Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just caught up on all the x books over the weekend so reading this was so nice, you can really tell how connected these books are and it shows in the interview. Really curious about who is breaking up and who is making up at the gala..

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Avalanche, OG Pyro, Sauron, Mesmero, Moses Magnum, Bogan, Tower, Abraham Lincoln Keiros? Nobody is really leaping out to me as a 'fan-favorite.'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Another interesting thing is that Hickman said "last issue" as a hint. I think we can agree that X-men is going to end and Hick will right a new #1. Perhaps it will be called Uncanny X-men?
    It's always hard to tell when Hickman is being serious or is just messing with fans. Marvel sure likes shiny new #1s though so it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Betsy and Warren reunited? We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exodus is the biggest name whose done crap all.

Shadow King and Black Tom and Mastermind, to a lesser extent, have farted around in the background, but not really had any sort of meaningful presence, not like Sinister or Magneto.

And then there's Juggernaut. He's not a mutant, but there are non-mutants like Kyle and Shogo on the island, so who knows...

Avalanche, OG Pyro, Sauron, Mesmero, Moses Magnum, Bogan, Tower, Abraham Lincoln Keiros? Nobody is really leaping out to me as a 'fan-favorite.'

Where's Azazel at these days?
    Out of these, I'd probably call Sauron and Mesmero "classic villains". I'm going to assume if they've been living on Krakoa "all along" they must be a mutant.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's always hard to tell when Hickman is being serious or is just messing with fans. Marvel sure likes shiny new #1s though so it's not out of the realm of possibilities.
    It makes sense though, the cover for the last issues features all the characters that have been important to the run so far instead of doing a hellfire gala themed cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And hopefully Synch keeps that look.
    I think it has half a top too many. Didn't Emma teach that boy anything at the Massachusetts Academy?!

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Yeah, I'm not understanding why it's problematic that she's appearing. I mean, she will obvs be upstaged by Maria, but.....
    Who thinks it's problematic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think it has half a top too many. Didn't Emma teach that boy anything at the Massachusetts Academy?!
    Riiiight
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Yeah, I'm not understanding why it's problematic that she's appearing. I mean, she will obvs be upstaged by Maria, but.....
    I'm just concerned it might backfire easily and it's not like she has much to fall back on beyond that she was an X-men once because of a half-baked editorial demand (and she wasn't particular popular at the time).

She is put into a "look at our best!" type showcase book, seemingly at random from the perspective of casual readers (i know it's because the writer had wanted to write/draw her for years), despite rarely being used over the past 20 years and not having any true stand out moment ever since Storm "killed" her.

With it's cover and premise the book is supposed to be about everything great female in Marvel comics. Their writers, artists and characters. Yet, as some here have pointed out, one story in the book is spend on two C-list characters, while actual stand out female characters of Marvel like Storm seem to just be there for the cover.

As much as i like that she gets a story in a book and one written by a writer who actualy likes the character, shoving her into a spotlight like this with little to no build up, feels like a risk for a character in dire need of having any kind of foundation re-established without attracting too much ire. She needs to build up some goodwill first so to speak.
    Especialy since chances are high the one-shot won't sell very well regardless of quality (the market just isn't kind to these kind of books) and that will be a bad mark on her allready small list of chances given.

Feral is more safe in my opinion, given she has an easier premise as character and isn't commonly associated with "everything wrong with the X-men in the 90's".

As for her on the X-men. Same reason as above. A character who had mostly gone from little appearance to little appearance (with a team membership on a short lived book in between) for most of her existance, would not make sense to be put on the big prestige X-men team all of a sudden.
    Likewise it makes little sense in universe either, since among the "heros of mutantkind" (villains or actual heros) a "low level mutant extremist" (former or active) does not look like the kind of person who would get many votes by the people of Krakoa.
    So it's perhaps for the better she stays away and rather sits things out until a book can re-establish her in a less odd manner. Also not being forced onto a writer again.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-29-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Fantastic Member

so the above poster was right sales on the x-men have been in the decline and cable ending at issue 12 was one of the first shoes to drop. with the pandemic and other non comic issues shipping diamond news and other stuff ive heard about the production schedule at marvel has shifted somewhat to allow for more breathing room for books, ie no double shipping skip months,making sure marvel has a set amount of books every month in case of emergencies , giving creators extra time for books. SAles on x-of swords
    while not bad and were on par with what marvel expected but a lot of people expected way higher . as hickman said the hellfire gala was supposed to be a december event and comic shops and retailers have been very very lukewarm to the event but im sure variant overload will make things profitable. Most of the new books while im sure will be quality reads way of ,x x-corp have very low preorder numbers i love ewing but sword is on life support. A large majority of retailers want the big books x-men x-force maruders double shipping and a more contained slimmed down line, and although it may not happen at least till mid 2022 heard that what marvel and x -editorial want as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so the above poster was right sales on the x-men have been in the decline and cable ending at issue 12 was one of the first shoes to drop. with the pandemic and other non comic issues shipping diamond news and other stuff ive heard about the production schedule at marvel has shifted somewhat to allow for more breathing room for books, ie no double shipping skip months,making sure marvel has a set amount of books every month in case of emergencies , giving creators extra time for books. SAles on x-of swords
    while not bad and were on par with what marvel expected but a lot of people expected way higher . as hickman said the hellfire gala was supposed to be a december event and comic shops and retailers have been very very lukewarm to the event but im sure variant overload will make things profitable. Most of the new books while im sure will be quality reads way of ,x x-corp have very low preorder numbers i love ewing but sword is on life support. A large majority of retailers want the big books x-men x-force maruders double shipping and a more contained slimmed down line, and although it may not happen at least till mid 2022 heard that what marvel and x -editorial want as well.
    What about Excalibur and Hellions?

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    some idea how x-factor is selling?
    Marauders and X-force are really selling well overall? ComicsPerch said that they were doing not so hot, around 20-30k
    Wolverine seems to be next best selling book after x-men

Double shipping the best selling books seems better strategy than release books that will get cancelled on 12 issue or even before that

Are digital sales included because, like, most of the people I know have shifted to digital in the last 5 years. I realize "most of the people I know" isn't necessarily indicative of a "trend" or "movement" but I have to wonder if my local community is doing this, that other communities are very possibly doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Are digital sales included because, like, most of the people I know have shifted to digital in the last 5 years. I realize "most of the people I know" isn't necessarily indicative of a "trend" or "movement" but I have to wonder if my local community is doing this, that other communities are very possibly doing the same.
    Digital still is too small. That is why amazon never release the numbers. Phisical continue fairly strong and I could even say stronger than it was

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that Victor is writing a story about Victor. Sabretooth.
    They said a high profile villain. Lol

Maybe something with Magneto. I don't think any personal story happened for him yet.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-29-2021 at 12:32 PM.