Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Oh.
    I first read "New X-Men" writer. But it was new "X-Men writer".
    Short was the excitement.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    "One of the biggest reveals in the column is the announcement that Victor LaValle (The Changeling, Big Machine, Boom! Studios’ Destroyer) will be joining the X-Men team!"
    So sales are declining, reader interest is seemingly increasingly waning, the line is bloated with titles and the summer event this year is a party promoted as fashion show and seemingly filled with prom story drama. So they decide to throw another new cook into the kitchen?

I mean maybe he surprises with a good new title or storyline. But at the moment it seems somewhat counter productive to me. Unless he is replacing a current writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I had same thought, like did they just spoil it? We 100% learned it's not Marrow and whoever Duggan voted for.
    Was kind of obvious after the first results came out. Also this might sound weird comming from me, but that's good to hear. She really wouldn't have made sense on the team. It's allready problematic enough she gets a full story in that Women of Marvel Oneshot next month.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    He also mentions that he’s writing the story of a high profile male villain who hasn’t had his Krakoa story told.

Exodus?
    Let's hope I've really enjoyed the little of Exodus we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've enjoyed 3 of Victor's books. I look forward to his comic but hope he makes the comics transition better than other high profile POC writers I won't mention.

Exodus? Is that you and your indoctrination school, girl?!
    Ew, can we stop comparing POC writers....

I hope Avalanche or Changeling.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Avalanche, please. Let him finally rock Pyro's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    He also mentions that he’s writing the story of a high profile male villain who hasn’t had his Krakoa story told.

Exodus?
    It says it's someone that has been on the island all along but hasn't been seen yet. Hmm. Cassie would be great.

"A few key details make this news positively tantalizing. The first being that LaValle will be writing a villain who has not yet made themselves known on Krakoa. That immediately takes a few famous villains off the table like Mr. Sinister and Magneto since we have seen them throughout Dawn of X and Reign of X."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It says it's someone that has been on the island all along but hasn't been seen yet. Hmm. Cassie would be great.

"A few key details make this news positively tantalizing. The first being that LaValle will be writing a villain who has not yet made themselves known on Krakoa. That immediately takes a few famous villains off the table like Mr. Sinister and Magneto since we have seen them throughout Dawn of X and Reign of X."
    This is a quote from the writer of the article which he/she is developing from a single quote from Victor:

"Victor LaValle: I haven’t officially begun writing for the X-Men line yet, but I have already found myself incredibly geeked that I will get to take a classic, and beloved, villain who has been on the island all along and get to finally start telling his Krakoa story."

NO WHERE does Victor state this character has not appeared at all and he clearly says the charter is male.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Let's hope I've really enjoyed the little of Exodus we've seen so far.
    Ew, can we stop comparing POC writers....
    As a POC myself who is actually invested in seeing POC writers have opportunities to tell good stories, I'll compare them to my heart's content.

Destroyer, eh? I'll check it out and hope for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    This is a quote from the writer of the article which he/she is developing from a single quote from Victor:

"Victor LaValle: I haven’t officially begun writing for the X-Men line yet, but I have already found myself incredibly geeked that I will get to take a classic, and beloved, villain who has been on the island all along and get to finally start telling his Krakoa story."

NO WHERE does Victor state this character has not appeared at all and he clearly says the charter is male.
    I was going off what AIPT wrote but fair enough, it's a male.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hmm... a beloved X-men villain who is male? And I assume a mutant too since he’s on Krakoa? Can’t think of anyone who fits the bill that we haven’t seen on the island yet. Save for maybe Stryfe? Timing would make sense considering he’s been in the background of the Cable series, and that series is wrapping up in July with issue #12 and apparently it’s Kid Cable versus OG Cable in the end.

I think that Victor is writing a story about Victor. Sabretooth.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I will guess Emplate.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that Victor is writing a story about Victor. Sabretooth.
    That brute does not interest true storytellers.

BANNED

I'd love to see him have a story just because his fan would flip out and critique it to death. Polaris stories have the same enjoyment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And did Leah Williams basically confirm Polaris is going to join the new X-Men team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I had same thought, like did they just spoil it? We 100% learned it's not Marrow and whoever Duggan voted for.
    Not necessarily. She's speaking from the perspective of someone preparing for any poll outcome in advance of its opening.

I'm operating under an assumption leaning toward Lorna having lost the poll because X-Factor fans on Twitter launched a campaign dedicated specifically to making her lose, something no other character on the poll had working against them.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)