Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I mean, Cheetah was fine though. She was only stunned, I don't even think she passed out since she was kicking her legs again and wrapped her arm around Diana's shoulder before she lifted her out of the water. Cheetah wasn't burned either, she was more shocked than anything (pun not intended).

Since the cable short circuited, she probably would have swam to the surface herself whether Diana help her or not.

I was watching All-Star Superman the other day which had Superman at the height of his power and Lex Luthor still hurt him by electrocuting his face against a rail-road track.
    Superman was not t the high of his power when that lex fight happened. Cheetah should not have been affected by something like that either. A high tier should be very tanky. When i picture WW and Cheetah. I picture 2 beings of great power. Going down to a power cable does not scream powerful to me.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im rewatching Aquaman and while I love the the action in the first WW film, i'd love to see a similar take in WW3 (or what we should've gotten in 84). He fights bare handed, uses whats around him, he doesnt hold back against his enemies but he doesnt outright kill them. We see Black Manta try to stab him, we see bullets bounce off of him, etc..i

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im rewatching Aquaman and while I love the the action in the first WW film, i'd love to see a similar take in WW3 (or what we should've gotten in 84). He fights bare handed, uses whats around him, he doesnt hold back against his enemies but he doesnt outright kill them. We see Black Manta try to stab him, we see bullets bounce off of him, etc..i
    I can't help but feel like Diana is perpetually stuck in this "she's a woman we can only do so much with her" state where a character like Aquaman (who is weaker to Diana in every way) can have action scenes like his fight with Orm while Diana has either played catch with Ares or circus swings with Cheetah. I haven't noticed this issue with really any male hero characters. IDK its just an opinion.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I can't help but feel like Diana is perpetually stuck in this "she's a woman we can only do so much with her" state where a character like Aquaman (who is weaker to Diana in every way) can have action scenes like his fight with Orm while Diana has either played catch with Ares or circus swings with Cheetah. I haven't noticed this issue with really any male hero characters. IDK its just an opinion.
    I like circus swings with Cheetah.

I like circus swings with Cheetah.
    I'm glad you did, never said people couldn't like it, but more people didn't like it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's not. There are definitely things in the DCEU Wonder Woman film series I'd like to see changed in a different film series.

But asking for the same thing over and over again and not really discussing anything else in her franchise gets really tiresome. And while the films are not perfect (especially the second), we should be grateful we finally have some films at all and hope it gets the ball rolling for future adaptations.
    No-one is forcing you or anyone else to read. If I hated something that much I would not be reading it over and over and over again just to be miserable. I think the topic IS worth discussing because others feel the same way. I'll be grateful when they start showing WW as the heavy hitting powerhouse she is. Patty Jenkins has proven that she is not up to the task.
    Last edited by sallywonder; 03-31-2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Who is talking about DBZ? I only want WW to be shown as more than just super human warrior. Look at action power scenes from characters like Hulk, Superman, Captain Marvel, Thor(that WW shares similarities with). I expect WW to perform on that level. To show more than just lifting 30 tons tank. To do something more than just speeding bullets with her speed. To see her actually taking powerful attacks with her body and not the shield all the time. What is wrong with that? Why do i have to have users like rayray acting like i am asking for too much, when i say WW should have better action power moments? What is wrong with wanting to see her do more powerful stuff? She is supposed to be one of the heavy hitters after all. So what's wrong with wanting better action feats? Is so wrong to want to feel entertained and excited when watching my fav character on the battlefield? I am craving for that excitement vibe of watching her perform stuff that make me go like yea that's WW!!!. I am not telling any of you that you can not enjoy what has been done with her so far. But i do expect better. What's wrong with that?
    Nothing at all. Your post is on point.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Personally, i have no hope. Patty Wants Diana to be like Donners Superman, then why not let Diana do something absurd and powerful like Doners Superman did

Quote Originally Posted by sallywonder View Post
    No-one is forcing you or anyone else to read. If I hated something that much I would not be reading it over and over and over again just to be miserable. I think the topic IS worth discussing because others feel the same way. I'll be grateful when they start showing WW as the heavy hitting powerhouse she is. Patty Jenkins has proven that she is not up to the task.
    The "if you don't like it, don't engage with it" argument goes both ways, however. No one forces people to bring up or complain in any story where WW is present that doesn't involve her juggling planets with her pinky finger or something the equivalent of to complain about not respecting her "power levels".

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The "if you don't like it, don't engage with it" argument goes both ways, however. No one forces people to bring up or complain in any story where WW is present that doesn't involve her juggling planets with her pinky finger or something the equivalent of to complain about not respecting her "power levels".
    It does and I don't mind people's opinions that are different than mine, and I am never tired of seeing a different viewpoint. If I were, I wouldn't engage. But as it stands no-one is juggling planets in the DCEU, and no-one in this thread has neither stated nor implied that they would like to see any character in the DCEU or in WW84 juggle planets, but I and I suspect others would like to see our favorite godlike powerhouse portrayed as just that. No apologies.
    Last edited by sallywonder; 04-01-2021 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typo

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I'm glad you did, never said people couldn't like it, but more people didn't like it.
    The fight with Cheetah at the end was so underwhelming. The armor was of no use, only used so they could sell toys.

Just saw Godzilla vs Kong and the lighting throughout the movie was far superior than the end fight with Cheetah. The special effects was far superior to the WW84 movie. What did the WW84 movie spend its 200 million on?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So...the argument degenerates into hyperbole? Why can't we have a normal discussion with superheroes powers before we start talking about juggling planets. If you can find any of us here that have actually said that, then call that person out. Otherwise, it is just a weak excuse to put down a person's viewpoint.

Many of us want to know why the Justice League was even necessary. All it took was Supermans resurrection and the movie and threat was essentially over. If the Justice League as a team wasn't curbstomped by Superman, then maybe it would sit better with a lot of the viewing public. What happens when the furies, Kalibak, Graven, Kanto among others was thrown in the midst of a major fight? If we assume Darkseid is also a part of this, what hope do any of the heroes have since it was quite apparent all they could do was stalemate Steppenwolf. Only Superman could take on any of those without help.

I am with others, while Wonder Woman looked good in action scenes, she hasn't really shown why she is a powerhouse. If she can't be counted on take on SW by herself, what use is she to fight others like Kalibak or the furies?

Disclaimer---I have never wanted Wonder Woman to juggle planets or be as strong as Superman. But with all her skillsets, she should be a close match to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So...the argument degenerates into hyperbole? Why can't we have a normal discussion with superheroes powers before we start talking about juggling planets. If you can find any of us here that have actually said that, then call that person out. Otherwise, it is just a weak excuse to put down a person's viewpoint.

Many of us want to know why the Justice League was even necessary. All it took was Supermans resurrection and the movie and threat was essentially over. If the Justice League as a team wasn't curbstomped by Superman, then maybe it would sit better with a lot of the viewing public. What happens when the furies, Kalibak, Graven, Kanto among others was thrown in the midst of a major fight? If we assume Darkseid is also a part of this, what hope do any of the heroes have since it was quite apparent all they could do was stalemate Steppenwolf. Only Superman could take on any of those without help.

I am with others, while Wonder Woman looked good in action scenes, she hasn't really shown why she is a powerhouse. If she can't be counted on take on SW by herself, what use is she to fight others like Kalibak or the furies?

Disclaimer---I have never wanted Wonder Woman to juggle planets or be as strong as Superman. But with all her skillsets, she should be a close match to him.
    I don't really want Wonder Woman and Superman to be together in live action anymore. I like what Wonder Woman does in her own movies.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I don't really want Wonder Woman and Superman to be together in live action anymore. I like what Wonder Woman does in her own movies.
    You need to understand that a lot of us do not like what WW has done in the silver screen even without mentioning Superman. Her first film is good and solid for an origin story where she is just discovering her Godly powers. But i expect to see far better than that for WW as her movie verse develops. Yet WW84 was a big let down fdor a lot of us. Jenkins said WW84 would be Diana at thge peak of her power, and Cheetah would be the strongest foe. Yet the action in that movie was underwhelming to many of us. It did not feel like 2 powerhouses fightning at all.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    All it took was Supermans resurrection and the movie and threat was essentially over.
    This isn't quite true. Steppenwolf still needed to be held off while Cyborg hacked the motherbox, before Superman got there. And even after he did, they still lost...until Barry ran back in time. If any one of them were removed, they would have failed.