Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Cypher has been behaving rather villainously — transforming parts of the island with his T/O virus. Holding private conversations with that phalanx-like entity that infected Storm. Even marrying a villain. He has also been on the island longer than any other.

Kind of bummed that SWORD isnt doing well.

Im pretty sure if some of these titles had X-men in the titles they be selling better.

I know its tacky.

But

Hellions could be Dark X-Men
    Maruaders could be Uncanny X-Men
    SWORD could be New X-Men
    New Mutants could be Young X-Men

X-Factor is a title I like personally so I bummed its selling low
    Excalibur needs a refresh IMO
    Cable is cancelled but we know retailers want OG Cable back
    Way of X is probably a mini series
    X-Force is X-Force
    Wolverine will always be their golden boy

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Im pretty sure if some of these titles had X-men in the titles they be selling better.

I know its tacky.

But

SWORD could be New X-Men

X-Force is X-Force
    I dont think having x-men would help at all. it is just a small detail

Maybe but everyone complained about the names in the beginning.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I know its tacky.

But

SWORD could be New X-Men

X-Force is X-Force
    I think having X-Men in the title helps for a few issues at the start, but then the titles spiral down into the usual downward pattern.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so the above poster was right sales on the x-men have been in the decline and cable ending at issue 12 was one of the first shoes to drop. with the pandemic and other non comic issues shipping diamond news and other stuff ive heard about the production schedule at marvel has shifted somewhat to allow for more breathing room for books, ie no double shipping skip months,making sure marvel has a set amount of books every month in case of emergencies , giving creators extra time for books. SAles on x-of swords
    while not bad and were on par with what marvel expected but a lot of people expected way higher . as hickman said the hellfire gala was supposed to be a december event and comic shops and retailers have been very very lukewarm to the event but im sure variant overload will make things profitable. Most of the new books while im sure will be quality reads way of ,x x-corp have very low preorder numbers i love ewing but sword is on life support. A large majority of retailers want the big books x-men x-force maruders double shipping and a more contained slimmed down line, and although it may not happen at least till mid 2022 heard that what marvel and x -editorial want as well.
    Many thanks for your sales insights bishop66, they're always most welcome! With regards to your last point, frankly I don't see why Marvel is bothering with lower-tier X-titles when they can just double-ship the main ones and have bigger sales. What doesn't work is having 12 titles AND also double-shipping some. But a 5-6 title roster with 18 issues a year per title would be doable and healthy IMO.

Betsy and Warren reunited? We shall see.
    Where is this coming from?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Are digital sales included because, like, most of the people I know have shifted to digital in the last 5 years. I realize "most of the people I know" isn't necessarily indicative of a "trend" or "movement" but I have to wonder if my local community is doing this, that other communities are very possibly doing the same.
    From what i recall (so take with a grain of salt) the overall impact of digital sales on titles is still very small (less than 5-10% in general). With commonly mentioned reason being that a majority of actual buyers are comicbook collectors (not even necessarily readers), who obviously prefer the physical versions.
    They are also the reason trade sales seem to be not as important as one might think, because collectors tend to ignore them unless they come with their own versions of gimicks to collect.

It's also this collector heavy market demographic which is speculated to be the reason the big two to constantly relaunch their titles as number 1s, have set the prices at steep 4-5 dollar for 20 pages of story (and filled with advertisments in between) and the constant variant covers.

This focus on the collector demographic for sales are often also cited as reason for why these comics tend not to attract many new readers. The prices are too high, the stories require previous knowledge to get into, the stories are confusing to newcommers, the issue numbers and names are all over the place, etc.
    Which is a problem that is carried over into the digital market, which without the collectors value, will not find as much sales as the physical market.

And that's all before we get into the topic of who are the stories written for vs. who are the comics sold to.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

please be a book about Wanda being a perpetual Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Where is this coming from?
    One of the writers said it. Idk why it made me think of them. It's just me manifesting what I want to see. Didn't really come from the interview. My bad. I just want them to talk.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

We saw these classic villains enter Krakoa who we barely saw so far (on top of my head); Selene, Emplate, Lady and Miss Mastermind, Gideon and the MLF.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sugar Man gets a title? Wow, I never thought I'd see that day come.

On a more serious note it could be Rachel's old flame: John Sublime. He'd be perfect in this Krakoan age with corporate mutant drugs.

This is VERY exciting.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

So we have Dr Doom confirmed for the Gala I wonder who is going to find his Ex on this party.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

Did anyone mention Legion as the potential male villain?