gun, killed by a mad robin with a normal gun etc. Cheetah was in serious need of a better treatment. And then poor girl was once again thrown under the bus like that in her debut silver screeen with WW84. A fight that showed Cheetah doing literally nothing impressive strength or speed wise. When she was hyped by the writer and director as, ''more powerful than WW herself''. The end results made both Cheetah and WW look bad.

How can you expect other writers to not use WW or Cheetah as punching bags for other characters, when many writers of current WW era barely put any effort to establish them as real powerhouses?
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 03-29-2021 at 06:50 PM.

I would like to see WW doing strength feats without her sword. Because the sword has already taken away a lot of attention from her own powers in the comics too. And the WW i love did not need to carry a sword around to feel powerful for 70 years of her history.

Did you not watch Superman dominating WW completely in 2 hits in the jl movie? There is a big difference between not being his equal, and being easily overpowered by him. So yes, i think WW should be doing better than what we have so far in those movies.

And i do not force you to do anything. I am not telling you that you can not enjoy those movies.
    Yes I did see that. I ALSO saw her get up and dust herself off, no worse for the ware. Superman is ALWAYS going to be depicted as "most" powerful, that's his schtick for almost ALL casual viewers, AND a lot of comic fans. Is it "fair"? Not really, but that comes from my OWN bias, as I didn't even know there WAS a Superman til YEARS after I saw Lynda Carter playing bullets and bracelets and throwing around grown men (WWHHOOOOSHH!).

And while I also understand that you never said anyone couldn't enjoy the movies, your constant barage of complaining takes away from MY enjoyment of this lovely WW community. We ALL have atuff we like and stuff we didn't like. I find Snyder to be one of the most pretentious super hero movie directors of all time, but I don't come on here to constantly complain. I try to raise the character and her ADAPTIONS with what I ENJOY. With positivity and LOVE. You know, like what Wonder Woman would do.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

I understand where your coming from, but Diana was created to be powerful and have insane feats. Are they the most important to a story? well, to a comic character I'd argue yes a little bit. What your character can do often defines the situations they are in. I'm not expecting her to be as powerful as her comic counterpart but, she should be knocked down so far from where she would be in comparison to everyone else.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I understand where your coming from, but Diana was created to be powerful and have insane feats. Are they the most important to a story? well, to a comic character I'd argue yes a little bit. What your character can do often defines the situations they are in. I'm not expecting her to be as powerful as her comic counterpart but, she should be knocked down so far from where she would be in comparison to everyone else.
    That's fair, and I don't disagree Diana gets short-changed a lot because DC decides her abilities crib on the territory of others (not allowed to be stronger than Superman because he's first, not allowed to be smarter than Batman because he's Batman, etc) but I guess that just leads to the issues of being in a shared universe. I guess it all depends on where that stuff falls under for you and I don't agree Diana being powerful is a part of a original conception and her appeal to many.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I get why strength is important to people, but for me it's more important that she's shown to be competent in other ways. The agility, dexterity, and skill she displays makes her a lot more fun to watch than flying brick characters. If she can go up against some mythical beasts, I'd love to see it.

I also think WW fans are overreacting a little to WW84 and any missteps in JLSC. You have a competent and beautiful actress inhabiting the role. The character had one great origin movie, several memorable and impressive scenes in two shared universe movies, and her sequel wasn't so bad that the third movie can't happen. Given how rocky and uncertain the DCEU is and how long Wonder Woman went without a big-screen presence, I'd say there's more to be grateful for. I'm sure they're going to try and please the fans with the third movie, and we're likely to get more Amazons. Her arc is likely to wrap up neatly, and then down the line another vision can be realized.

The Wonder Woman brand is in the best place its been in decades, and the future looks bright, not dim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I get why strength is important to people, but for me it's more important that she's shown to be competent in other ways. The agility, dexterity, and skill she displays makes her a lot more fun to watch than flying brick characters. If she can go up against some mythical beasts, I'd love to see it.

I also think WW fans are overreacting a little to WW84 and any missteps in JLSC. You have a competent and beautiful actress inhabiting the role. The character had one great origin movie, several memorable and impressive scenes in two shared universe movies, and her sequel wasn't so bad that the third movie can't happen. Given how rocky and uncertain the DCEU is and how long Wonder Woman went without a big-screen presence, I'd say there's more to be grateful for. I'm sure they're going to try and please the fans with the third movie, and we're likely to get more Amazons. Her arc is likely to wrap up neatly, and then down the line another vision can be realized.

The Wonder Woman brand is in the best place its been in decades, and the future looks bright, not dim.
    Amen! This times 100. I'm old enough to remember a time when there wasn't even a single crumb in the media where WW was concerned. There was talk when I was in junior high of a syndicated tv show where Diana was a globe trotting archeology teacher (a la Secrets of Isis meets Indiana Jones), and there was talk of the possibilty of Sandra Bullock playing an amnesiac Donna Troy who inherits the mantle of WW while Diana is out of commission a few years after that, but otherwise....? NADA. Zippo. There was A Wonder Woman on TV, and her name was Xena.

I spent all of my formative years LONGING to see Diana in live action. At the tail end of HS, we got the JL cartoons, and even though I thought Diana was often WAAAY ooc, it was WW on tv, and I was in it.

Fast forward to my MIDDLE AGE, and there is finally this beautiful (inside AND out) actress bringing all of Diana's best qualities to the silver screen. For ME, and I'm sure for MANY Wonder Woman fans in my age group, we are not being served the "crumbs" others are complaining about, we are happily feasting on a full 3 course meal plus dessert.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Mighty Member

That is nothging for a character that is supposed to have God like strength. MCU Spiderman has better strength feats than DCEU WW.
    Like what? The only things I can think of are things he struggled with...like a lot (like the master planner style rubble, and you know you would not be pleased with something like that as it’s not big/heavy enough!) Hell, he didn’t even win his fight with Vulture and just survived it...

I’m wondering what we mean by “strength”, like decimating half the planet when she punches Cheetah or something?