Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    You need to understand that a lot of us do not like what WW has done in the silver screen even without mentioning Superman. Her first film is good and solid for an origin story where she is just discovering her Godly powers. But i expect to see far better than that for WW as her movie verse develops. Yet WW84 was a big let down fdor a lot of us. Jenkins said WW84 would be Diana at thge peak of her power, and Cheetah would be the strongest foe. Yet the action in that movie was underwhelming to many of us. It did not feel like 2 powerhouses fightning at all.
    I never even said my opinion was the popular one. I was just stating my opinion.

And if nobody likes the final fight between Diana and Cheetah as much as I do, that's fine. I didn't come onto this forum for validation on my opinions, I came because I wanted to talk about Wonder Woman with people who enjoy her as a character as much as I do.

CBR has been shown to be a more relaxed community than most fandom community's, but at this point, it's not fun for me to talk about WW84 anymore. So I'm finished talking about the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I never even said my opinion was the popular one. I was just stating my opinion.

And if nobody likes the final fight between Diana and Cheetah as much as I do, that's fine. I didn't come onto this forum for validation on my opinions, I came because I wanted to talk about Wonder Woman with people who enjoy her as a character as much as I do.

CBR has been shown to be a more relaxed community than most fandom community's, but at this point, it's not fun for me to talk about WW84 anymore. So I'm finished talking about the movie.
    I'm right there with ya, buddy! I loved both movies equally, and I've been a fan of WW my whole life, but yea, I'm right where you're at. It's just not fun, anymore.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    This isn't quite true. Steppenwolf still needed to be held off while Cyborg hacked the motherbox, before Superman got there. And even after he did, they still lost...until Barry ran back in time. If any one of them were removed, they would have failed.
    That's still kind of relegating her to the placeholder tank until Superman shows up and takes care of everything

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    You need to understand that a lot of us do not like what WW has done in the silver screen even without mentioning Superman. Her first film is good and solid for an origin story where she is just discovering her Godly powers. But i expect to see far better than that for WW as her movie verse develops. Yet WW84 was a big let down fdor a lot of us. Jenkins said WW84 would be Diana at thge peak of her power, and Cheetah would be the strongest foe. Yet the action in that movie was underwhelming to many of us. It did not feel like 2 powerhouses fightning at all.
    The Cheetah versus Wonder Woman fights, both of them, were severly underwhelming. I can't believe that the best feats of strength and fights that she has had has been in the animated universe. Just sad!!!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    This isn't quite true. Steppenwolf still needed to be held off while Cyborg hacked the motherbox, before Superman got there. And even after he did, they still lost...until Barry ran back in time. If any one of them were removed, they would have failed.
    Always the nitpick in the argument. Would it be correct to say that if it wasn't for Alfred, Superman would not have made it in time to make the save later in the movie? The fact is, if Superman hadn't stopped to smell the roses after his resurrection, then he would have had plenty of time to 'own' SW and the parademons. The Justice League, in that scenario, would not have been needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    The Cheetah versus Wonder Woman fights, both of them, were severly underwhelming. I can't believe that the best feats of strength and fights that she has had has been in the animated universe. Just sad!!!
    That's true for all DC characters.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's generally easier to pull off in animation and have it look good. Though the stuff in MOS looked great IMO, so it'd be nice to see something on that level in WW.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Yeah and the stage was set for an epic super powered fight with Diana getting back her powers and armouring-up to face an “Apex Predator”, I mean they really hyped it up. Both Wonder Woman and Cheetah were supposed to be way more powerful than before but it didn’t look that way at all. There was almost no noticeable difference between WW at half-throttle vs WW at full power, and Cheetah didn't look particularly menacing compared to earlier
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 04-01-2021 at 05:07 PM.

All-New Member

I got to agree with this. That terrorist scene in JL (ZS version) wasn't half bad, and the climax of WW 2017 when she took to the air and used the god of war's lightening to kill him wasn't half bad.